Give me a reason why to actually hit level 100+ on a couple of chars

Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
There are so many cons that outweigh the pros it isn't even funny. I used to aim to be level 100 until I got hooked into RB, so I capped levels. Juggling between RL and ingame time, and refusal to do dailies, giving exp to genies made my progress real slow, but I really had fun regardless. Now that I tend to go with RL more often because there are too many important things, I sacrificed PWI for a good reason.

Have no idea what to buy/sell ATM since I stopped playing, don't know if I should even bother questing on my main / high level alts anymore. Well I know I would cap most of the classes at level 85/95, like BM, Wiz, Cleric, Assassin, Seeker, archer.
Sage barb in progress.
Post edited by Chuck_smith - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because killing other players is fun? It'll be hard to do that when the best thing you can wear is TT90 gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Because killing other players is fun? It'll be hard to do that when the best thing you can wear is TT90 gold

Actually I have other games that I can kill people for, I would avoid doing PVP other than NW on this game and turn the normal chat to squad / faction / whisper chat. I don't care about reading typoes from someone who are immature. Also, Lol, TT90 gold...? ew. I can see the arcane sleeves useful but the rest? :yuck:
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lolnope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited May 2013
    I'd cap chars to 85 when I do play again, that's for sure b:chuckle
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd cap chars to 85 when I do play again, that's for sure b:chuckle

I am sad to see this as you will miss most of the best content in this game.
    I am still learning everyday in this game.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sad to see this as you will miss most of the best content in this game.
    I am still learning everyday in this game.
    Are those high-level events worth time spent on leveling and upgrading/refining of equipment ?

Can you kill characters of players at level 85 at same or at almost same way as at level 100+ ?

I had not even one character of level more than 82 myself.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 90, the tt90 gold - oracle legs and feet at max stats gives +25 mgc together due to +10 mgc bonus. Very good for it's level.

If you mean by "capping your level", that 85-95 is as far as you will buy via fc heads, then b:victory... otherwise why cap your level? Play or Do not play. See where it takes ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandapple - Raging Tide
    Pandapple - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otherwise why cap your level? Play or Do not play. See where it takes ya.

Some people have OCD when it comes to stuff like their levels, and prefer to stop at whatever they consider *meaningful*. In other games it makes sense to cap at certain levels and twink your character out for PVP (so that you can focus on PVP and not on having to gain more levels and re-gear yourself out every few months), but in those games generally there are battlegrounds that are restricted to certain level ranges.
    Kitty also known as Tsukyini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny that the people saying they'll cap their level at 80-85, also say they've never had a char above that level. So if you've never seen what gameplay is like at higher levels, how can you say it's not worth it?

You are just limiting your game experience and the fun you can get out of it. Your loss.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be happier with my account if my psychic was 100..
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about give yourself a reason. If you see no point, don't do it. Other people can't give you any reason.

/thread
  • nanbo554
    nanbo554 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are factors to this...and allot have not even included this:

1) The pay factor. How much are you willing to pay in real cash vs your IRL time.

2) Other games caps are considered cap when you hit cap and content is over. You then alt...And when the company releases new lands, you hop right back on that high level character to explore forth and run the new dungeons etc... PWE has been one of those games about 90% of your time is in the core game (the thing they actually sell to publishers and that ciculates around the stock market as a "product") with is 1995 content and sadly, has 1995 bugs never fixed despite the how much they make...any ways..It is a big core game with just a few updates in content (usually boosts, or new mechanics desguised as "land" or "territory" but just areas to boost you to mid to end game to get to point 1, the cash shop...so the content is shallow)...

Conclusion...play a different game, preferably not PWE, and profit. I played since english langauge was only available at the Malaysian site. That was considered global since PWE had no other site in english and no IP block. Then came here when it transfered here in "official" english global. And I quit here end game when the "expansions" made you pose questions like this...Before, questions like this did not exist. You knew why you were leveling and what for. Here it is get in faster, get the wallet out quicker, and enjoy "content" b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about give yourself a reason. If you see no point, don't do it. Other people can't give you any reason.

/thread

Pretty much b:surrender

There are a lot of things you're missing out from endgame (and if you're capping yourself at 85, you're missing Morai that's 95+) but whether that content is worth to you or not is something nobody but you can judge.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are those high-level events worth time spent on leveling and upgrading/refining of equipment ?

Can you kill characters of players at level 85 at same or at almost same way as at level 100+ ?

I had not even one character of level more than 82 myself.

First one is your choice as to how you spend your time.

Second one no you cannot kill other players the same or similar ways at 100+ as you do at 85 as there are skills and skill upgrades which change yours and other classes style of play and cannot be obtained at 85.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for me it is, among other things

- fun new BHs to try
    - easier access to full warsongs and lunar (won't get a squad under level 100)
    - easier access to full RB Delta (though I did run a few lower than 100, generally you can't get into a random squad that way, and I love RB)
    - BH rewards as a new source of income
    - Morai, as of level 95
    - completion of cultivation (always a goal of mine)
    - acquiring new skills
    - new gear (I also make gear goals, I like to have goals xD)
    - being able to really help people in the faction with things I could not do previously

and more, but I don't have time to make a bigger list. xD

We can't decide for you though. We don't know your play style or what you might or might not enjoy. If you are having fun where you are, stay there by all means. You can choose to level more if you get bored with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was good for laughs.

