A new BH100 boss might be....

Options
13»

Comments

• AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    There's enough bosses in the game you could have a different bh 1/2 everyday for a month. whats wrong with that?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I really think any boss not in an instance (world bosses, PQ bosses) would be a big mistake. There would be a lot of ksing, and a lot of waiting around for other teams to kill it, and people would really just end up skipping it.

I think adding the other routes in Lunar is a good idea. I'm sure a lot of people would skip on Drake Fling days since it isn't worth the fee without the third boss, but the other one isn't so bad.

Some TT bosses would be okay. I honestly always skipped it before because my squads just turned out messy and horrible, so I probably would continue to do so unless it was one of the easier ones from 3-x. Or maybe 2-3 Wurlord, or Ancient Evil.

Nirvana could be okay but here again we could have problems. Unless the BH was made so that the boss in normal *and* the boss in Caster would complete the quest, it wouldn't be fair. But even then it wouldn't be easy for some classes to get squads.

I would like to see Peachblossom and Hellfire from Aba and SoT added back into the list, mostly for book drops. There are some books you just can't find anymore, and I miss running those BHs. Also I think they could add in Haunted Headless and maybe the two bosses you have to summon to make it more interesting.

I'm really not sure about EU. I would skip that one for sure if it was a BH, because people do not know how to listen and that relay gets messed up so many times, which of course means you have to start over. I think that would be the worst BH to have, personally. AEU, I have only run it once but it could be doable (final boss only). The only thing I don't like there is that it would require BHs to give out more stuff.... like needing 7 spaces to turn in a BH already isn't bad enough. They'd have to just remove the jade dragon order requirement or something or it would be so irritating. Or give us the option to select which items we want (so you could just not choose things like shards or fairy box keys if you don't use them).

Same problem with PV. BH would have to give you the item to run it since it is a limited instance. If this could be figured out without having to get more items I think PV could be a fun option.

Definitely more bosses in Warsong, although I do not agree with Incacerate. I would never bother with a BH that took that much time to complete when half the time I end up with bad random squads. Also, some people aren't quite strong enough to defend a path so they would never get a squad. But they could use Wood and Water for BHs 1/2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I really think any boss not in an instance (world bosses, PQ bosses) would be a big mistake. There would be a lot of ksing, and a lot of waiting around for other teams to kill it, and people would really just end up skipping it.

This is why any BH boss on the world map would have to be a new boss (probably along the lines of Sanzi or new SoT BH boss or just throw bramble on it) and have to spawn in like ten or so places spread out all over the world map to prevent camping and ksing. It would promote some pk activity which the servers desperately need, but others can just go to a different boss spawn if they don't want to deal with it.
    I think adding the other routes in Lunar is a good idea. I'm sure a lot of people would skip on Drake Fling days since it isn't worth the fee without the third boss, but the other one isn't so bad.

What are you talking about? Drake Fling is potentially the most profitable path. Current BH Lunar is the worst path money-wise.
    Some TT bosses would be okay. I honestly always skipped it before because my squads just turned out messy and horrible, so I probably would continue to do so unless it was one of the easier ones from 3-x. Or maybe 2-3 Wurlord, or Ancient Evil.

3-3 Doggy was a good challenge, I thought. In the interest of protecting people's farming markets though, 3-3 Emp or Minister would be better choices as their golds aren't worth as much. 2-3 Wurlord would be better suited for 9x.
    Nirvana could be okay but here again we could have problems. Unless the BH was made so that the boss in normal *and* the boss in Caster would complete the quest, it wouldn't be fair. But even then it wouldn't be easy for some classes to get squads.

Not really? Well, I guess caster's would be annoying for barbs because their damage would be **** there and they don't bring any useful debuffs like a BM's dg or sin's subsea.
    AEU, I have only run it once but it could be doable (final boss only). The only thing I don't like there is that it would require BHs to give out more stuff.... like needing 7 spaces to turn in a BH already isn't bad enough. They'd have to just remove the jade dragon order requirement or something or it would be so irritating. Or give us the option to select which items we want (so you could just not choose things like shards or fairy box keys if you don't use them).

Same problem with PV. BH would have to give you the item to run it since it is a limited instance. If this could be figured out without having to get more items I think PV could be a fun option.

