Is this game still broken?

Options
IDecision - Raging Tide
IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Hello all, i quit playing in 2011 or so. I was curious if the whole aps thing is still the main tank/dps/healing standard...
Post edited by IDecision - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Nope.
    You've missed a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Its still viable, but not quite as dominant as it was before - especially with the death of Nirvana thanks to Nation Wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Its still viable, but not quite as dominant as it was before - especially with the death of Nirvana thanks to Nation Wars.

Wow, sounds like i have missed alot! The death of nirvana huh... hm. Maybe ill give it another go.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hope you like pvp.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    APS is still pretty much king in PvE.

PvP it is "balanced" by more OP stuff :)
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    APS is still pretty much king in PvE.

PvP it is "balanced" by more OP stuff :)

Oh.. i see nvm then. I dont feel like selling my car to afford r13 or whatever its up too now lol. Guess ill just leave this game in the past. Thanks for the responses, take care.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Oh.. i see nvm then. I dont feel like selling my car to afford r13 or whatever its up too now lol. Guess ill just leave this game in the past. Thanks for the responses, take care.

Its only R9 yet :)
    of you want to be competing with the best, yes its going to cost you your car. If however you are ok being mediocre, it is nowadays very easy to get G16 gear. And even at this level where you dont have the new more OP stuff, i believe APS is not too much an issue in pvp. Those who sold their car are the issue in pvp i think :p (but i dont pvp so...)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    What if you sold someone else's car to get your r9? b:cute
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

That would be a bad act xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Its only R9 yet :)
    of you want to be competing with the best, yes its going to cost you your car. If however you are ok being mediocre, it is nowadays very easy to get G16 gear. And even at this level where you dont have the new more OP stuff, i believe APS is not too much an issue in pvp. Those who sold their car are the issue in pvp i think :p (but i dont pvp so...)

The last time I read something like this was 2 years ago, and I laughed so freaking hard.
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    due to the insanely op new gear, pve is completely broken; any class can solo anything. hapry or a worldboss that requred half a faction back in the day, can be killed by just one cleric e.g.

endgame pvp on the other hand is suprprisingly balanced, IF you have decently shaded/refined r9 recast. anything below that has little to no chance to survive a hit.
    as for the broken aps, you can still get a free kill when you manage to stealth aps an aa or la, but that's about it. if the target hits ad in time or if there are more than 1 opponents you'll die instantly due to the defensive limitations of an aps set versus r9. that is why you will not find any aps sins at endgame anymore. zerk crits of a full r9rr sin in chill of deep hits like truck convoy. combined with tidal protection, unlimited chi and stunlocks, sins are still very very dangerous. sins are not a faceroll class anymore, they require skill now. f:stare
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    due to the insanely op new gear, pve is completely broken; any class can solo anything. hapry or a worldboss that requred half a faction back in the day, can be killed by just one cleric e.g.

I have yet to see anyone solo faction trials so far, but like I mentioned in another thread, no one seems to do that anymore because MUH REWARDS.
    b:bye
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This game is beyond broken now. What took me 4yrs of play someone can now Plvl in a week and then charge there credit card to win. Im never gonna spend a dime again on this game and sickened at how PW has treated there customers. Aside from the odd BH and NW i find myself playing other games more often now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear
    AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The game can be fun and quite stressful to be honest. There are a lot of plvl characters, r9 has become the ultimate OP, people still rage and whatnot over every little thing. Eh, same old same old almost lol. But some people have beat the odds. There are still a few things kind of fun to do in the game. Nw is kind of fun when everyone's not having a cow about losing or not having everyone r9. Playing with friends at times takes the stress off and you can goof off and whatnot. Bunch of new fashion (if you're a fashionista and care to know. if not, ignore this statement lol). And yes, Nirvana has died because some people complained about Nw taking its slot (although I still don't see why some won't do it at least during the week. Nw's just two days during the weekend X.x). But anywho, game's still kind of the same: stressful at times, fun at times with friends, and annoying at times with the whiners. So, if you want to come back and give it another shot, do so. If you think it's not worth it, well, can't blame you at times lol.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I like the game now a lot better than I did a few years ago.

It's changed quite a bit, you should give it another go.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Game is horrifically broken

Still fun though
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This game is beyond broken now. What took me 4yrs of play someone can now Plvl in a week and then charge there credit card to win. Im never gonna spend a dime again on this game and sickened at how PW has treated there customers. Aside from the odd BH and NW i find myself playing other games more often now.
    Nice to see they pay mods to comb every post for anyone mentioning other games yet PW doesn't do anything about how broken this game is. I don't blame the mod for doing there job but its pathetic watching PW rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Sadly i said the same thing last year yet PW didn't learn there lesson.