The game got so much better for me at 89+ with the celestial skills. Then there are the L100 skills including Morai ones that enhance the gaming experience even more.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of capping. You say:
    I used to aim to be level 100 until I got hooked into RB, so I capped levels.

While RB is a great way to get exp and you don't stop doing it at 100+. You'll probably have trouble finding a squad for that low level now!
    Have no idea what to buy/sell ATM since I stopped playing, don't know if I should even bother questing on my main / high level alts anymore.

You don't have high level alts. Those levels can be acquired in a few light days of playing. High level is 105.

Reasons I level the toons I made for buffers:

1) BH100 rewards
    2) Access to intances to facilitate self buffing
    3) Access to higher level buffs
    4) So they can acct share a great set of equips
    5) More variety in what they can do
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Me, I personally capped myself at level 100... this was when r9 (r9.1) was the highest gear available... I was looking to build up to a point of killing r9's without actually being r9.

1. If you wanna cap yourself this way, go for it... it's actually what i am still doing... Now that r9rr (r9.3) is top, im going warsoul recast weapon and r8r gears...

2. If you wanna cap your spending real $ on the game, just remember other pay to plays are as much as $30 a month last i knew of... So you don't need to go and shouldnt go completely f2p... take these things into consideration and do what you want...

I have my reasons for playing, and could care less about giving anyone else theirs... But I dont mind giving advice like points 1 and 2 here... Take care b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are so many cons that outweigh the pros it isn't even funny. I used to aim to be level 100 until I got hooked into RB, so I capped levels. Juggling between RL and ingame time, and refusal to do dailies, giving exp to genies made my progress real slow, but I really had fun regardless. Now that I tend to go with RL more often because there are too many important things, I sacrificed PWI for a good reason.

Have no idea what to buy/sell ATM since I stopped playing, don't know if I should even bother questing on my main / high level alts anymore. Well I know I would cap most of the classes at level 85/95, like BM, Wiz, Cleric, Assassin, Seeker, archer.

There is no point in really going lvl 100+ or really even endgame. Yes there are many cons like cash-shopers, glitches, broken game elements ect ect.

But the point of a game is to have fun. So if your currently having fun and dont really see a point in being 10x. why bother?

Honestly, if there was a version of pwi that was capped at level 80 or 90 Id play it. Everything except a few things (BH and daily stuff) after level 100 is just all for epeen pvp...... so ya there really isn't a point.

I mean I want to cover all the cons... but....... just so many things b:cry
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a mmo they are all the same time wasters.You either play it or you don't and when it starts to feel like a job that's when you quit or take a break.IMO stick to RL it's a better place instead of looking like a mindless zombie a the computer screen
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, the focus on PvP is very discouraging for a total PvE player like myself. Morai is sort of a motivation, but to see the lack of players BHing at low levels compared to how many used to is really disheartening. 5 years with newb levels, seeing them steadily get deserted really discourages you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nerexa - Morai
    Nerexa - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thats because to many players are high level and prefer to level alts with FC not BH's. Get to lvl 100 and u won't have problem getting BH squads.
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is getting there in the first place without FC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Its not just that really, my first character i ever made on pwi which is still my main since february of 2010, is 101. I barely ever seen fc except to actually do the quests I had.

2 of my alts, my cleric i leveled from 81 to 85 in fc... and my barb i leveled from 76 to 85 in fc... and that is where they will stay, never to use fc again for leveling... i have never bothered with any other in fc and dont really see myself doing so...

The main reason im not usually found on my alts is concentrating on my main takes a lot of time already... leveling is done with some things, like dailys from faction base, morai, crazy stones and bhs... while grinding for coin is done elsewhere on mobs that can be mass aoe'd for best results in the shortest time... there is no place to really accomplish both at the same time that im aware of...

when i do get back to my alts, ill not care about rushing them to the end game... i have my main which is the only character i do take somewhat seriously... the rest are more relaxing if and when i get to them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    It's a mmo they are all the same time wasters.You either play it or you don't and when it starts to feel like a job that's when you quit or take a break.IMO stick to RL it's a better place instead of looking like a mindless zombie a the computer screen

That's exactly what I do, if the game feels like I am doing a job, I just take a break. I would just play PWI when I have nothing else to do IRL. I'll install PWI once I get a new computer :).

I'll level my farmer and main to 100 I guess but not by doing FCs.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Pandapple - Raging Tide
    Pandapple - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's exactly what I do, if the game feels like I am doing a job, I just take a break.

That's the healthiest way to go about it. Too many people play games as if they were full time jobs, and then their real life ends up suffering for it.
    Kitty also known as Tsukyini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]