World boss spawns

SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
So I have heard that earlier today world bosses spawned out of their usual times. Can anyone confirm that they did. I am guessing the spawn times have changed in the last update unless there was a reset that I missed?
Post edited by SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what makes you think so? i havent seen any on 2 servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Except there's no incentive to do the instances lol; nothing beyond the weeklies.

More important than instances, devs need to make something worthwhile on the open map. Fac killed sword tamer today as he spawned. That was a little bit fun. Make more farmable/rewarding to kill bosses on the map please.

This was posted about someone killing a world boss on Dreamweaver, I killed this boss straight after reset and would normally expect it to respawn in 2 more days. I also spoke to a faction mate that said there were squads being formed to kill them earlier so was wondering if anyone could confirm this as I wasn't on at the time.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What boss was it?

There was a lot fewer WB hunting squads cause of the late maint and vaccations, so maybe a boss wasn't killed at usually maint time..

I didn't check bosses after I killed the ones in old HT.
    I was 40 mins late to kill because of work, so I assumed they were all dead :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeiLilana - Dreamweaver
    MeiLilana - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What boss was it?

There was a lot fewer WB hunting squads cause of the late maint and vaccations, so maybe a boss wasn't killed at usually maint time..

I didn't check bosses after I killed the ones in old HT.
    I was 40 mins late to kill because of work, so I assumed they were all dead :p

He said Sword Tamer, and he said he killed it straight after maint so it wasn't left over. All the bosses except on the main map were killed right after maint, as soon as we could get to them anyway. So, I am still wondering about the respawn times on these as well as the mini bosses because those don't seem to be the normal times either. I'm wondering if the times got switched around somehow. Hope someone else sees this and will answer with more info as I bump it up.
    You read my signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was in a squad that killed a dozen WB after maintenance one after the other. When I checked this morning, I heard one boss had been killed and no sight of the rest, then shadow doll appeared and that was the last boss I heard that spawned. We had a dozen people camping the spawn sites at the 96 hour mark and Shadow Doll was the only one I heard someone see spawn. The boss that had been sited and killed before I logged, had been seen 20 min before the 96 hours mark. So the boss was there at least 20 min before the estimated respawn of 96 hours. The rest of the bosses like I said, never respawned at the 96 hour mark, except Shadow Doll which respawned close to its expected time.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    world bosses spawn after every maint,and 4 days later[sunday]same time they was killed after maint.b:sadb:victory
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    world bosses spawn after every maint,and 4 days later[sunday]same time they was killed after maint.b:sadb:victory

Didn't go that way today. Today is [Sunday.] Bosses didn't check in at same time they were killed [Wednesday.] At least it didn't happen this week on Raging Tides server the way in which you describe it .
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2013

this was not even fully correct before this weeks update, and it is not correct currently, very few bosses followed the previous model
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    this was not even fully correct before this weeks update, and it is not correct currently, very few bosses followed the previous model

Almost correct, most had a spawn time of 96 hours with some being an hour earlier and some a little later. The problem with this is that if you learnt the spawn times of each boss you could hold a monopoloy on these each week.

The bosses used to spawn every 24 hours rather than 96, I haven't be on this week due to a big storm so I can't confirm if it is back to this or if there is a completely different timer in place.

I am sure however that my initial question wont be completely answered on here as the world boss farmers will likely keep their secrets. If the spawn times are spread across times more then it is not a completely bad thing as more people would have the chance to see them. It is good to see a faction was able to kill one a few days ago.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2013
    it wasn't almost correct, it was completely correct,

i farmed them a lot when they were 24hour, before it was 5.0 farming back in the day..anyway

chrono maps are same as it was before this patch, doll is as it was, ton seemed to be 24, broad was as before, had at least 6 others well camped and didnt respawn today-esp the 23 hour/easy ones
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    summary: its a giant mess now :)
    i wonder if this undocumented change was intended or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    summary: its a giant mess now :)
    i wonder if this undocumented change was intended or not.

This "mess" you are talking about is quiet good, so noone knows when a boss spawns.
    Gives other ppl the chance to kill them too and not just some groups who camp there and kill it within 5 mins.

Hope this change will never be changed again b:thanks
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2013
    This "mess" you are talking about is quiet good, so noone knows when a boss spawns.
    Gives other ppl the chance to kill them too and not just some groups who camp there and kill it within 5 mins.

Hope this change will never be changed again b:thanks

yah for 2-3 weeks, then the only people that know the respawn will be the big campers since itll be even more complicated than before, spread out the times more and the big campers wont miss a boss due to lag or 1 dd not being there for a change, thanks pwib:laugh

bad logic is bad Deadalus, just think how easy (before this patch) it was to snatch a boss after maint (when they respawned mainly in 2 groups) vs how easy it was for a group to get 90% of bosses on sunday when times get spread out
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    yah for 2-3 weeks, then the only people that know the respawn will be the big campers since itll be even more complicated than before, spread out the times more and the big campers wont miss a boss due to lag or 1 dd not being there for a change, thanks pwib:laugh

bad logic is bad Deadalus, just think how easy (before this patch) it was to snatch a boss after maint (when they respawned mainly in 2 groups) vs how easy it was for a group to get 90% of bosses on sunday when times get spread out

^this.

we will get even richer now :) by "mess" i mean the fact that a few kept the old times and a few have new times. i can just believe something went totally wrong.

and Daeda, those groups you talk about dont kill a boss in 5 minutes. give it 1-2 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who knows though, maybe there's some randomness now? Doubt it though.

WBs spawn too late for me so idc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html