Your ideal squads and why

Options
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Coming from a barb main, what's your ideal squad?

My squad is

BM, Wiz, Cleric, Sin, Seeker, Archer.

That's because of taking advantage DPH and DPS when the seeker is the main tank, cleric is the main healer, archer is the main AOE DD, sin is the single target DD, wiz is the backup DD/healer, BM does debuffs and backup tank/DD.
Sage barb in progress.
Post edited by Chuck_smith - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    it really depends on instance.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It really does depend on the instance. However, I'll give you the slightest depth:

Barb (Myself), Cleric, BladeMaster, Assassin, Archer, Venomancer.

Like Venos for Amp & Sparks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Depends on the instance but usually I don`t really care who joins as long as many debuffs can be provided as possible!
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Depends on the instance but usually I don`t really care who joins as long as many debuffs can be provided as possible!

That's exactly what I meant, especially when the seeker as a main tank is debuffed, QPQ f:laugh
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Barb and cleric and obviously myself is just automatic. The remaining slots can be any class that isn't a barb or cleric.
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All clerics. f:kiss
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hmm, the closest I've came to an all same class squad was 3 seekers.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That's exactly what I meant, especially when the seeker as a main tank is debuffed, QPQ f:laugh

Or my zerk crits b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Friends. That's what my ideal squad consists of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    6-player Squad
    Seeker (Shatters, Def/Atk Lv (de)buffs, good AoE Damage)
    Wizard (Undine, AoE Damage )
    Psychic (Magic DPS, AoE Damage, additional crowd control)
    BM (HF, GS, general crowd control, decent AoE/DPS)
    Venomancer (Amp, Purge, Magic/Pdef Break, Sparks)
    Cleric/Mystic (healing, buffs, Invigorate for the latter)

...Everything burns~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Yep, best combination f:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    it really depends on instance.

These.

But in general, BM, Sin, Veno, Seeker, Cleric, and a second BM. Barb outside of squad or aps barb instead of second bm.

The better my gear gets the more I prefer doing pulls on my bm. Marrows are just too awesome and even though my BM has half the hp of my barb with marrows I take half the damage and with my aoe stuns and leaps I take even less. Invoke is great, but as long as I have bp damage isn't really an issue and BM aoes are much more effective and spammable than most barb aoes (after sunder+arma). BMs really are the ideal puller imo.

Obviously, between 2 BMs and a seeker mobs will be mowed down. We lack magic dd, but theres only 1 instance (AEU) where that'd be an issue and my BM with DBB can still take out a chunk of hp rivaling a G15 wizard, same with sins and Condensed Thorn, and we still have the veno.

So that leaves bosses. BM (HF), Veno (Soul Degen, Amp, and Armor Break), a well built seeker for about -50 boss defense level debuffs, and demon Subsea would just be too OP. Timed correctly a squad like this can knock out a world boss in a spark or two (12-20 seconds for 23m hp). Most squads only difficult parts are when bosses do their special attacks and so if you kill a boss in 6 seconds you never need to face a special attack.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    10 man squad:

nine APS sins

me with my TT90 armor

/thread.

xDD jk
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    People who co-operate and play their characters well.
    That is the perfect squad :3
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Friends/anyone I know I can trust for them to do what 'should' be done to make the run as smooth as possible.

and while it does depend on the instance...

I think me on my Bm, a mystic, seeker, sin, cleric, + veno. = Very fast instances/kills regardless of the place. (again as long as they know what they are doing... that is my ideal squad... could even switch out that cleric for a psychic, depending on the mystic)

EDIT.. but yea I rarely am picky regardless of what instance it is, i'll take anyone if I know one person can pull/tank/do what the squad essentially needs at the time.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Any squad where ppl know their stuff and squad gets the job done, no matter what classes are there. More exotic more better.

Kitty said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Any squad where ppl know their stuff and squad gets the job done, no matter what classes are there. More exotic more better.

