PW: Rising Call Content Update

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got it. I'll be ready right after the maint is done f:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope it's a cute one!

I hope it's worth something to an NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This should be interesting. I wonder what the "helicopter 80" is? lol b:laugh

b:bye
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty much done with nw till they make it svs

they should definitely do something about NW

and with this im not thinking about new map because it wont change anything

number of players doing NW on DW server is really sad

every weekend 680-750 players participating (including bunch of them are alts)

there are rare wars you fight 20vs20 (ofc you can find some but there is way to many empty territories - not everyone is gonna run to build their own score)

they should make it server vs server or reduce territories like it was in start
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2013

As per usual, I did download and install this patch on one of my machines. It brings something new that all other patches haven't done in the past. After installing, all access to elementclient.exe redirect to the launcher.

Is this a mistake on my end, or have they stopped multi-clienting by redirecting? It may get all fixed up after the server's go live with this patch, but I don't understand why that would be needed to get access to the client... From my understanding, it would only be an issue if I were to attempt logging into the game.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As per usual, I did download and install this patch on one of my machines. It brings something new that all other patches haven't done in the past. After installing, all access to elementclient.exe redirect to the launcher.

Is this a mistake on my end, or have they stopped multi-clienting by redirecting? It may get all fixed up after the server's go live with this patch, but I don't understand why that would be needed to get access to the client... From my understanding, it would only be an issue if I were to attempt logging into the game.

From my understanding you applied the patch after you downloaded it? If that is the case you won't be able to play until the update goes live in around 11-13 hours. You can download it all day, but if you apply it, you can't log on until the patch is live.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From my understanding you applied the patch after you downloaded it? If that is the case you won't be able to play until the update goes live in around 11-13 hours. You can download it all day, but if you apply it, you can't log on until the patch is live.

Irrelevant.

If you read what I stated, this has nothing to do with being able to log into the game. The client can't be accessed after the patch at all. Attempting to load elementclient.exe redirects to PWE's patcher, which then verifies if you are running on the correct version.

All patches prior to this allowed you to access elementclient.exe, bring up the log-in screen, but unable to log in due to the latest patch not being live on the server.

Again, I ask. Is this on my end, or a new method of stopping multi-clienting? I also can verify this on a second machine now, so it's looking less likely on my end.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Irrelevant.

If you read what I stated, this has nothing to do with being able to log into the game. The client can't be accessed after the patch at all. Attempting to load elementclient.exe redirects to PWE's patcher, which then verifies if you are running on the correct version.

All patches prior to this allowed you to access elementclient.exe, bring up the log-in screen, but unable to log in due to the latest patch not being live on the server.

Again, I ask. Is this on my end, or a new method of stopping multi-clienting? I also can verify this on a second machine now, so it's looking less likely on my end.

Unless they are changing the rules, I would have no clue why you wouldn't be able to bring up a 2nd client. The only issue that I have had that was remotely close was when i would open the elementclient.exe it would bring it up on running processes, but nothing would pop up. Then if you brought up the patcher, it would say that I already had a client running.

I guess the only thing you can do is wait and see later on if when it goes live it fixes it.
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Irrelevant.

I was wondering if we were going to get that. The PWCN client was changed to do this a while ago but I didn't think they'd bring it here. You can probably still multiclient by logging into windows as a different user but switching between clients will be slow.

The QQ on this is going to be amusing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I was wondering if we were going to get that. The PWCN client was changed to do this a while ago but I didn't think they'd bring it here. You can probably still multiclient by logging into windows as a different user but switching between clients will be slow.

Oh wow....
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

Uh oh..this is bad.
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013

As someone that regularly opens 2 clients and levels 2 characters at once... I can deal.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    As someone that regularly opens 2 clients and levels 2 characters at once... I can deal.

Leveling 2 chars at once is pretty simple compared to farming TT or Lunar where you need to switch clients fast to heal, debuff, and combo your skills right to live. Like Aster said, there is going to be a HUGE QQ on this.

Granted it would cut down the alts in NW, other than that, it will be a complete and utter fail, and I can see people leaving the game due to it.
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Leveling 2 chars at once is pretty simple compared to farming TT or Lunar where you need to switch clients fast to heal, debuff, and combo your skills right to live. Like Aster said, there is going to be a HUGE QQ on this.

Granted it would cut down the alts in NW, other than that, it will be a complete and utter fail, and I can see people leaving the game due to it.

Agreed.
    It helps with NW but it ruins almost everything else.
    I don't know about people leaving but...yeah. People won't be happy and I'm one of them.
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ah, true. I can just imagine multitasking on that scale and how insane it would be. b:shocked
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh yikes. I don't think I like it either.
    I usually have a shop up while I'm doing other things on another toon. Either that or duo an instance with a friend of mine and our alts...

Meep.

f:shame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it time to QQ?

just say when i prepared my fake tears
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Is it time to QQ?

just say when i prepared my fake tears

Just wait until tomorrow when they announce that there will be 2x with this. Then you can shed your tears.
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone best start looking into editing the code to come out with a user-made patch for this. Not everyone has an OP-as-**** sin to solo farm with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone best start looking into editing the code to come out with a user-made patch for this. Not everyone has an OP-as-**** sin to solo farm with.

^WTB mod for this bs...
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does this mean i have to use vmware, and run my other clients there? you got to be kidding lmao.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed.
    It helps with NW but it ruins almost everything else.
    I don't know about people leaving but...yeah. People won't be happy and I'm one of them.

Indeed!
    Though, I think there are a small but still significant amount of people who might leave over this.
    Personally I'm not going to worry about it until after the official launch and I've tested it myself. Sometimes my computer has trouble launching from the .exe randomly and inexplicably.

Maybe we could get some official Val-type conformation on this?b:question
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

Maybe we could get some official Val-type conformation on this?b:question

Would be nice b:surrender

I'll also wait until the update before I start panicking but we do tend to receive almost everything that PWCN gets on updates like these so I am a little worried.
  • nixop
    edited June 2013
    i cannot say i will like it but if it happens il be happy about 1 thing

people that manipulate prices on event items in their catshops

those people have 2-4 catshops open day and night

this would actually be a great thing for market and balancing prices out
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nixop wrote: »
    i cannot say i will like it but if it happens il be happy about 1 thing

people that manipulate prices on event items in their catshops

those people have 2-4 catshops open day and night

this would actually be a great thing for market and balancing prices out

Those who don't cash shop would leave sooner or later since they wouldn't be able to earn enough money
  • DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man if they do make dual clienting difficult I can see quite a few leaving the game, eek cannot wait to see the b:cry over this, may be the last straw for quite a lot b:sad
  • nixop
    edited June 2013
    Those who don't cash shop would leave sooner or later since they wouldn't be able to earn enough money

they would still be able to merchant,just on 1 client (and also they can always farm to make money)

how much is that "enough money"? that is called GREED

i would be happy to see them leave...at least farmers and cashplayers could buy gems and pack stuff for decent prices
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nixop wrote: »
    i would be happy to see them leave...at least farmers and cashplayers could buy gems and pack stuff for decent prices

Pretty sure this will mostly affect farmers more than anything. It's not hard to multi shops on multiple user accounts on your comp, but it will be hard if you multi-client to farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute