Full T3 BM + Claw/Fist

Options
wissamidrissi
wissamidrissi Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
I am thinking to go full T3 on my BM cuz I already have the gears and can stash them, it will save me coin I might spend on aps gear, question is my BM will be pure PVE as I don't pvp much, will he be able to solo FC/TT effectively with high defense, or aps is the way to go. with T3 he will be -.10 int, and might get him a robe so -.15 and that's all about it but he wont be full T3 then.
opinions pls, also I am following the build of 3str 2dex.
already fell in love with bm, its a very nice class and keeps me focused and thinking.
Post edited by wissamidrissi on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This question was asked in a very vague way. Basically you want to know a good build, stats, weapons use, and gear suggestion for PvE and your goal is FCC (a 75+ instance)?

BMs using TT80 (or legendary mold gear for 70s/80s) can tank FCC in a squad. You can solo in TT90 with paint/pots but its not time efficient. You can solo somewhat effectively in TT99 without huge pot costs depending on your weapon and gear refines. That's G12 gear, you're talking about G16 gear so I think you'll be fine any way you go, lol.

For TT 3-1 and under the basic aps setup (Deicides/G13 claws, 2 piece TT99 LA and 2 piece TT99 HA, -int cape, and vana pants) and 10k hp is fine. For soloing 3-2 and 3-3 you'll want to bump up the hp to about 14k and G16s claws (not needed, they're just readily available and more time efficient). You can do it with less depending on genie setup, buffs, and player skill level but that's about the mean average for what players need.

~~~~~

... Lets take this back to the beginning. For PvE there really is no reason not to be aps build. Its arguable whether its still efficient for PvP or not, but for PvE you'll want aps. It gets you the most chi, the most paint heals, the best soloability, and the most versatility in your playstyle. So the 3strength/2 dex build is great. I would suggest aiming for -int gear and then building a "tanking" set off that for pulls. For instance a TT99 base, but swap your LA pieces when pulling.

Learn to hotkey gear swaps and weapon changes so you can cyclone (fist only)->HF (axe only)-> Glacial Spike (pole only)-> aps (with fists). Also learn to swap armor. For instance I pulling a tanking set that has alot of +strength adds for aoeing. I HF and glacial spike with my tank set, but as I get to the remaining few pieces I quickly swap to an aps set to make sure I finish with 4 sparks for my next pull.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Difference of onrmanets and aps, explained.

Some bm are 10~12k hp buffed, but they go poof when they take agro from the boss at 4 aps sparked (low refined fist/claw, +4 or lower). My bm at 8k hp buffed with +10 claws, can tank bosses if things are set up well without incident usually. No charm, no pot, only bp and bb.

There is a world of difference from 4 aps and 5 aps, the above is one reason why people die at 4 aps.

Most 4 aps bm also have evasion ornaments (la neck+belt), that means their defenses are lower, a 3k hit on me translates to 4~5k hit for them. At 10k, i can take 3 hits and have 1k hp left over, while the 4aps bm would most likely be dead at this point.

Going full vana is fine, but for my personal perference it crimps my style of 5 aps. I would recommend if possible to try for r8r chest for -int. It was a pain for me to acquire, but worth the investment. I will try for -int boots next (3~6 months of nw should do it, 200~500m), that should allow me to completely have HA gear and elemental ornaments.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You can get - interval on s3 boots?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You can get - interval on s3 boots?

Nope. Can theoretically get -int on r8r boots if you chose to go that way. 1:55 odds or something.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory