New Nation Wars

wanderingprophet
wanderingprophet Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
So they increased the number of lands in the entire battle.
They also added the New 2 Different battle fields.

Does anyone have a link to a picture of the new map?
Does it label which land is which type of battle field?

So, with these smaller size battle-fields, in kind of impractical to have full, 10 person squads.
Plus, with more lands all the battles will have less people as time progresses and the map gets deformed because people will be pushing in all kinds of directions and resulting it less overall points and contribution.
YOUTUBE:
https://www.youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
http://www.twitch.tv/thelostpoet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So, with these smaller size battle-fields, in kind of impractical to have full, 10 person squads.
    Plus, with more lands all the battles will have less people as time progresses and the map gets deformed because people will be pushing in all kinds of directions and resulting it less overall points and contribution.

Your right for the most part. I think for now, there will be alot more people playing, just to try out the new battle grounds, with the number of players dwindling. This map was most likely incoporated to prepare us for a server vs. server battle eventually. I'm not saying it will happen any time soon. I'm going to guess, maybe next year around the same time with the expansion. this will give the servers that recieved this update time to figure out the land and battles, then merge the servers. Don't quote me on that, just a guess.

I have yet to see a map myself.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013

There are pictures around, but I don't feel like searching for it.
    Yes, it will label which type of battle is it.

And I agree, it will be probably fine at the beginning, but might end up as bad decision. It will probably be too big. Unless they are expecting a [new players] delivery?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are pictures around, but I don't feel like searching for it.
    Yes, it will label which type of battle is it.

And I agree, it will be probably fine at the beginning, but might end up as bad decision. It will probably be too big. Unless they are expecting a [new players] delivery?

It was originally intended for a cross-server Nation wars, where that many lands would be required for that many people. But since PWE currently isn't capable of cross-server anything, it is limited to inter-server. Because of that, there will be excess lands for us.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Skaitavia wrote:
    It was originally intended for a cross-server Nation wars, where that many lands would be required for that many people. But since PWE currently isn't capable of cross-server anything, it is limited to inter-server. Because of that, there will be excess lands for us.

I understand that, but couldn't PWI decide to simply not implent the huge map? Maybe it's the only way to make new NW battles to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if the code was well done, map and battles shouldnt be linked xD but who knows :p
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I understand that, but couldn't PWI decide to simply not implent the huge map? Maybe it's the only way to make new NW battles to work.

That would be my guess as well. The big map already has the new battlefields integrated in, and I'm pretty sure changing that and/or incorporating the new battlefields and existing battlefield changes would require an executive approval, which takes time.