Not really? It'd just give you the extra item upon taking it like BH GV does. PV token would have to come in the form of that Shroud token though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Bh100 should require ALL the Abba, Seat, Brim, Eden, TT3-3, TT3-2, TT3-1, Lunar, Warsong, BH79, and BH69 bosses. Every day. By all the Warsong/Lunar bosses, I mean the normal and summon bosses, both paths in Lunar.

But it should give like... enough EXP to level you from level 101 to 102. b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what some of you are complaining about lunar fees for, that's what keeps EODs worth money. If the fee drops or is removed, the EOD price will just drop to compensate. On top of the EOD (which on Sanctuary will net you at least 3m and pay for the run) you get 2-3 badges, depending on whether you skip the purging and self buffing hell that is the first boss in the absence of a veno or like 3 aps people. Lunar has a 3m fee and a guaranteed profit of at least 3 mil if you actually finish it, before factoring in bh rewards.

I like the idea of making other paths part of bh except I worry that would do to Chromatic and Unknown tinder what's been done to Ancient Tinder already. During 2x it can be very worthwhile to get some people and farm the Chromatic path, even though Drake Fling sucks to kill at times, because Chromatic Tinders go for around 9m each. If people were doing that path more they could drop in price significantly. The reward for clearing, which in my experience isn't exactly a lot of effort -seeker/barb pulls half valley, aoe to hell, seeker/barb pulls other half of valley, aoe to hell- is at most a 7 minute process per valley, even without r9 stuff is the bh reward, crystals, essences, etc, which can sell for a decent amount if you set up your own shop, and badges, which lets face, we all can probably use more of, or at the very least sell a manufacturing service.

I see the same problem with the BH PQ idea as has been pointed out by many of the others present. Even when I used to farm PQ it would not be unusual for people to show up and after we cleared the first 3 parts have them pull the 20 harder mobs up the hill and aoe them in a second, then kill tanso very quickly with some aps. While this didn't matter since we'd have built up significant contribution over the rest of the PQ and they hadn't (and usually there was minimal class overlap) if the reward was centered on the boss, lesser geared squads would have trouble. Also, due to the fact that multiple people would want to kill at the same time, squads would either be forced to KS or potentially wait hours to get theirs done.

I do like the idea of a TT BH (Even if I hate TT it might force me to do it a little more)

I think that ultimately the problem is that there is such a gear difference that there is as much spread between someone in tt70 gear and basic level 100 gear (IE r8/tt99 gold) as there is between that basic level 100 gear and r9r3. Trying to get a BH that is challenging for the r9r3 people is comparable to trying to get a bh that's hard for level 100s in acceptable-for-pve gear that's not complete hell for level 70s. Would you dump average level 70 people in delta or aba or seat, instances that are relatively easy for most squads now, and expect them to finish it without going through hell?
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I can just smell the QQ if they made a vile version of Pole for a BH boss.....lol.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i personally wouldln't mind having TT and other paths in luner, would make mats that r rarer easier to get. i've been looking for TT squads for months and no one really likes doing full 3-2 or 3-3 .-. when i finally get a squad they often leave before we even get to the giant beast boss.

aside from that maybe have the ws bosses rotate. tho i see a problem if there's too many bosses. if you miss a day or 2 of the BH's, it could be troublesome finding others that need the same boss.

i would say only implement a few new bosses. maybe fling and doom as stated before.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    idm with current BH, and if wanna add new instance, an old BH TT 3-3 is good. long time ago, ppl gear are terrible, but now many OP people, so i guess doing TT 3-3 as BH is not hard compare than before.

But i am agree with other people suggestion to add exp orb as a BH reward + random BH rewards (ecstasy card, excitement card, socket stone, chips). This way, we wont be QQ too much when we get chips as a reward lol
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Harpy Wraith f:grin

I've heard stories of old BH's in TT & I would absolutely love doing that, the gear might make it easy but it'd be new & exciting.

Honestly I miss the old Aba & SoT's, they could implement the buffs from the new bosses on the old D:: I want book drops...
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary
    Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    tt 3-x boses for bh wont be a bad idea but other then that pq/wb for bh aint really a good idea. Many already pointed waiting for hours for there turn n stuff.

