What Pwi Has Ruined

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the akward moment when you realise it's not pwi it's life...

take cellphones for example. for "pve" you can do fine even with a not-so-smart phone (tt90). but if you want to be "competitive" in "pvp" you pay for new phones that get outdates in a few months XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Tiberius - Morai
    Tiberius - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quit your nagging and just play the game.Stop spending coins on useless fashion and save up.Many of my friends have got their R9 gears through adapting like previously stated,so it is possible to R9 your toon , it only takes you a little longer and a little more effort than those that paid real cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rcilis-HT
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the akward moment when you realise it's not pwi it's life...

take cellphones for example. for "pve" you can do fine even with a not-so-smart phone (tt90). but if you want to be "competitive" in "pvp" you pay for new phones that get outdates in a few months XD

:-)

For the sake of completeness, I want to distinguish between PvE players and players on a PvE server. I fight my fights just like you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so you are happy you spend years on this game and win 500k? wow....i will sure buy R9 with that money.... If you want to make your gear and refines better you need more then that. 500k only covers the HP herbs and that's about all.
    The true is that this game is PaytoPlay . There is nothing to farm to make money fast. All farming takes days maybe weeks of selling to Auction House. I have tons of TT mats and I sell the cheapest on server and I still dont sell.....This game is dead

Your reply on my post is a prime example of the inability to understand what you read.

OP was qq'ing about ways LOW lvl chars could have made money and then those were taken away. I replied by saying a BETTER way for low lvls to make money was introduced by way of JoJ. In doing JoJ with LOW lvl's you get MORE coins than you could in the past by farming.....WITH A LOW LVL

No-where did I even mention r9.....but i guess you are just to thick to notice that.

Sheesh..... You just wanted a +1 in post count did'nt you ? b:bye

And at the end of days the weak and dumb shall walk the earth, fueled only by their thirst of knowledge which unfortunatly passes them by, as Knowledge knows it's not worth his time to stop and ponder the workings of the lower level brain. And Knowledge goes forth in search of more suitable hosts of which he could only find a few, as Knowledge is picky. This is the way he has been trained and this is the way he will live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No-where did I even mention r9.....but i guess you are just to thick to notice that.
    Don't you know, R9+ is the only thing worth getting, so it's the only thing worth talking about. b:spit
    So you can forgive him slightly his one-track mindedness b:chuckle
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your reply on my post is a prime example of the inability to understand what you read.

OP was qq'ing about ways LOW lvl chars could have made money and then those were taken away. I replied by saying a BETTER way for low lvls to make money was introduced by way of JoJ. In doing JoJ with LOW lvl's you get MORE coins than you could in the past by farming.....WITH A LOW LVL

And at the end of days the weak and dumb shall walk the earth, fueled only by their thirst of knowledge which unfortunatly passes them by, as Knowledge knows it's not worth his time to stop and ponder the workings of the lower level brain. And Knowledge goes forth in search of more suitable hosts of which he could only find a few, as Knowledge is picky. This is the way he has been trained and this is the way he will live.

It was actually kind of entertaining to watch, to be honest. I played a little game with myself over it. Read his post and took a shot every time I saw an instance of his inability to comprehend simple English.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I dont really give a damn about no post or whatever you think i care. I just reply to you ....but whatever...I just say that we all know there is no way to make money at low levels because DQ points are gone, drop is gone, people dont buy low lvl gears or mats anymore. If 100+ people want to make alts they better put them in FC and dont spend time or money in low lvl characters because is not worth it, there is nothing a low lvl character can do in game anymore, is all about 100+.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't you know, R9+ is the only thing worth getting, so it's the only thing worth talking about. b:spit
    So you can forgive him slightly his one-track mindedness b:chuckle

Yes it all about R9. Can you please solo TT 3-3 with TT80 gear? b:chuckle
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont really give a damn about no post or whatever you think i care. I just reply to you ....but whatever...I just say that we all know there is no way to make money at low levels because DQ points are gone, drop is gone, people dont buy low lvl gears or mats anymore. If 100+ people want to make alts they better put them in FC and dont spend time or money in low lvl characters because is not worth it, there is nothing a low lvl character can do in game anymore, is all about 100+.

