Tips for Refining

Options
Azura - Lost City
Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Crafting Nook
I've noticed that a lot of people are complaining and claiming that PW has reduced the chance to refine items when you don't use dragon orbs while I keep saving big amounts of coins by refining my items to +8 or +9.

So, I wanted to share my experience with refining...

1: Don't use the tishas/tienkangs from cashop. Why? Because they are too expensive. When gold was under 1m it was ok to use them, but now, is not worth it.

2:Instead of aid stones from cashop, use the ones from event gold. You can buy DQ's to get the event card. In my server, what I assume are bots, sell dqs for 10k-11k. That makes refining aid stones worth around 230k. However, you can also slowly buy DQ's for 8k-9k, at least in my server. That makes each tienkang/tisha to be worth around 160k.

3:Refine up to 7. Use mirages only up to +2; +3,+4, and +5 use tienkang; +6 and +7 use tisha.

4:If you get your +7 fairly easily, you could try +8, because the chance to get it's pretty good. Do this only if you have more than 80 event gold.

My experience: I have usually used like 60-100 event gold to get a +7, more or less.

Good luck with refines...
Post edited by Azura - Lost City on

Comments

• AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Azura, can the same method be used successfully for R9rr armor and weapons also?

Further if anyone else can tell of their successes and failures of refining R9rr gears with mirages and refining aids too please. Specifically the numbers of mirages and aids used to get their gear refined.

Thank-you in advance
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Azura, can the same method be used successfully for R9rr armor and weapons also?

Further if anyone else can tell of their successes and failures of refining R9rr gears with mirages and refining aids too please. Specifically the numbers of mirages and aids used to get their gear refined.

Thank-you in advance

Yes, except for weapons... Those are so costly to refine, and if you get bad luck, you lose a lot. Nv-3 weaopns or r9-3 it's just better to orb them.
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yes, except for weapons... Those are so costly to refine, and if you get bad luck, you lose a lot. Nv-3 weaopns or r9-3 it's just better to orb them.

Thanks for your advise Azura b:thanks
  • BackDraft - Lost City
    BackDraft - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Azura can i pm you in game and do my all gear to +7 i have all tisha and tienkangb:laugh
    No Pain No Gain.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Azura can i pm you in game and do my all gear to +7 i have all tisha and tienkang

NECROOO!!!!!!!

BackDraft - Lost City replied to a message that was 4 months 21 days 10 hours 16 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    b:dirtyI can refine for you as well
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010