most active sever in the game?

sayamitsaki123
sayamitsaki123 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
same as title i want a play on any sever that is most active
sorry if these has been asked 100 times lol i just want to know these now because it might be up to date info and thank you ;D
Post edited by sayamitsaki123 on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of them. o_o.
    I honestly actually have no clue, but my guess would be one of the PvP servers? :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Judging by NW tokens available it's Archo->Heaven's Tear->Sanctuary->Dreamweaver->Raging Tide->Lost City. Not sure about Harshlands or Morai but they should be both low.

I think Archo being on top is a mistake since it's supposedly less populated, but the others seem correct. Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary are definitely well-populated.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're pretty balanced iirc. We had people post their NW numbers a few times and all were between 800-1200 except for the European servers, but that just got merged so it's prolly in the middle too.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It depends on your time zone. The server which looks most active is morai server - when you play when most europeans are online too.

I'm sure Lost City server has most accounts. It was once the most active server. And I'm pretty sure it's the server with most full R9 characters (several hundreds). But because of the huge difference in equipment, most people either stopped playing over the years or just play in instances only (too many RPKers are looking for a cheap kill, just to **** others off). That's why the open world looks more empty compared e.g. to morai server.

This game is "old" (games are getting old fast, offline games even faster). Not many people, which never played pwi before, will start playing this game. The major source of players are people which left (for any reason) and come back. That's why the Lost City server has the highest pool of people which come back time by time.

My back-of-the-envelope calculation for lc server:
    Every hardcore addict is at least online for 6h per day. On 2x drop and at weekends 12h for sure. 25% of the active population are hardcore addicts. Around 100 people are playing 16h per day. I don't call people "active" which play just 10h per month.

About 500 players (many with multiple accounts and bots) are online between 0:00 and 4am.
    About 300 players are online between 4am and 11am.
    About 600 players are online between 11am and 7pm
    About 800 players are online between 7pm and 12pm

15-30% more at weekends.

I am sure that more than 100k accounts exist just for Lost City server. The huge majority quits (for any reason) before they reach lvl 100 (it's almost impossible to find a nice new name for a new character, but GMs don't want to delete inactive accounts because they know that it's the only source of "new" people).

This game isn't (and was never) a mainstream game. Most of the "likes" on facebook are from fake accounts (GMs forced players very often in the past to create several accounts for more fb likes to enable 2x drop).
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There are no official numbers that have been released but general consensus says that the pvp servers (Lost City, Harshlands) and archosaur have the least amount of players. So just pick one of the others with the lowest ping :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no official numbers that have been released but general consensus says that the pvp servers (Lost City, Harshlands) and archosaur have the least amount of players. So just pick one of the others with the lowest ping :P

That's just the "general consensus" of the forum nerds, so very incestuous, and most likely just bs. Log in to servers and you will figure out more. I did it, for many years, on many accounts on many servers.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    That's just the "general consensus" of the forum nerds, so very incestuous, and most likely just bs. Log in to servers and you will figure out more. I did it, for many years, on many accounts on many servers.
    Actually, it's based on personal experiences, and actual facts from event activity. The PvP servers population is dwindling rapidly thanks to the power creep and other, more attractive, MMO's being released. Lost City was the only server that was unable to complete a long-standing event this last holiday season because of the lack of community involvement. If that doesn't shout of inactivity, I'm not sure what does. Archosaur barely completed the same event, but they did manage to get it done a couple of times thanks to larger factions hoarding the items.

Archosaur has long been known for it's low population. It had a slight burst from a lot of cash shoppers when it was initially released. That has largely dwindled though, and many of those people have gone back to their original servers. Why they haven't merged this server back into one of the others that share the same name database is beyond me.

I did LOL a bit at an earlier post that was basing server activity on prices of items. That's all supply and demand, and has very little to do with the active population.

Official numbers will likely never be released. But I think it would be interesting to add a population index on the server selection screen showing how many are online. Not that it would be a real accurate view on activity with all the catshops and dual-clienting, but it would be interesting. It would also be extremely easy to implement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no good way to guage a server population, but the following might help. Look at how many people take part in

1) monday event
    2) tuesday event
    3) wednesday event
    4) pk thursday event
    5) doing cube daily at different times
    6) people exiting tt
    7) people taking part in nw
    8) how many players take part in tw amongst the major factions on the server

Some servers only sees a spike in activity on the weekend for nw and tw, rest of the week is slim going. So might have to do some search.

Personally i play on sanctuary and i am fine with it. Lower levels how ever will have issues finding squads, players.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013
    Let's see here I have all the server cept morai's west district. West district is generally the more populated world map area. Archosaur seems the least populated, with HL and Lost not doing too bad either. Gotta remember to take into account that sanct's is just one giant densely populated splotch for some reason, no clue why they don't spread out.