Okay, so you're not interested in facts or logic or rational discussion. Maybe you should stop bothering people who actually use their brains and take your stupidity somewhere else. b:byeb:thanks
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited June 2013

Is there a burning need to be able to solo TT 3-3? Are there extra drops for abandoning the original intent of required teamwork?

I can run it with my friends. Have I failed somehow, because I can't beat my chest and show a Youtube video of me, alone, standing with one foot resting on my prey?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got R9 because I knew I was gonna be in for a long haul soloing.

To say that R9 is the only thing worth getting is a bit over the top. We're talking about dropping about $1500. Ya forgot about that. Molds and stuff is "free" but you still need the R9 base armor..

It really all depends on why you think you need it.

PVP, yeah, you better get it..
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a burning need to be able to solo TT 3-3? Are there extra drops for abandoning the original intent of required teamwork?

I can run it with my friends. Have I failed somehow, because I can't beat my chest and show a Youtube video of me, alone, standing with one foot resting on my prey?

almost 6 times the profit per run?

That said squad play is more fun and takes nowhere near the gear investment
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so you are happy you spend years on this game and win 500k? wow....i will sure buy R9 with that money.... If you want to make your gear and refines better you need more then that. 500k only covers the HP herbs and that's about all.
    The true is that this game is PaytoPlay . There is nothing to farm to make money fast. All farming takes days maybe weeks of selling to Auction House. I have tons of TT mats and I sell the cheapest on server and I still dont sell.....This game is dead

And what we have here is a perfect example of PWI's fastest growing new class of chars: The ENTITLEMENT class

I spent years on this game and my lvl 17 EP is raking in 30+ mil a day and it started out with almost nothing.

It sucks to have such low expectations of oneself and a poor sense of what one can accomplish without a vision like that.

Oh, and I never used 500K worth of herbs for my veno from lvl 1 to lvl 60 combined. If it needed herbs for pot it farmed them. Gee....there's a concept.

*** Edit ***

And just a tip for farming HH (TT or whatever you want to call that instance) from someone who has done it and raked in and sold nearly 1.5 bil in mats there....farm the mats that others are actually using and not the mats that nobody wants for crying out loud. Figure out what gears are in high demand and farm those mats. There's no market for Claw Consumer of Souls on my server because nobody makes whatever they are used in but Feng's Black Armor there is a market and they are easy to get even in an unsubbed squad mode instance. I made 3 mil off just 2 runs during last 2x from that mat alone and that doesn't include the other 1.2 mil from Forshura's Armors and the rest of the drops like mirages et al.

Learning what to farm at any given time is more important than learning how to farm it because it changes a lot as the game evolves.

As others QQ about the rap prices being less than 10% of what they were when people were running NV for them fail to realize is that even though the prices plummeted because the market is flooded with them dozens of us who merchant those are making as much or more off them now than when they were selling for 1.5 to 2.4 mil. And the best part is that we make others work hard for them in NW (yeah, I'm a one shot wonder who sucks at PvP and squeezes out maybe 130 to 150 supply tokens a week if I'm lucky) yet I make a hell of a profit off those that do well in it.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So many fallacies in your argument here that need to be addressed.

1) Low level gears. Who the hell buys low level gears when from level 1 to 60 decent gears are given away as quest and supply chest rewards. doing the Jolly Jones daily for 500K would be more than enough to get started with HH (or TT if you must call it) 60 gears. But that is all assuming that people aren't...

2) Frost noobing their *sses from 1 to 60+ in a day. If so that makes everything above and that part of your argument irrelevant. Frost babies don't farm anything but exp in frost so why would DQ or low level gears mean anything at that point.

