Purify Question. No really...

Options
MagicEmpress - Lost City
MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
I really didn't want to start another purify thread but my embedded question about purify can't be answered since the other thread was locked. b:shutup

This is what I asked:
====================================================
My next goal is my R9 3rd cast weapon and I had some questions about purify.

Does it work PvE too?
Even frog transform and the like?

Does it remove genie skill debuffs too? Even Occult Ice?

I really want to know and am not trolling. b:surrender
Post edited by MagicEmpress - Lost City on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I really didn't want to start another purify thread but my embedded question about purify can't be answered since the other thread was locked. b:shutup

This is what I asked:
    My next goal is my R9 3rd cast weapon and I had some questions about purify.

Does it work PvE too?
    Even frog transform and the like?

Does it remove genie skill debuffs too? Even Occult Ice?

I really want to know and am not trolling. b:surrender

yes to all
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    yes to all

Awesome!

I don't suppose it protects against debuffs from those annoying Venos too?
    b:chuckle
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Awesome!

I don't suppose it protects against debuffs from those annoying Venos too?
    b:chuckle

Protects no, it does what it implies and more, it PURIFIES.
    And then you have 6 second (i thought it was 6 second) of 15m/s and anti-movement debuff, which can be purged but you should be able to run away by the time they can.

It purifies debuffs, it doesn't prevent it (apart from when it procs it will give you protection vs movement debuffs)
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Protects no, it does what it implies and more, it PURIFIES.
    And then you have 6 second (i thought it was 6 second) of 15m/s and anti-movement debuff, which can be purged but you should be able to run away by the time they can.

It purifies debuffs, it doesn't prevent it (apart from when it procs it will give you protection vs movement debuffs)

This.

casters usually (r9rr ones) have a huge cross in their yard with his/her purify weapon on it to praise it like a god, because its so OP and they need it that badly (like some very religious people) and cant survive without anymore.

Someone need to draw this.. b:laugh
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Since the other threads are closed, gotta complain here lol: Purify is a ridiculous skill b:nosebleed
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It's not an immunity shell, meaning it doesn't prevent debuffs and the such. It's a Purify Spell. Which implies it purifies, which defined from the Cleric skill Purify, "Removes all negative effects on one friendly target", where the friendly target is oneself. The extra things that come with the Purify Spell as a weapon proc is increased speed (15 m/s) and a movement immunity buff. These last 5 seconds.

The same rules of the Cleric's purify skill apply to the Purify Spell as well, meaning some things, such as the Cleric's skill Seal of the Gods, cannot be purified.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    It's not an immunity shell, meaning it doesn't prevent debuffs and the such. It's a Purify Spell. Which implies it purifies, which defined from the Cleric skill Purify, "Removes all negative effects on one friendly target", where the friendly target is oneself. The extra things that come with the Purify Spell as a weapon proc is increased speed (15 m/s) and a movement immunity buff. These last 5 seconds.

The same rules of the Cleric's purify skill apply to the Purify Spell as well, meaning some things, such as the Cleric's skill Seal of the Gods, cannot be purified.

same as clerics purify it doesn't purify following statuses:

soul burn, seal of god, mortal revertion and some more
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yesterday i had some caster pull full earth pav.....
    I lose my job to those casters with that damn purify b:angry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik b:chuckle

Pretty much any1 who has decked out gear can pull, and referring to an arcane, with 5k hp and purify spell IT won`t get the job done anyway!
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Purify does not grant immunity to damage taken. The target can still die, so learn to adapt and work around Purify, like many of us already have.

Here's one for the qq'ers. Stop relying on a stun to kill shet. b:bye
  • lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Posts: 17
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The speed boost is not a Holy-Path.. i.e. not 15m/s unless as a caster you somehow have a base speed of 7.5 m/s as it's only 200% increase in speed like a charger orb.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lobsterboy wrote: »
    The speed boost is not a Holy-Path.. i.e. not 15m/s unless as a caster you somehow have a base speed of 7.5 m/s as it's only 200% increase in speed like a charger orb.

Unless you have speed debuffs on you (i.e. carrying a flag in NW), it will increase your speed to 15 m/s because of the way the Charger Orb works.

It's a textual description error, as the "increase base speed by 200%" actually means "adds an additional 200% base speed to your current", because the current description would mean that your speed doubles, but in fact when you use a Charger Orb, it increases your speed to the max limit of 15 m/s due to the fact that all characters with R9r2 will have at least a 5.0 m/s base speed.

It's along the same lines of understanding what the Assassin's Chill of the Deep skill does to your attack rating. "Decreases your attack rate by 100%" would make you think that your attack rate drops to 0, but it instead cuts it in half. The same can be applied to the Charger Orb description as well.
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »

Didn't it also add a free Faith?
    Meaning it does prevent debuffs and the such.

It also procs twice as often as r8r version?
    Yes, the many pages long thread about it was there for a reason.
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    dogm wrote: »
    Didn't it also add a free Faith?
    Meaning it does prevent debuffs and the such.

It also procs twice as often as r8r version?
    Yes, the many pages long thread about it was there for a reason.

Purify Spell and Faith both purify most debuffs (except soulburn, Seal of the God, Diminished Vigor, etc). However, they are different in that while Purify prevents movement debuffs (stun, freeze), Faith blocks ALL debuffs for the 5 or 6 seconds after it procs.

Yes. Rank 9 3rd cast Purify is actually called purify, while the r8r version is purify2 in the server mainframe. My friend has... acquired information directly from the source code of a server, and he can confirm that r8r purify works about half the time. I believe the proc rate for r9s3 was 14.5%, though I'd have to check.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Reply to poster.. I get stuck in Occult ice I don't think my weapon can save me out of that stun lock.

Reply to HrunsPanda: Lawl.b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol...is it 14% really?

Stun arrow has 10% chance to fail on top of that. ~22% chance you don't stun a caster!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yesterday i had some caster pull full earth pav.....
    I lose my job to those casters with that damn purify b:angry

you lost that ages ago when sin and 5aps become the main factor for agro

dont blame this on purify
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    you lost that ages ago when sin and 5aps become the main factor for agro

dont blame this on purify

Thats when i lost my job to tank single targets.*

Now i lost my job to pull masses of tricky stunning and slowing mobs.

It least i can go APS myself and "solve" that problem. Unfortunately i cannot wear a purify weapon :(

*Although actually i have revised my view on this. Before level 100 i was used to having agro 100% of the time and considered it fail if i did not. Now i get to play with it. I can bulid some chi as long as the DD is fine having agro. Then quickly take agro again if his HPs are going down. Try to keep chi at hand to take agro and invoke if boss goes frenzy. It actually got a bit more interesting unless the DD is strong enough to solo the boss.