Archosaur's west district
    Lost city
    Heavens T
    Harshlands
    Sanctuary
    Dreamweaver
    Raging Tide

I also checked out gold prices, and time it took in between wc. All the servers generally thought of as healthy had around the same amount of time in between wcs, and the similar gold prices. While everything was much cheaper/expensive on the servers considered dead.
    Lost City
    Gold Price= sell 1.988 buy 1.9
    Time between WC=9 seconds
    Archosuar
    Gold Price sell 1.049 buy 1.012
    Time between WC=6 seconds
    Sanct
    Gold Pirce sell 1.4mil buy 1.3mil
    time between wc=3
    HT
    Gold price sell 1.4 buy 1.35
    time between wc=4
    Raging Tide
    Gold price sell 1.585 buy 1.48
    time betwen wc=4
    Dreamweaver
    Gold price sell 1.448 buy 1.36
    time between wc=5
    Harshlands
    Gold price sell 1.75 buy 1.7
    time between wc 7

And finally, I've read a lot on these forums and heard many people's personal experiences. There are fewer posters form the pvp servers and from Archosaur. I think harshlands had a similar problem with that tellus event not too long ago. inability to complete events is a sign of smaller servers. -shrugs- People have been saying these things for years, enough time that I think the sample size is reasonable enough to come to those conclusions.

Now your numbers on the other hand, not sure where you got them from. But they don't make much sense to me, perhaps because I don't play lost city and it is in fact less populated than HT or DW. But they seem small from my experience.

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lost City
    ======================

Geez...

And after taking another month(almost 2) break, I can say that sanctuary looks.. smaller than the last time I played. Going to south city doesn't lag me to all hell and I could actually see the banker in south city. West is definitely lacking some cat shops. Hmm..
    edited May 2013
    Lost City
    ======================

Geez...

And after taking another month(almost 2) break, I can say that sanctuary looks.. smaller than the last time I played. Going to south city doesn't lag me to all hell and I could actually see the banker in south city. West is definitely lacking some cat shops. Hmm..
    It's 2x we're all in Warsong. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hocuspocus
    hocuspocus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Returning player here, would like to start a new char on a populated PVE server.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's 2x we're all in Warsong. b:chuckle

Oh I see, haha, well carry on then..
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Morai:

tiger event: 260 player
    nation war: 140 player per nation
    nation war token: 70.000
    goldprice: around 1.3 mil

2x and in warsong? sounds like a good idea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Nerexa - Morai
    Nerexa - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if u r european then morai
    us pve : DW
    us pvp: harshland

Basing this on market(more items in AH, better prices), how easy to find squads, amount of helpful people(DW seems to have most bored players that are willing to help with random bosses/bhs or w/e). Not sure if they actually are most populated, but i suggest those 3 for making new char. And yes, i have tried all servers.
  • rushhush
    rushhush Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SweetieBot please give me an analysis of active server population of all servers
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rushhush wrote: »
    SweetieBot please give me an analysis of active server population of all servers
    No.(5char)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

edited May 2013
    rushhush wrote: »
    No.(5char)
    hahaa you got trolled by a bot. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont matter which is more active, PVP servers are more fun :p
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And finally, I've read a lot on these forums and heard many people's personal experiences. There are fewer posters form the pvp servers and from Archosaur.

That's 'cause we're mostly playing the game instead of talking about it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013
    That's 'cause we're mostly playing the game instead of talking about it. b:chuckle

Other servers can do both, at the same time! At the same time! Like a boss.b:coolf:cool

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Other servers can do both, at the same time! At the same time! Like a boss.b:coolf:cool

venus = cleric = delta = forum troll b:shutup
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    on RT we seem to have a mix of 2 extremes. Some items people seem to be almost giving away There seems to be an effort to control the materials and herbs markets, pinning them down to a basic 3X markup to game (not player) value; while over the weekend I saw a Love: Up and Down Tome in a catshop for 800,000,000 coin.

Now I understand the theory that someone has it, and doesn't really want to sell it, but they will if someone will pay them that much; or, the guy was drunk and made a mistake. But, no matter how you slice the pie, balancing that with you having basic R9 for about 1,000,000,000 - which is only 200,000,000 more coin, its hardly worth that much.

It's good, but its not THAT good. b:chuckle

Can anybody's server beat that for outrageous price? (assuming its genuine) b:surrender

This is not a single incident. Numerous items are extremely cheap while others are breaking game player-price records. *is confused*
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    closed for necro

This discussion has been closed.