Hey, Adroit

Options
mynameiswizy
mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Wizard
Hey adroit,
I have something to ask you but I cant find how to do it..
so I create this post..

1) Can u tell me a different ? how far the different between 80 def rank and 100 def rank?
(I mean it is about your gear change)
http://pwcalc.com/9eba96d95a08c7aa
http://pwcalc.com/b446d44c662db1bb
how worth is it?

2)why u choose a wiz? I mean convince me, why I choose it to be my priority class in this game f:grin

3) How can u farm as a wiz? I got my wiz into lvl 10x than.. yeah I dont know what to do b:cute

I like your playstyle it is like a master of magic playing her spell in her field b:chuckle
sorry if my english is BAD
THannkYou b:thanks
Post edited by mynameiswizy on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hey adroit,
    I have something to ask you but I cant find how to do it..
    so I create this post..

1) Can u tell me a different ? how far the different between 80 def rank and 100 def rank?
    (I mean it is about your gear change)
    http://pwcalc.com/9eba96d95a08c7aa
    http://pwcalc.com/b446d44c662db1bb
    how worth is it?

2)why u choose a wiz? I mean convince me, why I choose it to be my priority class in this game f:grin

3) How can u farm as a wiz? I got my wiz into lvl 10x than.. yeah I dont know what to do b:cute

I like your playstyle it is like a master of magic playing her spell in her field b:chuckle
    sorry if my english is BAD
    THannkYou b:thanks

1. The extra defense level from the last few josds was actually very noticeable, definitely a worthwhile investment. Although this is just about best case scenario.. if I were fighting an opponent with 108 atk level.. with full josd they would do "normal damage" (100%) and when I was at 84 defense level, they would have done an 24% extra damage (124%). JOSDs are amazing :P

2. I just love the playstyle for wizards, being the person that can drop all the big targets is a lot of fun. With undine + genie spark, you can seemingly randomly decide to make your next hit huge (making charm bypasses extremely easy).. I kinda think of it like a magical zerk crit where you can choose when it works. On top of that, with blink + dex genie + stone barrier + purify wep.. end game wizards are very slippery and can make it out of a lot of situations alive. Comparing wizards to our most related class, psychics, we have the potential to hit much harder, they can be a little more tanky in certain situations.. but their survival is much costlier than ours, white voodoo means their atk is poo, their phs immune costs a spark etc etc, and in many cases wizards simply survive better due to higher pdef, blink, and ability to ninja drop someone that is harassing you. I'm not really sure I can convince anybody else to make a wiz, it is all personal preference and what you prefer in game, but I told you a few of the things I love about wizzies.. hope it answered your question :P

3. I don't really farm as a wizard, there are a lot of instances where wizards are wanted (SoT Trophy, warsong, lunar, GV, PV, AEU), mostly for luring instances with a purify wep or aoe stuff.. but there aren't many good money making instances for a wizard. You would probably be better off making a few alts if you wanted to farm, and if that was not possible.. might want to look into merching or throwing some money at the game.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • mynameiswizy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1. The extra defense level from the last few josds was actually very noticeable, definitely a worthwhile investment. Although this is just about best case scenario.. if I were fighting an opponent with 108 atk level.. with full josd they would do "normal damage" (100%) and when I was at 84 defense level, they would have done an 24% extra damage (124%). JOSDs are amazing :P

2. I just love the playstyle for wizards, being the person that can drop all the big targets is a lot of fun. With undine + genie spark, you can seemingly randomly decide to make your next hit huge (making charm bypasses extremely easy).. I kinda think of it like a magical zerk crit where you can choose when it works. On top of that, with blink + dex genie + stone barrier + purify wep.. end game wizards are very slippery and can make it out of a lot of situations alive. Comparing wizards to our most related class, psychics, we have the potential to hit much harder, they can be a little more tanky in certain situations.. but their survival is much costlier than ours, white voodoo means their atk is poo, their phs immune costs a spark etc etc, and in many cases wizards simply survive better due to higher pdef, blink, and ability to ninja drop someone that is harassing you. I'm not really sure I can convince anybody else to make a wiz, it is all personal preference and what you prefer in game, but I told you a few of the things I love about wizzies.. hope it answered your question :P

3. I don't really farm as a wizard, there are a lot of instances where wizards are wanted (SoT Trophy, warsong, lunar, GV, PV, AEU), mostly for luring instances with a purify wep or aoe stuff.. but there aren't many good money making instances for a wizard. You would probably be better off making a few alts if you wanted to farm, and if that was not possible.. might want to look into merching or throwing some money at the game.
    I have read all of your answer, :) thx
    I really appreciate it f:thanks b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Adroit, quick question about your gear. I notice that you have the g12 cape.

