BH69 Nob and Pole

Options
Jacerai - Dreamweaver
Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
I believe this would be the place for it.

Is it the newest fad/thing/hip to say that Nob and/or Pole were changed to "hit harder" with the last update? I have already had three different squads (most of them with barbs that never flesh reamed) where someone (cleric in one, sin in another, barb in the last one) said that Pole and/or Nob were changed.

Most often I hear Pole, since he's the one that armor breaks you. Something I heard from a sin: "He random aggros now!" From a cleric: "He hits harder and spams his debuff more!"
From the last squad's barb: "Wow, they made those bosses 5x harder now!"

Is it just me, or am I listening to people not really understanding the bosses, people who are probably alts and used to running these last two bosses with high level tanks or their own high level?

b:surrender Maybe they have changed something, but I doubt it.

My question, for the TL;DR crowd: Have you noticed any change with Pole and/or Nob of BH69? Or are my squads just...not really thinking things through?
b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
Post edited by Jacerai - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I haven't noticed a change and i'm in that bh range atm. They probably just suck. Haven't had problems with him besides the usual get armor breaked thing. Barbs and bms did used to know how to interrupt, so that could be part of the problem. So many people nowadays kinda suck because it's so hard to get a bh that doesn't have some high level. They don't really learn the game til like 90+. You will notice the same people are similarly incompetent at things like FC. Just my experience.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sounds like bull****. Why would they make harder 1 of the toughest bosses for its level ? If they were to put in the effort of changing bosses, theres plenty others that would be more apropriate to make harder.

I remember when i was doing those BHs, at that time pole would 2 hit me if his armor break wasnt purged imeadiately. Dont think he needs to hit any harder really :)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I haven't noticed a change and i'm in that bh range atm. They probably just suck. Haven't had problems with him besides the usual get armor breaked thing. Barbs and bms did used to know how to interrupt, so that could be part of the problem. So many people nowadays kinda suck because it's so hard to get a bh that doesn't have some high level. They don't really learn the game til like 90+. You will notice the same people are similarly incompetent at things like FC. Just my experience.
    I've also got some in that BH range and it makes me pull my hair out to see all this. Too bad there isn't a way to make BHs like PV...but then again, like on Loth before it got merged, it was hard to find anyone.

Still. Grr.
    Sounds like bull****. Why would they make harder 1 of the toughest bosses for its level ? If they were to put in the effort of changing bosses, theres plenty others that would be more apropriate to make harder.

I remember when i was doing those BHs, at that time pole would 2 hit me if his armor break wasnt purged imeadiately. Dont think he needs to hit any harder really :)

Good to know that I wasn't the only one thinking bull****. Now to just get everyone else that complains to understand that the bosses weren't touched. b:cute
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I can confirm that no changes were made, they still hit me like little girls.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I recently logged on DW and seeing a Wraithgate squad having problems getting members decided to help out. I think I was on cleric originally but after seeing squad composition I switched to barb (there was a 10x cleric in squad.)

The same level 70 barb, same gear, who had failed to tank Pole on his FB three-ish years ago with 2 non-noob level 7xish clerics healing, had no problem tanking with a level 10x cleric healing, and I don't even think the 10x cleric purified at all, the heals were just that strong.

So no, no changes to the bosses. The players have changed (speed leveled and under geared for the most part.) I've met people in there with rank 1 top still, and otherwise low level gear that I've helped gear up with TT70 afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Helping_Hand - Raging Tide
    Helping_Hand - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    what Zanryu sais.
    they would still die like that.

and yeah...you miss the point mayfly...
    a lvl 100+ cler can pretty much solo 69 nowadays.
    but wasn't this discussion part of about running it without any help of 90-100ish ppl?:P

i would like too see ppl do that more often also,
    as for the topic,

i see no diff and i ran 69 like millions of times XD
    can pretty much dream it.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've also run a lot of at-BH-level barbless BH69 runs on 8x cleric and seeker on Raging Tide, and comparing to BH69s on 7x cleric from years ago, they're just as deadly (especially Polearm, though Nob's no walk in the park.) I just used the barb example because he's still the same level, same gear as his FB, sorry if the differences in the rest of the squad made a significant difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    havent run 69 recently but people tend to blame pwi for changes when they fail
    you only purge once #yopo
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Agreed, the first time they came through it may have been with a toon they were actually leveling properly and they knew how to use, as did the other people they were doing it with. Flash forward a couple years and now everyone (or at least a large chunk of the squad) FCCed themselves to level 80+ without thinking it might be a good idea to learn how to play this class.

