Gear questions...(G13-15-16)

Options
blaufox2411
blaufox2411 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
So first off even though my main is level 97. I'm pretty much a newbie to end game in PWI....

I have a few questions about what gear to get when I get to level 99-101....

I know theres these kind of gear...
G13-15-16 R8 R9 RRR9...

1. What is the order of strenght in those items?
2. Whats the difference between R9 and RRR9?
3. How and where can u make G13-15-16 items?
4. TT99 armor parts in order of strenght to what G(13-15-16) do they come close too?

Last question. I'm having TT90 gear, pretty bankrupt. I make some coins a day but not much...like 1 mill a day....is it smarter to go do some dungeon runs to get mats for those G gears?
And for which gear should I aim for early? Since I can level fast but not gain coin fast...
Post edited by blaufox2411 on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    First off you should go ahead and get level 100, making money is much easier at that point.

Generally it's TT90 < TT99 < R8 < G13/15 < R9 < G16 <<< R999

I don't know what class you are but a good cheap goal is G16 gear.

You start with either TT99 gear or Lunar gear (Lunar is more expensive but has the advantage of being tradeable, TT 99 gear is bound) and use either Uncanny crystals for armor or Rapture crystals for weapons to make G13 and then G15 at the Nirvana forges near City of Raging Tides.

Uncanny and Rapture crystals are much cheaper than they used to be, or you can do Nation Wars on Friday and Sunday nights and convert the tokens you get there into these.

For G16 gear you need a mold from either Warsong or Lunar runs and large numbers of badges from the same runs. You should have no trouble doing these runs once you have TT99 or better gear.

Rank 8 gear is pretty weak nowadays, and Rank 8 recast is a complete waste of money unless you need a special effect like -interval on chestpiece or something.

Rank 9 requires large amounts of real life money to be spent or extremely good merchanting skills which I'm guessing you don't have since you're broke. You upgrade it to R99 with lots of Uncanny and Rapture crystals and to R999 with molds and badges similar to the G16.
  • blaufox2411
    blaufox2411 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thanks for ur reply....few more questions rise from that

I'm a seeker btw...

And why is it much easier to make money after u get level 100?
    I mean the BH 100 quests can give u money, but besides that?

Well the last few weeks i've been making money and spend pretty much every single coin on reputation points...got 72k now...and no i dont use real life money...

prob is just that im feeling stuck atm, cuz i need like 60 more million for 300k rep, or 30 mill for G16 item parts ;p

ok heres the part I dont get.....I just checked some stuff up...

If you take a heavy chest piece for example
    TT99 gives u
    phys def / mag def
    1686/725
    If you go to those forges, u can make a nirvana lion heart armor out of that
    1569 / 671
    So your going down.....i mean the faq? upgrade means going up :D
    So nirvana lion heart is G13?
    After that u can craft it into a regular Lion heart ......its the same stats...just higher adds...
    Is that the G15?

new question: do you need blacksmith/tailor skill for any of this?
    Because the TT99 is bound, if I would craft it on my other toon(who has crafting) and then make it bound on my seeker again...I could never make it to G13 again.....no the toons arent on the same account....
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Items say "grade rank xx" That is what we talk about.

TT99 is G12
    Then you can upgrade it -> G13 -> G15 -> G16
    Dont know if there is any point where they go down in defences or whatever. Might be.
    Instead of TT99, you can also make Lunar items G13 and upgrade those to G15. They are better than the TT versions and unbound. They both upgrade to the same G16 item, and the only difference remaining is that those made from TT99 will have the bind on equip status while those made from lunar dont.

The G12 or G13 stats arent too much of an issue though except for the specific case of APS chars who are forced to wear it. Otherwise, the cost of upgrading to G15 is so low that there is little reason to not do so immeadiately.

You speak about 30 or 60m and about r9. That doesnt mix. It would be rediculous now to go R9 but not upgrade it to r9.3. A full set of r9.3 costs you something between 1,5 and 2 billion. And that is before refining and sharding. If you think that is an absolutely rediculous amount of money that you are never going to have, then go G16.

You need the smithing skills to upgrade to g13 and G15. You can get an account stash and move your bound equipment from one character to the other within your account. It is better though to get Lunar equipment. Espescially if you think you might someday in the distant future swich to r9 after all. Then you can sell the G16.

As for the money making. The BH helps of course at an average value of 850k per day. (on my server) and the cube allows you to get COGs at an average profit of 1,5m per cube or so. Luminance order allows you to do it twice.
    This is the basic money making methods available for every class and equipment level.
    Depending on class and equipment you can do things like TT runs, Lunar runs, sell FC rooms, sell TM runs, get lots of tokens out of NW.