Was that a decision based around a desire for the extra channeling, or is it something you're holding on to while you work on the NW cape (or a g16 vana cape, since with the hat that would add an extra 800 hp unbuffed and a decent chunk of magic)

If it is about the channeling, do you find that the 6% makes a significant difference in most cases?
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's a fan boy thread... fan-boying... over another man... WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?! ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • mynameiswizy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's a fan boy thread... fan-boying... over another man... WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?! ;-;

but .... I do love her b:sad b:cry
    b:avoid
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm not fanboying, I am curious as to why another sage (read: channeling challenged/not channeling focused) wizard chose to go with a channeling cape, especially when in other posts Adroit has said he generally favors survivability over offensive capacity.

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm not fanboying, I am curious as to why another sage (read: channeling challenged/not channeling focused) wizard chose to go with a channeling cape, especially when in other posts Adroit has said he generally favors survivability over offensive capacity.

maybe s/he had jades in the -chan cape already
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Adroit, quick question about your gear. I notice that you have the g12 cape.

Was that a decision based around a desire for the extra channeling, or is it something you're holding on to while you work on the NW cape (or a g16 vana cape, since with the hat that would add an extra 800 hp unbuffed and a decent chunk of magic)

If it is about the channeling, do you find that the 6% makes a significant difference in most cases?

Haha yeah it is temporary, er actually borrowed. I am really close to getting the nw cape though, should probably have it sometime this week (already have the josds and orbs to +12 ready).
  • mynameiswizy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Oh yeah , I really want to know what is your opinion about:
    -Manifest Virtue
    -Elemental Invocation

I have already read the answer from the others,
    but maybe I want to ask to you anw.
    (this will be a reason for my coins allocation for my wiz)
    are there any point to learn those spell ? :O
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    -Manifest Virtue
    -Elemental Invocation

I have both skills, and rarely use either of them. Elemental invocation could potentially have some use in draining chi from someone, but the only real time I use it is in duels against a char with a small mp pool and just laugh while they can't use skills. I originally got elemental invocation thinking it'd be good on tough targets to reduce their chi, but after getting r9rr +12.. I've found that spark would be much better spent in a sutra combo or ult to kill people; invocation is just too costly for what it does imo. Manifest virtue I have not found any pvp use.. pve it is decent before a zhen for a little extra damage, but that is pretty much it. Long story short, definitely not priority skills.. I got them simply to say that I had every skill, but I don't think it is a very good use of coin.
  • Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    -Manifest Virtue
    -Elemental Invocation

Both of those wizard lvl100 skills are kinda useless. I found myself using elemental invocation once or twice in TW on enemy cata barb for the chi burn debuff but thats about it.
    Both skills cost 1 spark which can be better used in many other skills.

Btw Adroit is SoT TM working for you guys? We have this super annoying DC problem when teleporting in which makes it pretty much unfarmable.. :(
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options

Btw Adroit is SoT TM working for you guys? We have this super annoying DC problem when teleporting in which makes it pretty much unfarmable.. :(

It seems to be working for me, I have had the DC problem before but it doesn't happen all the time.. some days its every time we go in someone dcs, but usually I don't have any issues. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, someone usually DCs going in and can't log back in (even with force log) for like 2-3 mins, right?
  • mynameiswizy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have both skills, and rarely use either of them. Elemental invocation could potentially have some use in draining chi from someone, but the only real time I use it is in duels against a char with a small mp pool and just laugh while they can't use skills. I originally got elemental invocation thinking it'd be good on tough targets to reduce their chi, but after getting r9rr +12.. I've found that spark would be much better spent in a sutra combo or ult to kill people; invocation is just too costly for what it does imo. Manifest virtue I have not found any pvp use.. pve it is decent before a zhen for a little extra damage, but that is pretty much it. Long story short, definitely not priority skills.. I got them simply to say that I had every skill, but I don't think it is a very good use of coin.

lol,
    thx

b:thanks
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If you have already used wellspring quaff, manifest virtue is marginally useful as a damage increase. While it certainly isn't the damage increase of genie spark, it can still have value taking out someone strong and I have used it a handful of times in NW and TW when I need to take out an r9r3 barb with cornered beat and I don't want to deal with sparking them and bringing the hp down to 0, then them getting a purify from cornered beast and being off. Since it's such a long buff it can be useful for that little extra damage when you know the area around a flag is going to be heavily contested. (It's more worth it as a sage since you can get 90 chi in 2 seconds with Master Li's->elemental shell->frostblade, as a demon I feel like it's probably harder to regain it)

As stated, with harder targets to kill the chi drain from elemental invocation can be useful when dealing with those same r9r3 barbs that like to stay up forever even when being hit by 3 or 4 strong casters since it makes it harder for them to chain some of their survival stuff.

Again, there usually is a better use for chi, but there are /some/ uses for these skills. Don't prioritize them though, it's like 50m per skill and there's probably better stuff for you to spend your coin on.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Alrighty, well questions asked and answered by the aforementioned wizzy. In the future, please direct all messages for specific people to the pm system. Thanks!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.