Warsong last boss as bh no ty even though tons of nice geared people are here still many people fail to save all pavalions means they gona be stuck trying save all pav then do all boss/mobs.. lol....

lunar different paths wont be a bad idea.

seat/aba boses nearly all are now a days tankable killable hardly few moments. which went back to normal even though new bosses have been added.

delta no1 pointed out lol well bettre not change anything in it as its related culti too.

nirvana be turned out as bh wont be bad i like that idea its anyways lying for no use currently.

b:bye
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

nirvana be turned out as bh wont be bad i like that idea its anyways lying for no use currently.

Practically no one does Nirvana anymore so using Palace of Nirvana for New BH will be good idea but need to modify it so that all classes can easily get squad or else it will turn out that only 5 aps ppl are running BH Nirvy for a fast run. And the Casters will be left out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    PQ would be a bad idea for many reason; 1) it's not open 24hrs a day so many ppl will never be able to get the BH done, 2) it's currently broken, 3) Kill stealing would be a massive issue.

The previous SoT & Abba bosses would be good to throw back into the mix - I think we have enough FC babies back on our servers that have no idea there's an entire dungeon apart from the small section we now all run to BH boss. (What about the hidden bosses in there - that would stump a few to begin with) b:pleased

Nirvy would be a good BH but you'd have to put in Casters & Regular - otherwise us sqwishys will never get the regular version completed - be nice to the sqwishy & we might carry the aps sin through the caster version where they are pretty much useless

TT Boss's would be cool they wouldn't have to be only 3-3 could be from other in the 3 series

Adding extra paths to the lunar bosses for BH's would cause confussion - I personally don't want to go into a random squad with someone who killed the tombstone for the path they had that wasn't that days BH that everyone was there for, throwing in Relic of the Wind as a BH 2 would work ppl can stack.

Well that's my 2 cents worth anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Practically no one does Nirvana anymore so using Palace of Nirvana for New BH will be good idea but need to modify it so that all classes can easily get squad or else it will turn out that only 5 aps ppl are running BH Nirvy for a fast run. And the Casters will be left out.

I don't think so. The point of only inviting aps was for 2 reasons. First, safety. If the boss died before it did anything you never needed a rez, cleric buffs, or even hp pots. If you let bosses shout, summon snakes and poison, or summon fires or chests then there was a much higher chance of things **** up. We've upped our gear from Deicides and Barrier Thorns to G16 weapons, including the casters taking a big jump in dps so traded out a few dds isn't an issue anymore as you'll still beat the time.

Second reason was spamming. If the difference between 5 sins and a bm in an 8 minute run vs 4 sins, a bm, and a wizard in a 9 minute run is only 1 minute who cares? No big deal until you are doing 10, 20, 40+ runs and taking 15mins to a few hour longer. For one run you're just looking for a key and to get inside. The intelligent people won't spend longer than 60 seconds WCing for a DD, only the dumb ones will spend 15 minutes looking for a dd to save them a minute inside.

There's also the comparison of a 200k dps getting an equal share of the drops as the 40k dps wizard which wasn't fair. That's another reason casters weren't brought. Now we're talking much smaller splits anyways and most squads will prolly just random drops.

So a Nirvana BH would prolly work.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't think so. The point of only inviting aps was for 2 reasons. First, safety. If the boss died before it did anything you never needed a rez, cleric buffs, or even hp pots. If you let bosses shout, summon snakes and poison, or summon fires or chests then there was a much higher chance of things **** up. We've upped our gear from Deicides and Barrier Thorns to G16 weapons, including the casters taking a big jump in dps so traded out a few dds isn't an issue anymore as you'll still beat the time.

Second reason was spamming. If the difference between 5 sins and a bm in an 8 minute run vs 4 sins, a bm, and a wizard in a 9 minute run is only 1 minute who cares? No big deal until you are doing 10, 20, 40+ runs and taking 15mins to a few hour longer. For one run you're just looking for a key and to get inside. The intelligent people won't spend longer than 60 seconds WCing for a DD, only the dumb ones will spend 15 minutes looking for a dd to save them a minute inside.

There's also the comparison of a 200k dps getting an equal share of the drops as the 40k dps wizard which wasn't fair. That's another reason casters weren't brought. Now we're talking much smaller splits anyways and most squads will prolly just random drops.

