Combining the "bound" Warsong Belts

UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City
UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Crafting Nook
What happens if you throw the bound Warsong Belts together at the npc? I hope that the G15 Belt then is no longer bound. Did anyone test this?
Post edited by UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If it's bound, I belive it stays bound. I have not tested it. but, every other item stays bound, I don't see why the Warsong belt would be any differant.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont think the item says it is bound? correct me if i am wrong, it just says Unable to be traded/ discarded.
    edited June 2013
    I dont think the item says it is bound? correct me if i am wrong, it just says Unable to be traded/ discarded.

Untradable/can not be discarded/can not be dropped upon death = bound. You can't get rid of it, but you can account stash it or sell it to an npc.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If it's bound, I belive it stays bound. I have not tested it. but, every other item stays bound, I don't see why the Warsong belt would be any differant.

Not every other item does. There are exceptions (JR g14 belt to g15, for example).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City
    UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing is that I haven't seen a G15/16 WS Belt with the "Doesn't drop/Can't be discarded/traded" Text which probably means:
    A) You can't use those Belts to make a G15/16 one. Even tho you can put them into the crafting slot.
    Or
    B) The G15/16 Belts are not bound!

And just to clear things up. I'm talking about the WS Belts that you craft with the Warsong Inscription that drop from the Incacerate.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've actually seen those G15 and G16 "unable to drop/trade" etc belts on my server, so yes, if you make G14's with bound inscriptions, you can use them to make G15/G16, but they'll still be bound. And you can't mix non bound G14 with bound G14 to make G15/G16.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    . And you can't mix non bound G14 with bound G14 to make G15/G16.

is this confirmed or assumed?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed. Just like event random dyes and regular ones don't mix, same for hypers, same for old and new socket stones...

Also you can't mix old non bound inscriptions with new bound ones to make a belt.
    edited June 2013
    That's true. You can not mix unbound inceptions with bound ones.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    I was told today someone has done it on RT mixing Bound and unbound warsong belts but are bound when combined. Have either of you tried to mix them or are you just asumming this based on other items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    That's true. You can not mix unbound inceptions with bound ones.

Not talking about those talking about the belts. There are 2 separete spots for using bound and unbound inscriptions, but there is only one type of slot for upgrading ws belts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what if you decompose bound belts and use the mats to upgrade a non-bound belt?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    what if you decompose bound belts and use the mats to upgrade a non-bound belt?

I dont think anyone that posted her has actualy tried to do anything combining ect and just are assuming. I was told that "the belts" can be combined even if they are bound/unbound. I will post about it here if/when i do enough fws to make another belt. i have a bound on my sin and a unbound on my barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • post1e
    post1e Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Correct me if i'm wrong but just to make the actual belt cost more than buying the badge itself in WC?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    This is a necro, but I felt I needed to make an update to this. You can mix and match the bound belts with the unbound ones, the created belt will be bound. I used 2 belts made from ws badges and one belt made from the untradable inscription recipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is a necro, but I felt I needed to make an update to this. You can mix and match the bound belts with the unbound ones, the created belt will be bound. I used 2 belts made from ws badges and one belt made from the untradable inscription recipe.

Double necro, actually. One on you and one on the poster before you. SweetieBot must be sleeping or some such nonsense.

Also, to keep with the topic at hand: all unbound G14 WS belts, if all unbound upon combining, will make a bound G15. This is from the last update and has been such for a while now (had a friend about two months ago now make a bound belt using three unbound belts. Pissed him right off.)
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    And with that final word, this topic can be laid to rest.

Possibly in a lake of holy water to be safe.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.