Plague of the Babydolls ~ Rant?

Options
Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion

***Minor Rant**

I know this will get some form of backlash, I'm prepared and who knows might not be too harsh. Wasn't sure if this should go in screen shot which deal with characters or here, but if not kindly move it there where it should be thanks! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just something I been meaning to ask with people who do these types of character looks ever since INI Editing was permitted. And yes, everyone has a right to style as they wish as long as its in guidelines etc etc ~ moving along while covering my own corners. What is the deal with this type? These, child~anime~pouty characters? The big eyes, tiny tiny lips and frown to boot? Why the sad face? Did you scrap your knee? lol I've crossed a vast amount of female players (a handful of males too) strolling (f:laugh) through the game in these types. Some faces work nice while others just look down right creepy, but overall my question is what is so adorable about them if a lot of people have this "unique" look? You aren't so if plenty have this style, ijs. I can possibly label a great amount of players who use this style but I'm not due to privacy issuse. I'm not saying they are all terrible, some look adorable, likely its their coloring but its overwhelming to see them. Sure, dont like them, dont worry yeah yeah I know but you can't help people for asking and wondering about what draws so many do this other than its cuteness. Sure, on the eca website when you see veno weapons majority of the venos pictures are stick thin and same faces. . its anime style w.e ..again its just . .so *shrug*

I know I'm not the only one who feels this curious about this popular type and I'm not saying to stop, its your choice etc etc just . . . eye-roll worthy when you cross so many of them. PWI should just make this part of a preset if so many are doing it and be done with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
Post edited by Nyxsa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've heard these called Chibi dolls.

They kind of remind me of the accusations that anime turns most sexuality into pedophilia with young looking girls, big eyes, schoolgirl outfits, PG "****" (ie panty shots), and hyper sexuality.

It became a trend on Sanctuary in one of our TW factions because the two people everyone follows started doing it and paid others to do it, too. Its like a hipster pedobear thing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Only seen them in screenshots. I'm indifferent about it myself.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't have a problem with chibis. I however hate seeing the standard CN seems to have: Bones, covered by skin and alien faces. ... Yea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ive seen a few around...
    Personally I find them to be rather unsettling to look at, but to each their own I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yeah I've heard several types ~ Chibi, Anime etc ~ they all the same. It is a huge trend in my server, most have made their alts this way with the same coloring to where their alts looks like twins and while again some faces look adorable the latest class doesn't quite have that ability to look as cute. I'm completely mixed opinion when it comes to this topic thats why I've shown praise and confusion at same time. Would I honestly do it? Once, but likely not take it to a serious level. *shrugs* an odd (but popular) trend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Like my character? It's the official Asian look. I do it to fit in with the asian cause I'm asian.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Like my character? It's the official Asian look. I do it to fit in with the asian cause I'm asian.

That's explains why you drive your mount in zig zags, too b:chuckle
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Some people just like it. Why the **** does it matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

'cause it's bad and they should feel bad.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think it's kinda offsetting and mutant-looking, too. Or at least the thing where the eyes are these giant black things and the head is huge and everything else is tiny and I don't even.
    The ones that have it, euhhhh... I don't think they really do it to be 'unique', though, I think they genuineily like it. Like, at least on the chinese sites for INIs, just about all of the INI sets have that dollface look, so obviousily they just do it 'cause they like it, not to be different or anything.
    Not that I could figure out why.... then again, I think infants look kind of weird and alien in a bad way, too; but for most people it's in a good way??? I guess? 'x3 All to their own nonetheless..
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaterfaIIs - Heavens Tear
    WaterfaIIs - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Oh my god, no way.. a fantasy game having fantasy-like characters? Unheard of.

You know what's super creepy? People trying to make their characters as human-like as possible. Do they think this is a real life game, and everything they do in-game reflects their life? *shivers*
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle You were one of the few I've complimented because you did have one of the cutest faces but didn't wanna say ur name - duh!

And yes I know its a fantasy game and all, we aren't foolish to think everyone should be on a strict appearance it was more of a what drives people to it ~ nothing more. It hardly matters though no need to be angered by the curious question of others. You stand out - plain and simple - can't help people from wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    omg... if the chibis / anime toons stand out... what, oh WHAT will people think of what i look like? b:shocked b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Psssh. I've been doing it before it became popular.