So a Nirvana BH would prolly work.

Yep, these were my exact thoughts as well.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    He may not be inside an instance but since it is needed to complete the first 5 stages of the PQ to spawn Tanso it would make it interesting to see him added to the list.... panda just saying....

A mix of Warsong boss's that added other pavilions instead of just metal and water might be interesting, as might AEU ones.

The point Fuzzy is trying to make, and is attempting to gather suggestions to bring the the GM's, is that many people complain about the same BH for days in a row or else not wanting to pay for a Lunar. (Although since the addition of EoD's is this complaint even still an issue?)

There are many many boss's available that might make things more interesting that what is currently available. As it stands, you can't tell Fuzzy that Skeleton Legion, Tiger Legion, Leaf Rain, Hauntry, Snakefist, Cannon etc are even a challenge to most any squad. Since that is the case, maybe we need to add a boss or two, while maybe not challenge, take a bit more work to get too. Maybe Illusion in 3-3, or as said Incarcerate in Warsong.

Panda is just looking for ideas that promote the usage of existing boss's where maybe some time and effort just might be involved instead of clear a small handful of mobs and be in and out in less than 10 minutes....

open nirvana, twilight temple, cave of sadistic glee, FB105, the cube, and the arena to bounty hunters or this game will die slowly. make more content or it will die fast. they can decide..
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I say we smoke the little jerk NPC who summons the Vile bosses. Not the bosses themselves but give us credit for snuffing the blacksmith who blithely pounds his anvil (don't go there) while we're fighting for our lives against his spawn.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'd kill for them to make last AEU boss a BH (and give an order like BH Delta does).
    It would also be nice to have a boss from EU as BH too (that instance is dead right now).

BH Nirvana doesn't sound bad either as it's another dead instance right now.
    BH TT, I'd love the return of that as well as a new BH Lunar path.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'd say no to Lunar paths.

Don't get me wrong, Lunar itself is a great instance and I enjoy the run up to Hauntry Queen, but after that the entire thing is a mess. The fee IS an issue in motivating people. EoD makes a little less so, but even then you have to do full, and if you get a bad squad, you're in for a nightmarish hour or two. There are plenty of arguments for and against lunar, but at the end of the day the facts are most people dislike it. My factions very rarely run it, most of my friends skip it, you see people on wc saying "**, lunar again" and even myself I can't help cringing when I pick it up as BH. Finding a wc squad alone can often take an hour or two, or countless tele's. It doesn't help that most of the drops in there are worthless now too.

Perhaps apply the coin fee to the EoD boss instead, so the instance is still farmed and can act as a coin sink without disrupting BH. Then different Lunar paths would be great.

Very much in favour of AEU, Nirvana, earth/water/wood pav and TT bounty hunts. A few BH bosses in the open world would be rather nice too, since we could 10 man squad them.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    BH venos f:hush
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary
    Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i'd really like to have world bosses as bh's. but of course the issues with that have already been summed up. respawns, long lines of people waiting, kill stealers etc.
    so why not recycle an instance, throw in some high level mobs and some wb's and have it accessible only through the npc in faction bases? (have regular instance boss drops on these wb's though)
    buff up the boss hp and give them bramble. keep damage/defense same so non r9 loaded facs can still do them.
    have some kind of advanced wb for the whole faction to join in on \o/ woohoo social instances.
    would be nice to have a fac event back again since they prettymuch killed trials.

as far as current bosses go 3-3 would be a good one to have back.
    we misses it D':
    how about offering us a choice of 2 or 3 bosses to go after in the bh instance?
    that way the OP lot can have fun doing the full run and the newbs to 100 can get the boss partway through the instance.
    pro choice activist /o/
    join the movement \o\
    bring a little freedom back to pwi \o/
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The best is to making Lunar free, 3mil its too expensive noone want pay

And NV BH could be cool

True!! The sucky part about the bh's they have now is, they are spamming bh lunar and metal/fire. So you have a choice, wait around 15 minutes to do metal/fire, or pay 3m for a lunar run. Rediculous. They did that cuz no one ran either. but damn, give us a break. Remove the 3m and make an option on WS to not have to wait the 15 minutes. Maybe a BH option. One that will allow you to pop in the instance only for metal/fire, leaving the other pav's empty.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm