Vortex-obsession in instances

13»

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What if you are running a BH for a bunch of lowish level people?

I tell them to stand back out of distance of AOE, debuff boss then vortex.

Well, that's after I let them rush in and die at least once.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

mrcharlytoo replied to a message that was 2 months 2 days 12 hours 36 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whoops, sorry, you got me.

<sniff sniff> eurgh, the smell of rotting flesh, the dead are coming, the dead are coming.
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If all seekers do is vortex it's called lazy *** and maybe that's all they know and can't play the seeker well.

Trust me there are plenty of fail seekers.

Hmmmm, well here is one seeker who doesn't always vortex, LOL.b:laugh I hav e to mention(to fellow seekers and others)What r U gonna do when vortex is cancelled, or, as in the new weekly abba, u can't be usin aoe's. i'm still a semi-noob, still learning. and btw my join date is wrong here, i've actually been playin this toon for two and a half years. also just wanna say, i saw another seeker w/full T3(i have mostly OHT/lunar gearb:chucklejust about ready to T2 my weapon) help get us killed in the last weekly aba i was in. fortunately we finally got some help n finished it. but personally, i get tired of vortexxing! i try to remember to use at least 1 or 2 debuffs on the boss before attacking. anyways, good to see this post, just had to put in my two cents worth!!!
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
    edited October 2013
    In endgame content usually ANY squadset deals more damage than single seeker vortexing. Also seekers themselves can DD harder w/o vortex than with it if they know what they're doing. In my opinion seeker never was and will be a dps-based class. In normal situations seeker should not be the best DD of the squad to begin with - it's a debuff class with nice AOEs and high single hits while rest of their attacks are at the medium range (low-high for zerk-users). Also seekers actually -tank- better by spamming battousai than vortexing. I have experienced this several times with my friends.

One last note, i never vortex on sleeper, LOL and i love battousai, i prefer faster casted skills over say gemini slash(that can be interrupted as well). i'm more of a smash n bash kinda seeker, when it's suitable. and if Kitty ever happens to have any suggestions for me in game, i'll be open to it.b:victory
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One last note, i never vortex on sleeper, LOL and i love battousai, i prefer faster casted skills over say gemini slash(that can be interrupted as well). i'm more of a smash n bash kinda seeker, when it's suitable. and if Kitty ever happens to have any suggestions for me in game, i'll be open to it.b:victory

Well completely tossing aside Gemini would be quite a loss. It's our hardest hitting skill and we easily have the ability to make it cast fast enough. Not to mention, though I rarely use it without blade affinity, sage gemini doesn't get interrupted by normal attacks (I've yet to find a demon seeker to test this for demon gemini). I don't know if you're sage or demon though, but you really should give level 11 blade affinity a try if you like casting stuff fast :D.
    edited October 2013
    Well completely tossing aside Gemini would be quite a loss. It's our hardest hitting skill and we easily have the ability to make it cast fast enough. Not to mention, though I rarely use it without blade affinity, sage gemini doesn't get interrupted by normal attacks (I've yet to find a demon seeker to test this for demon gemini). I don't know if you're sage or demon though, but you really should give level 11 blade affinity a try if you like casting stuff fast :D.

Thanks for the reply. Actually i use Gemini Slash a lot more nowadays, LOL at myself for my commentb:chuckle and your absolutely right about it being one of our most powerful skills. and yes, i do also almost always use it with blade affinity. and, yes, as well, i am sage, so i'll have to keep on the back burner the possiblity on investing in level 11 blade affinity. as for being interrupted, say in delta wave or wherever, i find using windshield on my genie seems to help considerably keeping vortex or gemini from being interrupted for some reason(perhaps the extra evasion, not sure). figuered if anyone wants to try it out for themselves, feel freeb:pleased so it looks like i have some even greater things to look forward to being a sage seeker, and someday celestial sage, hmm, got me thinking, lol!
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the reply. Actually i use Gemini Slash a lot more nowadays, LOL at myself for my commentb:chuckle and your absolutely right about it being one of our most powerful skills. and yes, i do also almost always use it with blade affinity. and, yes, as well, i am sage, so i'll have to keep on the back burner the possiblity on investing in level 11 blade affinity. as for being interrupted, say in delta wave or wherever, i find using windshield on my genie seems to help considerably keeping vortex or gemini from being interrupted for some reason(perhaps the extra evasion, not sure). figuered if anyone wants to try it out for themselves, feel freeb:pleased so it looks like i have some even greater things to look forward to being a sage seeker, and someday celestial sage, hmm, got me thinking, lol!

Spot on huh?

And well, one of the awesome things about level 11 Blade Affinity besides the 5% channel increase is having its cooldown lowered from 60 to 30 seconds.

About vortex being interrupted I'm not sure if you're referring to when you're setting it up or when it's already up. It can't be interrupted by regular attacks after it's up, only by attacks or debuffs which specifically have an interrupt effect on them (sometimes, a chance to). This might also be the case for sage/demon(?) gemini.

I've been Celestial Sage for a while and I can tell you it's pretty awesome. Seekers in general have quite a few tricks that make them even more fun to play. Now whether all of those are on the forums yet or not... b:avoid
  • SeekGlory - Lost City
    SeekGlory - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyway you choose to play a Seeker is never wrong. I think I kill more people when they try and tell people how to play their character than for any other reason. You don't like how a person plays his/her character..solution is simple... join a different party. Personally i like to debuff then vortex but there are times I am lazy and dont care. But then again for the BH's we have I really dont need other characters in the BH including EP's than for anything other than their buffs at this point. It's lonely being a Seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    drinkin beer talkin sheit in faction chat while vortexing > all that other stuff.
    re
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I always fire off all my shatters an get Gemini debuff on bosses before I do anything else...Forcive habit XD

Personally I like to use angels of justice and ion spike(extra metal damage debuff)

Vortex is useful if the debuffs are there and the mobs/boss aren't moving....That being said I actually don't like to vortex unless I have too, looks more badass spamming other aoes b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyrl - Heavens Tear
    Dyrl - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am notf f/fc seeker and I have all my original hypers. I am old school in every way. Now having said that why the thread about Vortex?? I am going to battle and I have some rocks, maybe a knife and a shotgun. Hmm what should I use??? I say the shotgun as often as possible. Yes I agree that there seems to be an over reliance but that is usually because of the grief you get when you don't use it. I do use all my skills and the vortex is the icing on the cake.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am notf f/fc seeker and I have all my original hypers. I am old school in every way. Now having said that why the thread about Vortex?? I am going to battle and I have some rocks, maybe a knife and a shotgun. Hmm what should I use??? I say the shotgun as often as possible. Yes I agree that there seems to be an over reliance but that is usually because of the grief you get when you don't use it. I do use all my skills and the vortex is the icing on the cake.

I've never gotten any grief for not using it.

You don't necessarily need it for tanking, but it's necessary for AOE situations obviously.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just today someone was commenting where's vortex in one BH metal squad where seeker used other AOEs at mobs so yea...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Woops missed this necro the first time. o.o The zombie must've eaten my brain. v.v Closed for necro!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.