For all the friends I've played with in these past 4yrs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLcZ5Rk3Lg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have yet to see anyone solo faction trials so far, but like I mentioned in another thread, no one seems to do that anymore because MUH REWARDS.
    b:bye

I don't have any videos or anything but I know it has been done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    due to the insanely op new gear, pve is completely broken

People act like the game is 10% PVE and 90% PVP, so who cares if PVE is easy?
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    only 1 part of the game is broken.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    its just surprising how many pple dont know how to farm in this game and think charging is the only option to compete >.> its like the fcc noobs are suddenly realizing they cant buy endgame gear like they could head rooms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That would be a bad act xD

Well, what if someone else sold your car to get them a R9 set, but people still think you did it yourself????f:ponder

{f:grin}

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I personally believe the company is doing something wrong if they have this much negative feedback from its consumers.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I sold all of my PWRD stocks when they were around $30 each.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I personally believe the company is doing something wrong if they have this much negative feedback from its consumers.

Go to any game's forum. Gamers QQ everywhere. Ye maybe a little less in some and a little more in others, but i find it hard to judge a game by the customers QQ. Even when i played the greatest game made in human history (starcraft 1, not chess) i was amazed to see people complaining on the forums all the time.

Its that same problem as people claiming nerfed drop rates you know. The happy people you dont hear. The unhappy ones shout their lungs out.

Regardless, i hope they will add PvE content that is challenging for our G16 /APS Gears :)
    And maybe some PvP that gives just enough reward to draw enough people, where you fight in balanced teams and is available 24/7.
    Problem with that G16 instance is, what are we gonna get out of it ? G17? (while they make R10 for CSers) And then i guess it wont be challenging anymore :p
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Regardless, i hope they will add PvE content that is challenging for our G16 /APS Gears :)

Oh really? I could have sworn I have seen treasure hunting bosses (ones that drop chrono page) that bramble themselves made APS toons suicide easily. I guess you didn't try going for those quests f:laugh

@ The OP, just forget about the game, because PWE likes to bring gear more overpowered than the last ones with a higher price meaning you have to wait for a while, CS, getting billions are not possible in like half a month like liars on this forum say (for endgame gears). Just play uno with your friends or something, because it will become in vain once you get the equipment because people like these overpowered gear for even PVE.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    its just surprising how many pple dont know how to farm in this game and think charging is the only option to compete >.> its like the fcc noobs are suddenly realizing they cant buy endgame gear like they could head rooms

Yeah farm what? DQ's? Yeah good luck getting enough coin farming dq's to get anything. Crafting mats? Sure if you make alts and keep them around those lvl's by feeding genies exp and that's only if you want to try mercing. TT? Sure if you have a class that can farm it or freinds that still play this game that are willing to go with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Let me make this easy for all of you:

TT- drop is very very low and from all 6 people what chance you have to take gold? Maybe after 20 runs..
    BH- all about luck
    FC- no one buy's anymore heads this day's
    Farm DQ- are you kidding?
    Farm herbs - who the hell buy that? Even if you sell it take hours to farm and cost very very low
    FWS- no one buy's mold or craft service anymore not to say weapons T3 cost 50 mil less then you spend to make ....
    NW- the prices for raps and canny's go so low that it is not worth the trouble, not to say only idiots spend 5 mil on HP charms lol

Put real money in game --R9 in 10 minutes lol
    That is what the game is about......There are more but i am to lazy now.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Let me make this easy for all of you:

TT- drop is very very low and from all 6 people what chance you have to take gold? Maybe after 20 runs..
    BH- all about luck
    FC- no one buy's anymore heads this day's
    Farm DQ- are you kidding?
    Farm herbs - who the hell buy that? Even if you sell it take hours to farm and cost very very low
    FWS- no one buy's mold or craft service anymore not to say weapons T3 cost 50 mil less then you spend to make ....
    NW- the prices for raps and canny's go so low that it is not worth the trouble, not to say only idiots spend 5 mil on HP charms lol

Put real money in game --R9 in 10 minutes lol
    That is what the game is about......There are more but i am to lazy now.

noob.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    noob.

U are the noob one as I can see...Why am I noob cuz i am right?
    kids....b:laugh
    Now i see why game broken cuz of idiots like Panda lol