Er... not the .ini editing thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I had that kind of looks since 2010, nough said. Proud and loves it. However not a fan of the stupid stick figure huge head look. I like the human proportion leaning to the skinny side but not unproportional bobble head.

And to answer your unique question, I actually do have my own style, my toons are pretty much all pink hair purple eyes or blonde hair blue eyes. It is pretty common combo but I rock those color with my baby looks. Feel free to search my name on this forum within the screen shot subform. Look at the screenies and tell me if those are the ugly looks you see. If they are, then I have no comment.

The reason you saw so many after the INI thing was cause, some people posted the links to CN ini code sites. And people just pull the looks off there. And 90% of them are the weird looking ones. And by pulling it straight from there, they don't alter it at all, stick figure bodies, black eyes etc.

But basically, I'm with what WaterfaIIs said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ^^ Yeah ive seen both of your characters that's why I wasnt sure if this should be posted in SS area or main :3

I liked WaterfaIIs look when she looked like a little demon with the white/silver hair and red eyes when I crossed her long ago in game. I think her hubby still wears his kitty ears which again they both look cute - maybe its because their eyes aren't the full black like most tend to use. o.o come to think about it, maybe it is the reason, I've seen most with the big black eyes than colors. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Same. Who gives a ****?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    While you're at it, talk about the mutant kitty face barbs too. lol
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I actually do have my own style, my toons are pretty much all...blonde hair blue eyes.

That is unique. I don't think anyone has ever thought of making an entire race modeled after that image. Hope it doesn't catch on.

(Wow, two racists comments in the same thread. Both in fun obviously, but I should shuttup now, lol).

I've said my two cents. It's over used and overplayed in video games and anime and has been for generations. In no way is it unique or new. Its been a standard in anime, video-games, and hallmarks for 30 years maybe longer.

I just don't think the height of attractiveness should be looking like a 1 year old baby girl and it kind of creeps me out when people make a "cute" char then max **** size. *Sings 'One of these is not like the others, one of these does not belong'*
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Whenever I see one, I want to have a brick in my hand...
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    To each their own but in my opinion, they all look hideous and have an expression saying "please kill me now"
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    To each their own but in my opinion, they all look hideous and have an expression saying "please kill me now"

>b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

....oh my gods they do!! *The having an expression saying 'please kill me now?' part* Cannot unsee x3!!
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Fun fact

Without ini editing you can adjust the hip/waist/thigh ratio of a fem character to increase the "bulge" in the bikini bottom.

So ya, lets get chibi futa action going on here and just really weird people out.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've been seeing more and more of these lately. Some of them are pretty cute and nice but some others look creepy and just...weird.

As far as I am concerned I don't really care about what people choose to do with their toon but I have to admit that I twitch whenever I see a look that looks anatomically incorrect to the extreme. As an aspiring artist who studies anatomy in order to learn how to draw better...whenever I see things that are anatomically incorrect I just..can't help it lol.

You can argue that cartoon characters don't follow the actual anatomy but that's something else and in most cases the anatomy of cartoon characters is actually based on real anatomy (you know the saying "gotta know the rules in order to break them") and the results are aesthetically pleasing and logical in their own ways.

All in all, I just ignore what I don't like and move on o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Interesting. I never pegged you as a prude. =p

How does that qualify as being a prude? He's not offended, he's creeped out, as should any normal, well-adjusted person.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    How does that qualify as being a prude? He's not offended, he's creeped out, as should any normal, well-adjusted person.
    That's kinda just your opinion though. b:bye Nothing creepy about it IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That's kinda just your opinion though. b:bye Nothing creepy about it IMO.

I'm all for people making their char look like however they want, but if you don't see how making a child-like char with giant **** would make you look creepy then I don't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm all for people making their char look like however they want, but if you don't see how making a child-like char with giant **** would make you look creepy then I don't know...
    Maybe if it was an actual child with giant ****, sure, I'd agree. I'd shout about how squicky it is with you. But with mere 'child-like' facial features...? I don't think I can get behind that.

To each her own though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I realize that while discussing the specific character designs it's really, very easy to veer into the inappropriate but let's keep the jokes/comments away from turning into a sexual content discussion, that doesn't belong on the forums. Thanks. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!