Account Creation

trayz
trayz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Support Desk
This isnt for me but for friends that cannot make an account
also sorry if wrong forum didnt know where to post it

Everytime they try to make an account they get 3 errors no matter what they put or do

1. Account name is invailed
2. Emails do not match
3. Password do not match

I have even tryed to make it for them and i gt the samething everytime i try

Yes the emails do match. Ive also tryed typeing them in 3 diffrent ways

1. All lower
2. All caps
3. Exactly the way they made the email and ive been sending emails to them for over 5 years

again no matter what got the message emails do not match

Yes the password does match again ive tryed it several ways

1. All caps
2. All lower
3. Caps and lower
4. All letters
5. All numbers
6. At the end and gettiong agrovated i even tryed 111111 (6. ones since 6 is the min number required) didnt work said didnt match

As for the account names ive tryed countless names as did they again got nothing but invailed account name
Post edited by trayz on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    What browser are you guys using? Chrome seems to work best.
    Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies?
    Are you using any characters that aren't on a standard US 101-key keyboard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SirLancalot - Heavens Tear
    SirLancalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Firefox for the browser

them im not sure prolly firefox aswel if not internet explorer

As for the letters/numbers

like the password just to see if it would even go through ive tryed the same letter over and over example

ttttttttttttttttttt

as an account name and password

as for the email layout for an example

Jack_Tyler9203@yahoo.com
    jack_tyler9203@yahoo.com
    JACK_TYLER9203@yahoo.com

thats not a vaild email but as said for example as for the layout of how there emails are they have Caps numbers and _ in them

Also didnt think of trying to clear the catch and cookis will try that now will also try with IE since i only tryed with Firefox (i dont use google and wont use it lol)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Considering that FireFox and IE have some of the highest error rates with pages of the available browsers, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use Google Chrome. I mean, it's leaner than IE or Firefox, it's faster, and the only reason IE even got better after version 7 was because they copied functions from Chrome.

Not harping at you, but just curious as to why you would purposely avoid one of the best browsers out there and use two of the worst. (Although truly, Opera is even worse than Firefox.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    still didnt work btw after clearing the catch and cookies and tryed on IE samething it wont except any emails at all just kepts saying they dont match even copying and pasting them both doesnt work...

As for the reasons behind avoiding Google

There 1-2years? ago when firefox banned everything from google from there browsers and the privacy intrusions google was accused of doing (was posted on MSN and MBC news around the time) Google was said to be spying on ppls computers (not sure what happened after that doesnt seem like it went far but still ever since never used and wont lol
    edited May 2013
    ok

After an hour of trying lol and Trying 2 diffrent versions of IE and trying 3 Diffrent versions of Firefox finaly got it to work. Had to use an older version of Firefox
  • Katinas - Momaganon
    Katinas - Momaganon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same happened to me today. I couldn't create an account, forum name was always taken, I have tried using firefox, opera AND chrome browsers but the error persisted.