PWI: Rising Call - Questions and Answers! [2013-06-12]

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One question to ask V4l, By revamped high level dungeons is there anything you are doing to revive nirvana from what Nation War did to it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only dungeon that needs "revamping" or "updating" is nirvana; an update to make it not obsolete. We don't need more changes to already existing bosses or the addition of new, much harder than average bosses for simple things like BH. Not everyone is r999 +12.
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    probably it's the gem combining system for +2 attack stones

Hmmm...could be but I'd like to see something more "skill based".
    The potential to better what skills we have would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm so excited!! f:victory
    My speculations for the content update were correct! I'll be done with my exams by the time it goes live too, so that's the best part of all! I get to finish my exams and then get right into the new stuff f:cute

Questions!!!
    - Are you guys going to post some information and guidelines on the new pet system?
    I'm sure we're going to need it; even if it's not very detailed but at least something to give players to work with and help them figure out how things work.

- Any word on possible new time slots for NW? That issue with a lot of people being unable to participate in NW :(

- Same question as Kris; is there anything for the lower level content?

We'll have some guidelines for the new pet system up before live launch on our news page, and I'll do my best to answer questions about it then!

But it'll be a fairly straightforward system, and hopefully quite fun!

Regarding NW time slots, we're still in the process of working with the devs to get these implemented, unfortunately. So no new time slots yet.

- Val
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm...could be but I'd like to see something more "skill based".
    The potential to better what skills we have would be great.

well, after a quick search I found that the meridian system is about qi/chi points in the body so I guess it could be some sort of pvp revamb where you get more bonuses if you do some special targeting that would require skill instead of tab-oneshotting. sounds too good to be true though. another idea is a pve revamp where bosses acquire more points you can hit (possibly a series of debuffs that may require coordination), drastically improving the (not longer) single target dps of aoe/caster classes.

venomszsz wrote: »
    damn PWI, all we need is rebalance skill... new classes is OP! dont u know it? we, peps who play old-school class kinda bored with it... sin? seeker? psy? damn it!

that would make sense if the content update introduced new classes instead of changing (balancing?) skills of old classes
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only dungeon that needs "revamping" or "updating" is nirvana; an update to make it not obsolete. We don't need more changes to already existing bosses or the addition of new, much harder than average bosses for simple things like BH. Not everyone is r999 +12.

+ 1 exactly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • Venushin - Harshlands
    Venushin - Harshlands Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That seems awesome. I can't wait to know more about new pet system and gears. Also more NW on different time would be interesting.
    "He who laughs last... is lagged!"
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b:surrender

Ok seriously-will you stop messing with mystic plant skills and make it not herp derp? Also please fix the "killed though IG/AD" stuff its making NW unbearable.

All in all Im very excited-cant wait for the newest EG flyer (BLLLIIIMPPSS)
  • v4liance
    edited June 2013
    Will this new content update make the game compatible with Windows 8?

PWI should be compatible with windows 8. If you're having any issues, please be sure to submit a ticket to our support team.
    One question to ask V4l, By revamped high level dungeons is there anything you are doing to revive nirvana from what Nation War did to it?

We're always looking for ways to revitalized our dungeons, but Nirvana isn't on the list this time.

- Val
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why do people still ask these questions?
    Answer to 1, 3, 4 is No. Answer to 2 is Yes, but only new map for NW.

Get ready for a flood of updates, as Rising Call will include:

- Expanded Nation Wars Regional Map
    - Two new Nation Wars battlefield maps
    - New Venomancer Pets
    - New Venomancer Evolution system

- Updated and revamped high level instances
    - The powerful and potent Meridian System
    - New quests
    - New equipment
    - And more!

It would seem that question #3 is actually a "yes". b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are there any new instances? Like completely new non-recycled ones?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    PWI should be compatible with windows 8. If you're having any issues, please be sure to submit a ticket to our support team.

We're always looking for ways to revitalized our dungeons, but Nirvana isn't on the list this time.

- Val

caster nirvy? b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • holymuffdiver
    holymuffdiver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +2 atk lvls should have never be realeased.. yay for more ppl getting one shot
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To V4l- Actually though, after re-reading the post will we finally get the nice textures for the "Dynasty" armor that China has? I fell in love with those looks and would gladly drop money if I didn't look like some washed up PvE Morai armor wearer.b:cute
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope the game won't be so filled with lag when I install it on my new computer, right now arc is failing me f:sweat
    Sage barb in progress.
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the Pwi Team Is Proud To Announce Our Latest Content Update, Pwi: Rising Call! From An Expanded Nation Wars With All New Battlefields, To New Venomancer Pets, New Quests, And New Ways To Power Up, The Rising Call Of The Sirens Of War Has Reached A Fevered Pitch, And The Fate Of Perfect World Once Again Lies In Your Hands!

