Have to start client from the patcher every time now?

Options
Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Support Desk
So 4 years ago I made a shortcut to elementclient.exe and have always started pwi using this shortcut to avoid the annoying patcher (just ran the patcher once a week to update the game after maint).. but this latest patch seems to have changed that. Now when I click on my shortcut it pulls up the patcher and I have to launch the first instance of the game using the patcher start button.. and then any additional instances of the client I can use my old shortcut. It isn't a HUGE deal.. but it seems a little unnecessary to waste 17 seconds of my life every single time I open this game because the patcher is doing its thing.. and some settings (like graphic settings as well as remapped hotkeys) are not the same when the game is launched through the patcher as they are when I open the additional client instances using a shortcut. So my questions are really just if anybody else noticed this, and if anyone has found a way around it :/
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well when anyone tries to START the game directly through elementclient it redirects to patcher however when i try to the open a 2nd client it opens up directly without any issue or redirecting itself to the patcher or launcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well when anyone tries to START the game directly through elementclient it redirects to patcher however when i try to the open a 2nd client it opens up directly without any issue or redirecting itself to the patcher or launcher.

Same here, not sure what changed, but 17 sec isn't that big a deal. ^^
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I did get a heart attack few a few seconds but yeah that's how it works now.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It kind of is a big deal when you can't play the game because you're not the administrator of the computer and you don't know the password b:surrender
  • Farnstoll - Dreamweaver
    Farnstoll - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It is also a big deal, when as a Linux gamer, since the Sirens of War update, I cannot run both the patcher and the game with the same system setup. So, requiring to launch the very first game instance via patcher means I cannot launch at all.

Thank you PWI.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It is also a big deal, when as a Linux gamer, since the Sirens of War update, I cannot run both the patcher and the game with the same system setup. So, requiring to launch the very first game instance via patcher means I cannot launch at all.

Thank you PWI.
    This is why running software on a system that is completely un-supported is typically more of a headache than it's worth. Ever since the graphical updates with Sirens of War, it's been more and more difficult to run on Linux and Mac.

You take that into account when you make the choice to follow this path. And when an update makes a change that prevents it from working, you either grind away to find a workaround, you give in and play on the OS it was designed for, or you give up and go away.

I'm a heavy Linux supporter. It's my preferred OS. My main OS is still Windows though, because to do otherwise is similar to shooting myself in the foot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]