3) That part about it's better for low levels to frost their way through the game because grinding on quests is worthless just made me ROTFLMAO! How the hell are low levels going to afford hypers and to pay for some high level to drag them through the instance if they're poor, broke with no coin and every quest at their low levels are worthless and just keeps them in the gutter broke and destitute? WTF? And very, very few people would want to take a new level 1 toon and grind its way through leveling normally anyway. Why would anyone want to go though all that again? It takes months and maybe even a year or so grinding to level a toon from 1 to 100 with all the cultis, farming gears etc. Hell yeah they are going to hyper level it if they want to take advantage of a new toon's capabilities. Only reason I may level my EP is just to use its rez skill.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well imo this game isn't as good as it used to be I pretty much just play it now as something to do inbetween game's or waiting for another game to come out. I don't care about playing this game hardcore anymore mostly because everyone I know quit but it's still fun to play as something to do. The new JoJ dailies are good coin if you have alts in different lvl ranges you can just do them on all of them and make a good bit of coin at least they did something to compensate the dq nerfs. I use the JoJ dailies to keep getting my Seeker I've been lvling hypers to solo PV and to upgrade my skills. So this games not that close to dead it still has a lot to do if you know where to look.

Oh yeah I wanted to add I bet this game could be so much better if it could be independant of China. It's just to bad that our version isn't allowed to have it's own devs so they can fix our own bugs and add our own content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I stopped reading after the 1st sentence .....
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well exactly what I predicted 2 years ago. Even at that time game became pay2win. Now it even more obvious. Happy playing. The core will stay, but many many players will leave again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    QQ

there, a simpler to read version.
    edited June 2013
    I stopped reading after the 1st sentence .....

Then your just a troll because his first sentance says. "Things in this game you need to fix." this game has a lot of glitches and bugs that still haven't been fixed in years. So yeah he is right at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then your just a troll because his first sentance says. "Things in this game you need to fix." this game has a lot of glitches and bugs that still haven't been fixed in years. So yeah he is right at that.

lul game is fine the way it is people still die, people still have fun. :D
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think what a lot of people don't realize is that the root of most of the problems in this game is the way people can currently hyper in FC. In my honest opinion, if we want to change the game in the easiest possible manner (In the sense of changing one thing, with the biggest result), then we need to focus on getting a level requirement to be able to enter the FC instance, not just to open it.

If we can do this, there will be more people on the map... questing, grinding, and things of this nature will return. There will be more farmers and low level BH's being run. This will ultimately lead to a better environment for new players coming into the game, and they will be more likely to stay. This, in turn, will lead to a better economy.

Instead of QQing over all of these things that PWI has ruined, look at the cause. Hypering FC was one of the first major problems to arise, aside from packs. We know that packs are staying, but Val has agreed to let us review this back when FC was broken for a week after the Dawn of Spring update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    lul game is fine the way it is people still die, people still have fun. :D

Doesn't change the fact that things in this game still need fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be fair, enforcing a level requirement for FCC is not solving the fundamental problem at this point. If the game is boring, people will jump at ways to level up faster. Even before RB, people bought exp scrolls just so they could grind faster.

Everyone wanted to level up. People who wanted to PvP wanted to level so they could get new gear, people who didn't want PvP level up all the same for their own reasons, but I bet a big one was because there was not much else to do. Grinding that 95% so you could get new quests was sooo sad back then.

However, with the game as it is right now, people reach max level (or just 101) and get upset because they cannot compete with people having better gear unless they put in the time or the money (resources just the same). The problem with this is that newer players are directly pitted against older players with much better gear. The difference between TT99 and R9 is just...

On the PvE side, it's impossible to balance PvE for a level range at past lv 100, when people at the same level can vary so much in gear. Instances can be time consuming and frustrating for some and be face roll for others.