Get Ready For A Flood Of Updates, As Rising Call Will Include:

- Expanded Nation Wars Regional Map
    - Two New Nation Wars Battlefield Maps
    - New Venomancer Pets
    - New Venomancer Evolution System
    - Updated And Revamped High Level Instances
    - The Powerful And Potent Meridian System
    - New Quests
    - new Equipment
    - And More!

ka-Ching !!

are +2 Atk Lvl Stones Included In The Expansion?
    yep.

ka-Ching !!
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    So... I've heard mixed reviews about the new pet system. Some are saying that a veno's pets' stats will now be based on their own stats and gear, much like the Mystics' summers are. Is that true? Because if so... those of us who can't afford R9 will most likely quit our venos. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pulpit
    pulpit Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will you be able to exp cube pets like genies ? or spend exp/spirit to inc their levels ?
    and what about feeding, i.e some new pets that don't require food or have pets that have land/sea/air capabilities like mystic pets?
    and when are you going to allow pets to evolve ie rank 1-16 pets like weapons?

and why can't we cross breed pets to make new pets? would give you a reason to actually capture the other pets in the game beyond the rare pets or buying your herc/nix.
    and what about new pet skills/books, why is dragon temple the only place to get the rare pet books will they finally drop in bh's like skill books, and why can't I use pages to make new pet books ?

and why can't we decompose pets like genies to inc other pets experience?

so many questions so little time before 6/19 b:surrenderb:shockedb:beg
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Val, may I request with this update.. You urge PWI to release the old direct & torrent downloads for the game-client; This is due to Arc failing myself, and many others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gm 1 question: is there gonna be new equipment like morai or T3 or rank 10?
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay, attack level +2 shards, making venoes even more powerful and more new equipment... Awesome... f:shock

We all are playing hello kitty online, perfect world now!!
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cool ty for the updates V4l :3
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is this new gear, I`m sure I will be pi ssed if it`s better than r9 3rd cast, wasted 2 months getting it and now some new (better?) gear? b:shocked
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does the introduction of +2 att lvl gems mean any other new gems ( +20 vit +str gems +3 def ? ) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the answers Hey, you! b:thanks

So... I've heard mixed reviews about the new pet system. Some are saying that a veno's pets' stats will now be based on their own stats and gear, much like the Mystics' summers are. Is that true? Because if so... those of us who can't afford R9 will most likely quit our venos. D:

Take a look at this thread.

Pets will be affected by gear indeed but there's much more into it. We just don't know the final details of the whole system so I'll be looking forward the news post of our CM b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    caster nirvy? b:chuckle
    pulpit wrote: »
    Will you be able to exp cube pets like genies ? or spend exp/spirit to inc their levels ?
    and what about feeding, i.e some new pets that don't require food or have pets that have land/sea/air capabilities like mystic pets?
    and when are you going to allow pets to evolve ie rank 1-16 pets like weapons?

and why can't we cross breed pets to make new pets? would give you a reason to actually capture the other pets in the game beyond the rare pets or buying your herc/nix.
    and what about new pet skills/books, why is dragon temple the only place to get the rare pet books will they finally drop in bh's like skill books, and why can't I use pages to make new pet books ?

and why can't we decompose pets like genies to inc other pets experience?

so many questions so little time before 6/19 b:surrenderb:shockedb:beg

I second this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FallenNix - Raging Tide
    FallenNix - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If u read back a couple of posts, v4 says the new equipment is more accessory gear than actual rank or tier gear.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What Im wondering is if the month of farming now will be entirely obsolete for players like myself. Using a few months on each gear piece n then have it rendered useless by tje power creep is a reason many people quit games already :s
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • v4liance
    edited June 2013
    To V4l- Actually though, after re-reading the post will we finally get the nice textures for the "Dynasty" armor that China has? I fell in love with those looks and would gladly drop money if I didn't look like some washed up PvE Morai armor wearer.b:cute

Ah, unfortunately, not that I'm aware of. I'll update with details if I discover otherwise.
  • HydrophiIic - Archosaur
    HydrophiIic - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please for the love of god don't make this new equipment stronger then the RRR9 and g16 we already have. I was excited for this update until i read "new equipment" which was so neatly placed on the end of the list of updates. Now i'm just worried. D:
This discussion has been closed.