Kitty said.
    People who co-operate and play their characters well.
    That is the perfect squad :3

This.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    A combo which has worked wonders for me in Delta - Spawn Point:

Cleric, Seeker, Mystic, Veno, BM (+1)(sin / barb preferred)
  • Aquiminthe - Sanctuary
    Aquiminthe - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

^- This.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I was really surprised that people were choosing wizard until I realized they're thinking pvp.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If i could decide ....

Barb - because i prefer safety :)
    Cleric - Guess why lol
    Mystic - Awesome damage even to ? bosses and ability to backup heal
    BM - stun and HF saved my as.s. so may times ... and APS
    Sin - Debuff and APS
    Archer - Because debuff, aps AND AoEing and for looking good b:laugh

If not archer, seeker for debuff and AoE or wizzie because they just rock everywhere xD
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Honestly, any group that has friendly and cooperative people who play to have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    for tw: 2/3 bms, 1/2 wizard or psyc, veno, cleric, barb, seeker, mistyc.

TT: bm + sin

nirvana: bm + sin

bh: bm + sin + cleric

PK: r9rr +12 full jods ppl :P

NW: idk i got many diferent squad and with one op squad we failed, and with another oen that was average squad we ruled..sooo idk... but i would say, 2 clerics and a seeker and r9rr mages.

Rebirth: cleric+seeker+sin+bm+wizard

Farming dq items: bm

WS: bm+cleric+2mages(wizard/psyc)//can be one mage one seeker+sin+veno
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    for tw: 2/3 bms, 1/2 wizard or psyc, veno, cleric, barb, seeker, mistyc.

TT: bm + sin

nirvana: bm + sin

bh: bm + sin + cleric

PK: r9rr +12 full jods ppl :P

NW: idk i got many diferent squad and with one op squad we failed, and with another oen that was average squad we ruled..sooo idk... but i would say, 2 clerics and a seeker and r9rr mages.

Rebirth: cleric+seeker+sin+bm+wizard

Farming dq items: bm

WS: bm+cleric+2mages(wizard/psyc)//can be one mage one seeker+sin+veno

Suggested modifications:

PK: BM+veno+cleric is arguably one of the strongest 3 man units possible; add in a barb for strongest 4 man unit (assuming no external buffing); strong 2 man units include psy + wiz; wiz+wiz, seeker + archer; cleric + archer; barb + bm; cleric + cleric, bm + veno (anything where you have really complimentary debuffs)

NW: 2/3 venos, cleric, mystic, bm, barb, 1/2 archer, sin, psy/wizard; mages scare me much less than purgers, and I think any other habitual flag carriers would agree

Rebirth: seeker + sin + cleric, or if the seeker is unusually OP, just seeker + sin

farming dq: barb or bm (barb speed and many aoes + modern dmg = just as fast or faster than bm)

warsong: any combination where bosses die in 1 spark is workable: suggest barb buff outside, then: sin, cleric, 2 bms, veno, other
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    6 people who aren't idiots
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    6 people who aren't idiots

Ideal squad makeup will only take you so far. Presumably with friends you are more open with each other, more open to good communication, more likely to be on vent and communicating in a way that a random squad of ideal makeup will not be. Thus there is quite a bit of truth to 'friends' making for a great squad. An imperfect squad communicating well will often trounce an ideal squad that isn't communicating. And btw, you can't include yourself among the 6 ppl who 'aren't idiots' because you had nothing useful to say either.

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ideal squad makeup will only take you so far. Presumably with friends you are more open with each other, more open to good communication, more likely to be on vent and communicating in a way that a random squad of ideal makeup will not be. Thus there is quite a bit of truth to 'friends' making for a great squad. An imperfect squad communicating well will often trounce an ideal squad that isn't communicating. And btw, you can't include yourself among the 6 ppl who 'aren't idiots' because you had nothing useful to say either.

Cheers,

Aeliah

Your trying waaaay to hard
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ambiguity - Raging Tide
    Ambiguity - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Give me a tanky thing and a healy thing and I could care less about what else is in my squad xD As long as I have a reliable tank and healer, I don't even bother asking for class half the time in world chat anymore- I've started asking random questions like favorite color or type of pie instead lol (sadly, 95% of people still insist on telling me their class/linking weapons/etc.)