Demon or Sage better for PvP

phoenixwar
phoenixwar Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Archer
My archer is currently only lv79 and I don't intend to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on my character to gear it out near the end of the game (ok maybe a $100 USD max if I ever really feel like it).

And I love to PvP in instances like NW, which path will benefit me the most?
Post edited by phoenixwar on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both (sage = longer stun, more crit, demon = still better QS when it procs, sage = more chi, better pvp spark, needs more interval to do equal dps as demon but these days who cares. Sage = longer range, better for derping around behind the lines in pass pk. Demon has no-miss lightning strike. Sage STA is better since demon STA's crit is not of much concern anymore)

pick what you like. Culti path isn't as important as gear

/thread
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Searching wouldn't hurt, would it? It's been asked ad infinitum.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back when 5 aps archers were valuable in TT and Nirvana going demon was the better choice just because it was so much better in pve. PVE matters for money making and so many other things. Right now the pve advantage of demon archers really doesn't meant much.

Anyway one thing I never liked about demon archer advocates is how they trumped up Demon Quick Shots ability to kill low pdef toons archers can easily kill anyway. You shouldn't need to be a demon to kill a mystic or cleric.

Are the two choices equal? I can't answer that question except to say they are more equal than most say and more people chose demon because of the pve advantage than want to admit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First thing to consider is your play style. Which skills do you use most, and how do you use your archer. I would recommend looking over Ecatomb Skill Database and compare the skills you use most to see which is better for you.

Personally I went sage because it fits better how I play. I prefer sniping from a distance, kill before they even know I'm there. Also I only do group PvP (TW/NW) and it seems like sage skills are better for group PvP, that they are to assist your party rather than taking things on solo. Plus with NW I find my Elven Alacrity is in constant cool down (everyone wants a push), considering it takes a spark to use the extra chi build is nice, less apoths I need to use.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What play style? All you do is stun and shoot. It's almost identical except for some corner cases.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What play style? All you do is stun and shoot. It's almost identical except for some corner cases.

The great irony being that now BOTH cultivations come down to QS + auto. \o/

Yay for rebalancing!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go demon, troll forever with full aps set and advanced seal slingshot for lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go demon, troll forever with full aps set and advanced seal slingshot for lulz.

And fail like this guy?
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Key word: troll

yea I'm going full g16 but someday, I'mma have an aps set that I'mma put on and troll people with.

I'm sage. We sages can use tt99 xbow +5...to its full potential

b:dirty
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive