When is the RANKING going to be fix?

abooboo
abooboo Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
its been a long time i can't see the ranking..
Post edited by abooboo on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Never. Too many hands in the bucket of bolts. Plus you've got restrictions in place by Wanmei that prevent our Dev's from being successful at fixing just about anything.

Besides, the ranking is essentially worthless at this point anyway, even if the data was correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never. Too many hands in the bucket of bolts. Plus you've got restrictions in place by Wanmei that prevent our Dev's from being successful at fixing just about anything.

Besides, the ranking is essentially worthless at this point anyway, even if the data was correct.

Sylen, I've read a number of your posts and you seem to be very knowledgeable about the game, I'm curious how you've learned so much about it (easy example being the restrictions in place by Wanmei.. I wouldn't have any idea where to get that kind of info).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Sylen, I've read a number of your posts and you seem to be very knowledgeable about the game, I'm curious how you've learned so much about it (easy example being the restrictions in place by Wanmei.. I wouldn't have any idea where to get that kind of info).
    I talk to GM's. I've even contacted China directly. Sometimes I even get invited to test new instances and ideas on the dev/beta servers.

I've been GM/Dev/Support for many games since way back when Meridian59 was in the Alpha phase. (Google that why don't you? =) ) I also have a lot of first-hand knowledge with the client files and server files (Up to server version 1.4.5 that is, but I personally don't run past 1.4.4.) I've become pretty familiar with what it takes to get things working between the databases, the game data, and the website interfaces. It can be a real headache just on the basics.
    But then you add on that the PWE dev's, for the most part, aren't allowed to make the simplest changes and edits to the data on the server. On top of that, the encoding that they use on the website, isn't 100% compatible with the encoding that's in place on the server, and you complicate matters even more. That's not even taking into account the transition data takes from the Linux server to whatever the Web server are running.

Personally, I'm amazed that they ever even tried to add PWI to CORE, even now, most of the features don't work properly, or take forever to update because of the slow process handling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I talk to GM's. I've even contacted China directly. Sometimes I even get invited to test new instances and ideas on the dev/beta servers.

I've been GM/Dev/Support for many games since way back when Meridian59 was in the Alpha phase. (Google that why don't you? =) ) I also have a lot of first-hand knowledge with the client files and server files (Up to server version 1.4.5 that is, but I personally don't run past 1.4.4.) I've become pretty familiar with what it takes to get things working between the databases, the game data, and the website interfaces. It can be a real headache just on the basics.
    But then you add on that the PWE dev's, for the most part, aren't allowed to make the simplest changes and edits to the data on the server. On top of that, the encoding that they use on the website, isn't 100% compatible with the encoding that's in place on the server, and you complicate matters even more. That's not even taking into account the transition data takes from the Linux server to whatever the Web server are running.

Personally, I'm amazed that they ever even tried to add PWI to CORE, even now, most of the features don't work properly, or take forever to update because of the slow process handling.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing :)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abooboo wrote: »
    its been a long time i can't see the ranking..

Approximately in 5 years b:thanks (sarcasm) I don't think anyone knows.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the top right where you sign in/out at, change the language to German.

Done.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    US page ranking haven't been working properly for years. If you want to check the rankings change language to German or French. For some odd reason, the EU server website ranking seem to work fine just about all the time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    US page ranking haven't been working properly for years. If you want to check the rankings change language to German or French. For some odd reason, the EU server website ranking seem to work fine just about all the time.

I'm stalking you, hence why I must say gratz on 105<3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm stalking you, hence why I must say gratz on 105<3

Thanks b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★