Nation Wars Livestream tonight!

skaitavia
skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Tideswell (East)
Hello everyone! It's been well over 3 months since my last Livestream, as well as over 3 months since I last Nation War'd, so with the new content update, now seems like a great time to do one!

If my settings are correct, it'll be a 720p livestream, but if not then it will mean I don't have access to YouTube's HD livestreaming technology yet.

Link to the stream can be found here! The livestream will also have a countdown to the air time, so look forward to it!

-Skai
Post edited by skaitavia on

Comments

• Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Hello everyone! It's been well over 3 months since my last Livestream, as well as over 3 months since I last Nation War'd, so with the new content update, now seems like a great time to do one!

If my settings are correct, it'll be a 720p livestream, but if not then it will mean I don't have access to YouTube's HD livestreaming technology yet.

Link to the stream can be found here! The livestream will also have a countdown to the air time, so look forward to it!

-Skai

will you record this for those of us that will be in NW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    Since it's Livestreaming on YouTube, YouTube automatically encodes it and saves it as a video. After it finishes encoding, it will be available as a regular video after my session of streaming!

The only bad thing is that it won't be sped up, and if it doesn't stream in high quality (only way to gain access to being able to stream HD is to have more successful streams).

An example of the automatic YT encoding for livestreams can be found here.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Since it's Livestreaming on YouTube, YouTube automatically encodes it and saves it as a video. After it finishes encoding, it will be available as a regular video after my session of streaming!

The only bad thing is that it won't be sped up, and if it doesn't stream in high quality (only way to gain access to being able to stream HD is to have more successful streams).

An example of the automatic YT encoding for livestreams can be found here.

im not familiar enugh with uploading/streaming on youtube yet skaipony

i DO however stream my LoL matches on twitch :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as well as over 3 months since I last Nation War'd

--wait, so does that mean that you haven't NW'd since the map was really tiny aka original size, too?
    Or was that more than three months ago.... 'x3 Aha...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    im not familiar enugh with uploading/streaming on youtube yet skaipony

i DO however stream my LoL matches on twitch :3

I used Twitch before I became a partner on YouTube, which gave me access to YouTube's livestreaming options xD. Twitch is great!

But it's very similar to how Twitch streams. Just add on automatic recording, and that's YouTube's.

--wait, so does that mean that you haven't NW'd since the map was really tiny aka original size, too?
    Or was that more than three months ago.... 'x3 Aha...

XD Nope, the mini pieces have been there for quite a while now. My last NW livestream was 17 March 2013.
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    team pony reunite!

i'm a little scared of the new map being way too big to find good wars and end up fighting alot of squishy tt80s or wined instances, but other than that i'm looking forward to it! been months since i went as well
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    Hele what you said is exactly what you said about the last NW map update xD

But you might be right this time, considering I think we got like 2-3 times more locations than before. If I recall correctly, there are now 292 territories >.>.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Hele what you said is exactly what you said about the last NW map update xD

took the words right out of my mouth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The main issue is that the map is supposed to be server wide NW but we're not getting it just yet. I'm not 100% sure if PWI will ever get it but from the sounds of it, it might come later with time. For now NW will most likely be a lot less fun with to many lands and to few players among them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]