Guild Management Optimized

Options
paralleogram
paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Per the patch notes:
Guild Management optimized:
When a member's Faction Contribution reaches 5,000, if they are kicked out by the faction leader, the system will keep them in-faction for 72 hours. In this period, they can still finish quests from the faction base, and exchange materials by using contribution.

This is a terrible idea. Usually if a faction leader removes someone from the guild it is due to inactivity, or they are being disruptive to the guild. The game is now allowing disruptive people to continue to stay in a guild where they are no longer wanted for an additional 3 days and take up space?

who thought of this idea? and why is pwi implementing anything regarding guild bases since they are pointless. Guild bases are useless. We were given no information about them to begin with and are now stuck with the base the way it was leveled because the population was never told that any upgrades are permanent.

honestly.... very stupid idea.
Here we go again....
Post edited by paralleogram on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

who thought of this idea? and why is pwi implementing anything regarding guild bases since they are pointless. Guild bases are useless. We were given no information about them to begin with and are now stuck with the base the way it was leveled because the population was never told that any upgrades are permanent.
    Guild bases are useless.
    Guild bases are useless.

Nope.avi b:surrender

Guild bases:
    -give pots that can be used in TW (PanGu's Essence = op)
    - give exp and spirit for doing quests
    -FREE arrows/bolts/shots that are better than the ones in the NPC Blacksmith
    -charms specific to classes so they can become stronger in fights
    - through trials you gain rank 8 mats

I could say more, but no, bases aren't useless. I havent spent a penny on ammo since my faction got their base.

ANyway, Im guessing the system for ejecting people with 5k points will stop them from talking in faction chat and remove their logo. They will only be listed in the faction roster.f:shame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • paralleogram
    edited June 2013
    Options
    no one does trials anymore, no one goes for r8. its either nv or r9.

pots: unless your faction base was created perfectly... you are screwed. Again, you can't reset anything after it's built. Ever.

Wow---- not useless for Ammo. GG

Guild Bases are useless.
    Here we go again....
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

ANyway, Im guessing the system for ejecting people with 5k points will stop them from talking in faction chat and remove their logo. They will only be listed in the faction roster.f:shame

No, there's just a system message that pops up for everyone in guild to see, but the person being "ejected" can still talk in faction chat, use the GB, etc. No change other than their name in the guild list becomes red.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • paralleogram
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No, there's just a system message that pops up for everyone in guild to see, but the person being "ejected" can still talk in faction chat, use the GB, etc. No change other than their name in the guild list becomes red.

Wow .... they really put alot of thought into this, didn't they.
    Here we go again....
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Faction structures can be deconstructed and new structures reestablished by your faction leader.

You say (falsely) that the bases are useless because of the inability to re-customize your faction's structure decisions. Even if that were true, that would only make them undesirable in a situation where your faction leader made horrible and uninformed choices.

Your statements about faction bases have little to do with the new update you're complaining about, and I am going to assume you are not a base owning faction leader (and have not actually tested how this implementation functions); because if you are, and you didn't know any of this already, then you're an idiot.

Good Day,
    -Kniraven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Faction structures can be deconstructed and new structures reestablished by your faction leader.

You say (falsely) that the bases are useless because of the inability to re-customize your faction's structure decisions. Even if that were true, that would only make them undesirable in a situation where your faction leader made horrible and uninformed choices.

Your statements about faction bases have little to do with the new update you're complaining about, and I am going to assume you are not a base owning faction leader (and have not actually tested how this implementation functions); because if you are, and you didn't know any of this already, then you're an idiot.

Good Day,
    -Kniraven

you CANNOT deconstruct a monolith in 1 wing and get your tech points back to create a different monolith in another. You can deconstruct a monolith to get your mats back. That is it. this has been confirmed by GMs via support ticket.

How do you think the information about wings/tech points was obtained? Someone had to test it out... someone had to make misinformed decisions--- because no information was available when bases were released. b:bye
    Here we go again....
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I havent been back ingame yet, but ty for the info :)

also +1 to Kniraven

Sweetiebot, give 10 points to Kniraven - Lost City please :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot, give 10 points to Kniraven - Lost City please :)
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver awards 10 points to Kniraven - Lost City!
    Kniraven - Lost City is now in 3rd place for June 2013 with 10 points (60 points overall).
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have to admit I agree it is stupid to let people continue to use fac chat, at the very least. A lot of people are very immature and would probably spam chat after the "kicking" for the remaining time they are there just to be vindictive.

If they are going to allow people to stay after being kicked, they should revamp it so that they can't use chat at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    How do you think the information about wings/tech points was obtained? Someone had to test it out... someone had to make misinformed decisions--- because no information was available when bases were released. b:bye

Or you could y'know, look up everything on pwdatabase. That's where I got most of my info when deciding on a base leveling plan. It's impressive how much easier things get when you stop and look them up.

Having said that, even the most horribly leveled base would have utility at base level 30. About the worst you could do would be pumping everything into monolith and justice with armory taking everything remaining, but that would require a supreme level of idiocy to do, far beyond my ability to attempt to rationalize with.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If it's not in our version already the ability to downgrade structures and get back tech points is on the way. They added it to PWCN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If it's not in our version already the ability to downgrade structures and get back tech points is on the way. They added it to PWCN.

That would be nice, I'll admit. It'd allow some flexibility, such as upgrading monolith to L8 only until max level, then dropping it for another structure.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I do not think it was a good idea on their part for letting someone stay in the guild as a "Red" name for 72 hours before they have been booted.

If they were booted for a reason, all punishing side effects should just be applied.

Now if somone was accidentally or by mistake, etc...booted, then they should have made the system keep track of their points so, as long as they had not joined another guild, when they get reinvited back they would get their points back as well.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    edited June 2013
    Options

Do you know when it was added?
    Here we go again....