[Maintenance Discussion] 6-4-2013

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

We've got a server reset tonight for US servers, with a minor update for Morai, with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

This week's question:

If you could convert a low level dungeon to an end-game dungeon, which would it be and what would you change?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    v4liance wrote: »
    If you could convert a low level dungeon to an end-game dungeon, which would it be and what would you change?
    When I say ' Awaken' you will wake up and turn into a wild animal that only listens to me. Understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Woot first page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    FB 19, Elf Instance

Change nothing, just make the mobs wayyyyyyyyy higher level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd rather convert an endgame instance to a low level one with good rewards. One that high levels can't enter at all.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First Kitty reply!

Hard question. 79 and 69 are otherwise nice, but the mobs...sucks. 59...just...no. 51 would be quite fun f:cute 29 ish too short and 39 is almost as annoying as 59.

So Kitty answers: Secret Frostcovered Grounds. f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    FCC

Oh... wait...

Really though. Any one of them would be fine. What we need is a true zelda style obss that everypony can't just APS to death. A puzzleor something that has to be solved before you can do any damage to it or wepons that must be coloected by everypony and used to kill the boss.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

When I say ' Awaken' you will wake up and turn into a wild animal that only listens to me. Understand.

O___O lmao?

Also, TB Fb19 ;o Because having udnerwater caves would be pretty cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Naturala - Archosaur
    Naturala - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would have a Qinzi instance. Short but with a challenging boss. Time wise, it'll be about the same as a wined Aba or Sot so you could maybe have a boss similar to Incarcerate with add on etc.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd have to say FB29, a minimal amount of hard mobs and 1 insanely difficult boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • BeauVivi - Archosaur
    BeauVivi - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Also, TB Fb19 ;o Because having udnerwater caves would be pretty cool!

Hmmm... Oh! I gotta say Fb19 for humans.. that would seem fun b:laugh But! Underwater instances would be soo cool ^.^
    101 Sage Mystic (Main)BeauVivi -Leader of Dark_Aura
    101 Demon Sin- Blue_Vivi
    96 Demon Cleric- /Isis\
    92 Sage Seeker- Dark_Isis
    7x Archer- Blue__Beauty

I miss those times...
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would say BH39, as it's a long, sprawled out instance. Probably my least favorite in the game. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    question for you dev and gms, does it even matter? nope not a single good changes has given, start looking more for customer suggestion rather than just asking question without action b:laughb:laugh
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I recommend swapping bh69 bosses with bh79 bosses.

Polearm and Gaurnob could be swapped for Linus and Brigend.

By the pardon my mispelling of boss names please.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    question for you dev and gms, does it even matter? nope not a single good changes has given, start looking more for customer suggestion rather than just asking question without action b:laughb:laugh

A lot of good changes have been given actually; NW, changed NW map, changed Warsong.
    And many other things I can't think of right at this minute, questions like these, as far as I'm aware, are not to help PWE but instead to involve the forum community with maintenance/connect us more with v4l, so stop being your ungrateful butt hurt self and quit if you feel that PWI is so crappy. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    jjbrendan wrote: »
    I recommend swapping bh69 bosses with bh79 bosses.

Polearm and Gaurnob could be swapped for Linus and Brigend.

By the pardon my mispelling of boss names please.

plox no

BH79 is the first place where APS DDers get their trip spark and -int weapons and can tank in place of barbs. There a good at-level squad can wipe a boss in 20 seconds. This is where APSers learn the fundamental lessons of timing. Having Pole-tier bosses would mean that it will be another instance where sin goes CotD and cries when he takes aggro---boring *** process of waiting for barb to kill while everyone holds back damage because vit tanks generate no aggro.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited June 2013
    Options
    plox no

BH79 is the first place where APS DDers get their trip spark and -int weapons and can tank in place of barbs. There a good at-level squad can wipe a boss in 20 seconds. This is where APSers learn the fundamental lessons of timing. Having Pole-tier bosses would mean that it will be another instance where sin goes CotD and cries when he takes aggro---boring *** process of waiting for barb to kill while everyone holds back damage because vit tanks generate no aggro.

Luckily good ppl like Kitty did this already in BH69, both on fist archer and sin. Just takes a good cleric to puri in 3 secs from Pole's debuff(or bit moar with good genie). Those couple secs can be spent in spark immunity f:sneaky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey Val, what all does this update entail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey Val, what all does this update entail?
    None of the promised changes from may and its now june. If there other games werent on fire we probably woulda seen real progress but pwi takes a backseat in terms of priority to the other games now. so lame
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Mmm . . . . BH 59, WS STYLE!
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Change FC back to the way it originally was....case closed :D
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Fix the Advanced Grinding Machine!
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    A lot of good changes have been given actually; NW, changed NW map, changed Warsong.
    And many other things I can't think of right at this minute, questions like these, as far as I'm aware, are not to help PWE but instead to involve the forum community with maintenance/connect us more with v4l, so stop being your ungrateful butt hurt self and quit if you feel that PWI is so crappy. Thank you.

lol y u mad
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol y u mad

Because people like you who QQ about nothing annoy me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bromsen - Heavens Tear
    Bromsen - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would make it 29, and make the entire thing the instance (Secret Passage and Hall of Deception, making it so you have to get past Silver Frost to get to the main boss). Secret passage with PKing allowed.
  • Kersplop - Archosaur
    Kersplop - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Because people like you who QQ about nothing annoy me.

Wow Tide, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black there. Take a look in the mirror before you get all self righteous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When all else fails...go afk.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Fix the Advanced Grinding Machine!

it works just fine
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Advanced Grinding Machine would be nice to have working again. Can't take 3rd week of AGM out of service. Too many coins that Kitty never got to usef:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucky623602
    lucky623602 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    To be honest unless pwi is going to implement more quests and or rewards I really don't think converting low lvl instances to lvl 100+ will do any good. Sin and seekers would solo them and it'll be a total waist of the programmers time. I would just be happy if they would nerf the most OP places or buff the under powered classes. Or at least fix the glitches and bugs in the game i wouldn't bother maken more content til the content / classes that you current have are balanced and fixed.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow Tide, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black there. Take a look in the mirror before you get all self righteous.

I don't recall QQ'ing over nothing recently. Sure I have in the past, I used to frequently, but I haven't even been in-game for about 2 months. Self-righteous? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    So, a server reset AGAIN? Once again, no faction icon.. -.-