"Oh well I'll learn in BH."

Enter barb who doesn't know how to aggro, sin who doesn't know how to manage his or her aggro, cleric who doesn't know what purge looks like and thinks wellspring is a better heal than IH. Ready? GO!
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Agreed, the first time they came through it may have been with a toon they were actually leveling properly and they knew how to use, as did the other people they were doing it with. Flash forward a couple years and now everyone (or at least a large chunk of the squad) FCCed themselves to level 80+ without thinking it might be a good idea to learn how to play this class.

"Oh well I'll learn in BH."

Enter barb who doesn't know how to aggro, sin who doesn't know how to manage his or her aggro, cleric who doesn't know what purge looks like and thinks wellspring is a better heal than IH. Ready? GO!

My kinda party.
  • trislegos
    trislegos Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I believe this would be the place for it.

Is it the newest fad/thing/hip to say that Nob and/or Pole were changed to "hit harder" with the last update? I have already had three different squads (most of them with barbs that never flesh reamed) where someone (cleric in one, sin in another, barb in the last one) said that Pole and/or Nob were changed.

Most often I hear Pole, since he's the one that armor breaks you. Something I heard from a sin: "He random aggros now!" From a cleric: "He hits harder and spams his debuff more!"
    From the last squad's barb: "Wow, they made those bosses 5x harder now!"

Is it just me, or am I listening to people not really understanding the bosses, people who are probably alts and used to running these last two bosses with high level tanks or their own high level?

b:surrender Maybe they have changed something, but I doubt it.

My question, for the TL;DR crowd: Have you noticed any change with Pole and/or Nob of BH69? Or are my squads just...not really thinking things through?

I just solo farm instance 69 with 2 boss and am a barb 97, i did not notice any change on pole and Nob...
    Firmly Believes in the POWER of reason but not the use of Force as a Reason...
  • trislegos
    trislegos Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    havent run 69 recently but people tend to blame pwi for changes when they fail

Am with you 1000% they channel there failure to maintenance and patch... but the truth they just fails...
    Firmly Believes in the POWER of reason but not the use of Force as a Reason...
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

LOL!! They don't really learn the game until level 90+... They can't even learn the game at 101+, and the biggest fail thing is that this game does not even take rocket science to learn the game even without them elder begginer gear and R9 and whatever new gear there is.

Pole and Nob hard bosses? Not really. All it takes is a simple purify, they don't hit hard otherwise... I even tanked on veno with a walker using threaten to debuff the damage and just "acted like a sin" with amp. That's all it took me to kill them with no problems as long as the cleric is paying attention to the debuffs. If the cleric is taking too long to purify, I run and holy path away, use bramblehood and go in fox and tank again.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's not even that they don't learn the game until 90+, it's that they don't gear up until 90+. BH69 isn't a place for Elder's Blessing, Rank 1 or even Dreamchaser gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's not even that they don't learn the game until 90+, it's that they don't gear up until 90+. BH69 isn't a place for Elder's Blessing, Rank 1 or even Dreamchaser gears.

Three star level 70 gear or gtfo
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Each time Pole changes aggro, he will launch the white-axe-debuff-thingy (TM).

I remember when I was tanking on my claw archer and healing on my cleric, and had a wipe b/c a barb was stealing aggro with an aggro skill within the first 10 seconds. I just couldn't keep up with the purifies if it is constantly switching aggro.

If you are having this issue, I can see why people would think that he is using his axe debuff more often.