Classic UI - Mail - faulty 10-char-length restriction

Clergywoman - Raging Tide
Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Quality Corner
the new emerald ui is pretty and has some improvements. but many people prefer the classic ui due to some advantages, like closer placed shortcut-slots. i noticed today that it is impossible to send an in-game-email to someone, if the name of the recipient exceeds 10 characters (no matter if one types or pastes the name of the recipient). names in pwi can be up to 12 chars long, the mail-recipient-string in the classic ui is limited to 10 chars tho. f:ouch
gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
Post edited by Clergywoman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    The classic UI is being weaned out of the client. That you can use it currently is more of a fluke than anything. It's not supported, and it's likely going to disappear completely with the next change to the emerald UI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The classic UI is being weaned out of the client. That you can use it currently is more of a fluke than anything. It's not supported, and it's likely going to disappear completely with the next change to the emerald UI.
    This hits the nail on the head.
    While we don't actively discourage use of the old UI, there are no plans to support it either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been unable to use the old UI due to the mail restriction, but honestly if I could I would. Every single time they upgrade the UI I lose more screen space. Do you have to keep making things bigger and bigger?

If you aren't going to support the old UI, then please keep in mind some people play on a machine with a small screen, and the more you fill it with junk the harder/less appealing it becomes to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been unable to use the old UI due to the mail restriction, but honestly if I could I would. Every single time they upgrade the UI I lose more screen space. Do you have to keep making things bigger and bigger?

If you aren't going to support the old UI, then please keep in mind some people play on a machine with a small screen, and the more you fill it with junk the harder/less appealing it becomes to play.

My last monitor was one of the giant 20 pound (and almost just as old) ones with a really small screen, and the UI was so big on it that the mini-map extension with the coords covered almost half the top portion of the screen... which blocked the majority of monster/player HP boxes [so I'd always have to click the visible portion of that box to bring it to the top of the pile] OTL so I agree absoluteily.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Press U > Ui Size mark it.

Tho, with UI Size on, your color pickers will all go mad...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Press U > Ui Size mark it.

Tho, with UI Size on, your color pickers will all go mad...

I did that as soon as I found out it was an option. It honestly doesn't size things down all that much. Not enough to be helpful when every new change makes things bigger again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    This hits the nail on the head.
    While we don't actively discourage use of the old UI, there are no plans to support it either.
    then can we submit user-made patches for it? it's a simple fix. and if PWI won't support it, why not let fellow players do so?

but it's absolutely stupid PWI has no plans to support features inside the client. Who's bright idea was it to not support the classic UI especially since it's so easy to access? And isn't anywhere as near bugged as the "supported" emerald UI

not to mention the classic UI isn't as bugged as the emerald UI. like the map blocking map clicks.. (this happens in w2i as well tough)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    then can we submit user-made patches for it? it's a simple fix. and if PWI won't support it, why not let fellow players do so?

but it's absolutely stupid PWI has no plans to support features inside the client. Who's bright idea was it to not support the classic UI especially since it's so easy to access?

not to mention the classic UI isn't as bugged as the emerald UI. like the map blocking map clicks.. (this happens in w2i as well tough)

As useful as they might be, I'm quite sure this is not allowed.
    I remember having a CM answer for it but not quite sure where...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    As useful as they might be, I'm quite sure this is not allowed.
    I remember having a CM answer for it but not quite sure where...

then they should fix it, people are using it.. and it's REALLY simple..
    <EDIT Name="Txt_MailTo" x="79" y="68" Width="120" Height="21" MaxLen="10">

should be
    <EDIT Name="Txt_MailTo" x="79" y="68" Width="120" Height="21" MaxLen="12">

yes, it's THAT simple. there's just a few references to this in the client and those are 5 second fixes
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    then they should fix it, people are using it.. and it's REALLY simple..
    <EDIT Name="Txt_MailTo" x="79" y="68" Width="120" Height="21" MaxLen="10">

should be
    <EDIT Name="Txt_MailTo" x="79" y="68" Width="120" Height="21" MaxLen="12">

yes, it's THAT simple. there's just a few references to this in the client and those are 5 second fixes
    You and I are both well versed on a lot of the "simple" fixes that Wanmei refuses to utilize.b:chuckle

I do agree that would be nice if we could get permission to edit the mapping on the old UI though, for simple fixes like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    only reason we won't is they're in interfaces.pck

but editing it ourselves won't matter much, they haven't banned anyone for any glitch in the game yet. And glitches are much more important than fixing the client's UI issues.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Well PWE...?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You and I are both well versed on a lot of the "simple" fixes that Wanmei refuses to utilize.b:chuckle

I do agree that would be nice if we could get permission to edit the mapping on the old UI though, for simple fixes like this.

According to some spectacularly dense people on this forum (not staff), the coding is "just too hard" for the devs, so it's okay to have bugs and long wait times for fixes.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    well, the emerald UI bug I can see. it's one that's not coded correctly. the classic UI is perfectly fine, and just needs updated for this version