Thus, if slower leveling were to be implemented, it must be accompanied by more lower level PvP content, isolated from the end game PvP, or it would simply leave people frustrated. If say, a 9x only PvP daily was implemented and had nice prizes, you might see people stop there for a couple of months, have fun, burn charms, before advancing to 100+ and having to compete with all those people. In fact, you might see people just stay at 9x and just play. Same goes for lower levels.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone is bashing FCC for power leveling, does no one use nix valley for leveling? I find nix valley to be far worse, it gives more exp, takes less time to do. Easy to reach lvl 100~105 with nix valley and never touch fcc.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Why would I? By TT 3-3 time I had gear appropriate for my level, because I'm not a powerlevel'd noob :3
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would I? By TT 3-3 time I had gear appropriate for my level, because I'm not a powerlevel'd noob :3

Thank you! Yes, there would be some minor issues at first when they put a level requirement on FCC. There will be some that QQ, some that rage quit, and others that just plain don't know what to do with their time. However, it will be a long term investment for PWI.

People will be questing again, and the map will once again have life to it. People will be doing BH's with people their own level, or perhaps still have a high level help them. New players will stay, and bring with them more coins to buy goods, hence boosting the economy. The game in itself will have life again.

I agree that if a level requirement is made, then there should be lower level PVP events introduced at the same time. That is an excellent idea that I had not thought of. I also think that there should be a level cap for these events, to prevent high levels from joining. Perhaps an addition to Nation Wars, which is run on a separate day than our current Nation Wars. It could be people under level 60 only, and have it's own forges for it's own items.

Yes, this change will not be easy, and may create a few short term issues, but they will pass in time. We need this long term investment for the game to have a long, happy life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Everyone is bashing FCC for power leveling, does no one use nix valley for leveling? I find nix valley to be far worse, it gives more exp, takes less time to do. Easy to reach lvl 100~105 with nix valley and never touch fcc.

Phoenix Valley = once-a-day with everyone near the same level

canard defeated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! Yes, there would be some minor issues at first when they put a level requirement on FCC. There will be some that QQ, some that rage quit, and others that just plain don't know what to do with their time. However, it will be a long term investment for PWI.

People will be questing again, and the map will once again have life to it. People will be doing BH's with people their own level, or perhaps still have a high level help them. New players will stay, and bring with them more coins to buy goods, hence boosting the economy. The game in itself will have life again and everyone will live happily ever after in Ponyville.

Seekers will sell open map aoe grind and PV leveling. Nerfing the top exp gain instance will make people move to the second etc, not suddenly enlighten those poor souls so they can have the immerse amount of fun gained by killing one mob over and over again.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HeavenxDoom - Lost City
    HeavenxDoom - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013

People will be questing again, and the map will once again have life to it. People will be doing BH's with people their own level, or perhaps still have a high level help them. New players will stay, and bring with them more coins to buy goods, hence boosting the economy. The game in itself will have life again.

I agree that if a level requirement is made, then there should be lower level PVP events introduced at the same time. That is an excellent idea that I had not thought of. I also think that there should be a level cap for these events, to prevent high levels from joining. Perhaps an addition to Nation Wars, which is run on a separate day than our current Nation Wars. It could be people under level 60 only, and have it's own forges for it's own items.

Yes, this change will not be easy, and may create a few short term issues, but they will pass in time. We need this long term investment for the game to have a long, happy life.

remove fcc and pv... is best option

2nd make all party who goes to any instance have a 10 lv cap...so a bh have a lv41-49no higher can join.

forcing ppl to have fun and not making them instantly 100 is best option

about oracle sure let them super rich ppl use them like it will help any.

remove hyper

my 2 cent b:surrender
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Seekers will sell open map aoe grind and PV leveling. Nerfing the top exp gain instance will make people move to the second etc, not suddenly enlighten those poor souls so they can have the immerse amount of fun gained by killing one mob over and over again.

Evidence says otherwise. The week when hypers didn't work in FC saw a tremendous upswing in people doing quests and other activities.

Not that they won't seek PV or other activities. Plevelers just won't spend all day in one room and sellers won't either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]