R9 Mystic, Is it worth it?

Options
Raziyal - Archosaur
Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Mystic
At the moment im contemplating on my mystic...

I just would liek to know is r9 -rrr9 worth having on a mystic or is it better to have N3 on her?

You see i've seen a few fail R9 mystics lately and its rather bothering me that its not good haha i guess, but then again its how the player is i guess.

I just want to know the Pro's and Cons of R9 to N3 Pros and Cons.

Would help me so much :D

(Yes i did look around forums for R9 mystics didn't get much of my answer.
101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
102 Archer (Sage)
104 Barb (Sage)
101 Psy (Demon)
104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
Post edited by Raziyal - Archosaur on

Comments

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    mystics are OP to begin with- if you know how to play - and get r999 you'll be an OP class with OP gear. G16 (n3) = r9 < r999

If you're just doing PVE n3 is more than enough. If you're doing pvp, the best gear you can get (r999) is advantageous.
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    mystics are OP to begin with- if you know how to play - and get r999 you'll be an OP class with OP gear. G16 (n3) = r9 < r999

If you're just doing PVE n3 is more than enough. If you're doing pvp, the best gear you can get (r999) is advantageous.

Haha Thanks i'll most likely be PvPing at later times..
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »

^^This.
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I might add that should you thirst for pvp, do a bit of research on how all other classes work and find timings + counters to them. Also do some research on good pvp genies, since next to gears are genies and..IG spammers.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    At the moment im contemplating on my mystic...

I just would liek to know is r9 -rrr9 worth having on a mystic or is it better to have N3 on her?

You see i've seen a few fail R9 mystics lately and its rather bothering me that its not good haha i guess, but then again its how the player is i guess.

I just want to know the Pro's and Cons of R9 to N3 Pros and Cons.

Would help me so much :D

(Yes i did look around forums for R9 mystics didn't get much of my answer.

Yes it worth it. I got my 4 pieces of armor R9rr 2 weeks ago and I see a big difference on my survivability cause that give me more hp and p.def. I saw my damage go higher since one of the bonus is +100 magic.

I don't even have the weapon and belt yet and saw a difference compare to my G16 nirvy, but I passed directly from G16 nirvy to R9rr, I didn't used the plain R9.

As klys said G16 nirvy = R9 < R9rr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yes it worth it. I got my 4 pieces of armor R9rr 2 weeks ago and I see a big difference on my survivability cause that give me more hp and p.def. I saw my damage go higher since one of the bonus is +100 magic.

I don't even have the weapon and belt yet and saw a difference compare to my G16 nirvy, but I passed directly from G16 nirvy to R9rr, I didn't used the plain R9.

As klys said G16 nirvy = R9 < R9rr.

Thanks very much Bella :D

As for researching other classes, I already know most of their weak points. I've played most classes to about 90 or higher, Ofcourse each class is different by how their player plays them, but I can usually figure out how the player uses their toon by just watching :D
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    One thing I hate about r9 and possibly the only thing is that you cannot stash it. Quite sad really, that such good gear can only be on one single character. I pvp mostly with Wizard and pve mostly with Mystic. Sharing decent gears is the only other reason besides cost that is preventing me from r999 either one. If I were to choose, I would r999 Wizard before my Mystic. Genie spark OP.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Getting Nirvana 3rd cast is only really worth it if you have multiple characters on the account or you're planning to make some thus you can share the gear and cut down the cost of gearing up other toons.

However if Mystic is your only toon or your main or the one you play the most, R999 is the best option, especially since you seem to plan on doing a lot of PvP.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    zeroxwingx wrote: »
    One thing I hate about r9 and possibly the only thing is that you cannot stash it. Quite sad really, that such good gear can only be on one single character. I pvp mostly with Wizard and pve mostly with Mystic. Sharing decent gears is the only other reason besides cost that is preventing me from r999 either one. If I were to choose, I would r999 Wizard before my Mystic. Genie spark OP.

In your case what you can do is get G16 and after that farm R9 for your wizz, I have 4 chars on my account, a veno 100, a cleric 101, a cleric 102 and my mystic 103, I never though I would got R9 so I got G16 than I decided to farm R9 for my mystic (my mystic is my main), the G16 is not lost I still use on other chars.

The only thing is if you are G16 and work on R9 don't waste money on refines and shards on plain R9, I know it's hard, but plain R9 is similar to G16 and you will not see a huge difference (unless you mix 2 R9 pieces and 2 R9r pieces for 20 def. lvl bonus total), as I said I passed directly from G16 nirvy to R9rr gears, I don't have the weapon yet for the fact that purify is awesome to get on a weapon, but it doesn't save from 1-2 shots, so I got the gears first to get enough survivability to don't be 1-2 shots and now I'm currently working on weapon and belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute