G13 claw-G16 Claw

2»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was not going to say anything until I heard someone said demon cyclone is worthless. It is not. If you're rank 9 and want to use fist sometimes in pvp then with demon cyclone you only need 2.50 base aps (switch 3 pieces of gear) to reach 3.33 while for sage you need 2.86 aps base (switch 4 pieces of gear) to reach 3.33. That means sage requires 1 additional aps gear...which takes away the +100 strength bonus from rank 9.

This is kinda....ridiculously build dependent and impractical.

Also time consuming, nobody fully cast cyclone even to go from 4.0 to 5.0 because the time spent using the skill essentially negates the increased damage.

You'd gain more damage (and a lot more chi) by swapping into full interval for 5.0 base or 4.0 + WS in less time.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is kinda....ridiculously build dependent and impractical.

Also time consuming, nobody fully cast cyclone even to go from 4.0 to 5.0 because the time spent using the skill essentially negates the increased damage.

You'd gain more damage (and a lot more chi) by swapping into full interval for 5.0 base or 4.0 + WS in less time.

I have 3 current "stages" of gear swaps as I continue to reroll my r8r chest and hunt double int G16s. Right now I have the standard -.05 claws, tome, tt99 LA wrist/boots, tt99 HA belt/chest, vana pants, as well as full r9t3 for tanking/pulls.

So:
    ~Full r9t3 for pulls and most pvp.
    ~r9t3 chest/belt/boots but swap to vana pants and tt99 wrists for -.15 int and still keep 100 bonus. This gives great dph (554 str) but 3.33 aps when cycloned. Good for cleaning up the last few mobs or gaining chi in pk while keeping good defenses.
    ~Full aps setup. Apsing bosses or easy mobs if less than 3 or 4. Also great for barbs/seekers in pk for highest dps and keeping chi up, as long as no one else is around.

And since I'm only 2.5 with 3 pieces r9t3 the demon cyclone makes a difference in my aps over lvl 10/sage cyclone and does have a good purpose.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I have 3 current "stages" of gear swaps as I continue to reroll my r8r chest and hunt double int G16s. Right now I have the standard -.05 claws, tome, tt99 LA wrist/boots, tt99 HA belt/chest, vana pants, as well as full r9t3 for tanking/pulls.

So:
    ~Full r9t3 for pulls and most pvp.
    ~r9t3 chest/belt/boots but swap to vana pants and tt99 wrists for -.15 int and still keep 100 bonus. This gives great dph (554 str) but 3.33 aps when cycloned. Good for cleaning up the last few mobs or gaining chi in pk while keeping good defenses.
    ~Full aps setup. Apsing bosses or easy mobs if less than 3 or 4. Also great for barbs/seekers in pk for highest dps and keeping chi up, as long as no one else is around.

And since I'm only 2.5 with 3 pieces r9t3 the demon cyclone makes a difference in my aps over lvl 10/sage cyclone and does have a good purpose.

Eh

I just cant see the point of getting things that have no impact on endgame sets.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eh

I just cant see the point of getting things that have no impact on endgame sets.

Referring to? The R9t3 set? The r8r recast chest? The G16 claws?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Referring to? The R9t3 set? The r8r recast chest? The G16 claws?

referring to -.05 on claws chest.

referring to 2 seconds to cyclone + restun overlap time loss only giving chi/damage boost over axes on 2nd stun in chain. Referring to standing still in squad pvp preforming the equivalent of a loony tunes windup punch.

referring just killing the bugger with 5.0 wind shield giving better survivability even with aps set and WAAAAY higher damage. Yes, higher survivability even with 3 set R999. By losing r999 chest you dump 5% hp add the highest base stats of any of your gear and a ton of hp/mag res. By comparison swapping into boots/pants as well is hardly a loss since they're probably refined higher atm. 4 Set R999 with -.1 claws is debatable survival wise but the damage/chi gain difference is still harsh.

referring to drake sweep+aps gear swap taking less time for mob cleanup. (Demon highland would be ideal here if they fixed it but meh)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    referring to -.05 on claws chest.

referring to 2 seconds to cyclone + restun overlap time loss only giving chi/damage boost over axes on 2nd stun in chain. Referring to standing still in squad pvp preforming the equivalent of a loony tunes windup punch.

referring just killing the bugger with 5.0 wind shield giving better survivability even with aps set and WAAAAY higher damage. Yes, higher survivability even with 3 set R999. By losing r999 chest you dump 5% hp add the highest base stats of any of your gear and a ton of hp/mag res. By comparison swapping into boots/pants as well is hardly a loss since they're probably refined higher atm. 4 Set R999 with -.1 claws is debatable survival wise but the damage/chi gain difference is still harsh.

referring to drake sweep+aps gear swap taking less time for mob cleanup. (Demon highland would be ideal here if they fixed it but meh)

This kinda makes me want to giggle at you, considering you harrassed me about not CCing when we did some TT-duo runs even after I explained the boosted efficiency was not worth the effort expended. CC was fun when there might have been a point; Sanctuary's scared high levels to PvP until they out-geared everyone killed the enjoyment of it though.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    This kinda makes me want to giggle at you, considering you harrassed me about not CCing when we did some TT-duo runs even after I explained the boosted efficiency was not worth the effort expended. CC was fun when there might have been a point; Sanctuary's scared high levels to PvP until they out-geared everyone killed the enjoyment of it though.

Eh CC was pretty noticeable increase in damage to me. I does like to optimize runs.

And ya, the mentality of "Omg I lost brb on my full+12 main to try and camp you" kinda ruins non endgame pvp.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i got my old pair strikes and my new set of peaks with -5 int . I wont stop rolling fist till i get -5 int x2-3 but fist on pause for now till i finish current project.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i got my old pair strikes and my new set of peaks with -5 int . I wont stop rolling fist till i get -5 int x2-3 but fist on pause for now till i finish current project.
    b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • rafovski96
    rafovski96 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how much a claw g16 hit more or less??
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rafovski96 wrote: »
    how much a claw g16 hit more or less??

Your best bet, google search. When G16 came out, there were quite a few detailed math threads comparing damage across weapons, classes etc. That will answer all your questions about damage.