Bishop Boss

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
Anyone have any tips for soloing the bishop boss in FC? He remains the only boss I cant solo. Should I use axes and continuously AOE to kill bishops or use my claws and just switch to the bishop and kill it then switch back to the boss? any input is extremely helpful
Thanks! b:thanks
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    depends on your claws, if ure 5.0 with CV claws +10 u should b able to solo before bishop spawns.
    Make sure u have cloud eruption and tangling mire on your genie. Then, spark (make sure u got 3.99 sparks), use cloud eruption, then dragon, them mire...and its game.

If that doesnt work, use spark macro, and after the second spark wait till bishop spawns and domain and kill bishop. then resume spark macro.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bishops should take you about 2 seconds to kill if you're 5 aps with decent claws. Don't let them stack.

Set chat to general chat. Go in, triple spark and use a debuff or two but don't triple spark again. Wait till you see his shout, wait 1 second, then triple spark to resist the purge. Tab target while triple sparking to the bishop, kill, back to boss. Should be dead before second spark ends.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    im level 96 and using deicides 1.82 aps unsparked 2.5 sparked triple spark cloud eruption HF attack does a lot but not enough to kill him. should i use claws and switch back and forth?

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soloing at 1.82 isnt really viable

you can spark resist purge

bishops should be a joke once you get decent gear
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    I can solo the rest of FC but him with no problems its just annoying to ask a higher leveled friend to come and kill one boss while i can solo the rest

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup, but the rest of FC doesnt do anything, even if you barely do damage its just a matter of patience. As a lvl 90 barb with TT90 axes i could theoretically also solo FC except for the bisshop boss if i wanted to. I didnt do it though because it would take too long :p (i always kept thinking of doing so though)

When bosses are gonna do stuff that you want to spark resist, the aps is needed. I immagine though that it should still be possible. Answer to your question is very definately focus on the bisshop. Since you can only spark resist like once every 40 seconds, maybe you can supplement it with genie skills and apoth and still succeed.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im level 96 and using deicides 1.82 aps unsparked 2.5 sparked triple spark cloud eruption HF attack does a lot but not enough to kill him. should i use claws and switch back and forth?

We've had discussions in the forums about the triple spark->cloud eruption->HF combo with varying opinions.

First, is your HF demon? 3 extra seconds makes a huge difference when you're HFing yourself. I don't use the trip spark+HF combo when I'm soloing because I get almost the same damage with triple spark + tangling mire. The 3spark + HF combo is amazing in a squad, but a waste of chi and genie alone. There's a slight boost to damage when soloing but not 5 sparks worth and like I said its about the same as using TM only TM doesn't use sparks or empty your genie.

Id stick with using cloud eruption to keep triple sparked. Keep CE at level 1, get a decent regen genie, and you'll basically be perma sparked. Combo that with either Tangling Mire or Extreme Poison. EP is better for 1v1 damage and more spammable but dex based (CE is str based). TM is great for BMs because of our physical aoes. TM also glitches accuracy to 100% for the duration of the boss so you get a continuous 5-10% dps boost from that. Its strength based, but it has a 30 second coodlown.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    oh yes. :) I see i was talking bull****. Offence is the best defence, use that genie to keep sparking instead of defending yourself b:victory (Its good to know that saku will always come to the resque when i am sending people the wrong way b:pleased)
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should learn to save and time 3 spark when bishops spawn, or if that's to tricky, use AD and next time, sutras.. it rly suxz to be purged at that boss, so wasting a apoth is worth saving a full buff imo...
    But ofc the best is to time the 3 spark 2-3 sec after the bishop spawns, then quickly kill bishop and back to focusing on the boss..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I learnt something after a long time. I am a stingy player, don't use pots, charms, apoc, etc.

When i learnt about magic def charms b:victory. The game became easy mode. Some bosses i still can't do, but most bosses die easily, it takes patience to farm the chi stones though. Otherwise those def charms get very expensive.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    I learnt something after a long time. I am a stingy player, don't use pots, charms, apoc, etc.

When i learnt about magic def charms b:victory. The game became easy mode. Some bosses i still can't do, but most bosses die easily, it takes patience to farm the chi stones though. Otherwise those def charms get very expensive.

in my vieuw something farmed that could be sold is exactly as expensive as if you bought it. Its kinda like living in the US, getting 1o euros every day and then end of the year buying a europese product for 3000 euros and saying its free because it was euros instead of dollars anyway. You could have changed the euros for dollars just as you could have changed the stones for coins.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in my vieuw something farmed that could be sold is exactly as expensive as if you bought it. Its kinda like living in the US, getting 1o euros every day and then end of the year buying a europese product for 3000 euros and saying its free because it was euros instead of dollars anyway. You could have changed the euros for dollars just as you could have changed the stones for coins.

I would do that with most items, but chi stones get expensive so i keep a stock pile of 8~15k to use every 6~12 months. Takes me 2~4 days to get 32~50k, i split them 3 ways with friends. We farm it together.