What happens when too many mystics get ignored from wc bh

Options
Mechsiao - Sanctuary
Mechsiao - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mystic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naNjJEavWJA

that's what happens when too many mystics get ignored from wc squads and a mystic decides to make one
Post edited by Mechsiao - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Should've gotten a 6th mystic instead of the cleric :< xD
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Mystics are so OP though, idk why people don't take them, is happily run with 5 others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I like the Cleric in there. Mystics are great healers / dders, but Cleric buffs make a world of difference.
    Mystics are so OP though, idk why people don't take them, is happily run with 5 others

They can be and often are counter productive. It's a complex class that appeals to simple minded gamers.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    ... It's a complex class that appeals to simple minded gamers.

I couldn't help but b:chuckle when I read that. b:cute
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I like the Cleric in there. Mystics are great healers / dders, but Cleric buffs make a world of difference.

They can be and often are counter productive. It's a complex class that appeals to simple minded gamers.

I agree about it being a complex class, but why do you think it appeals to the simple minded any more than any other class? If that were true I think you'd have a higher numbers of mystics running around xD and not the scarce number that it is.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    sins appeal to the simple minded. Not mystics.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree about it being a complex class, but why do you think it appeals to the simple minded any more than any other class? If that were true I think you'd have a higher numbers of mystics running around xD and not the scarce number that it is.

Durr thuper healz and purty petz wiff purty skillz! I think that about covers it.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The simple mind:

"hmm, a class with a balance between healing (support) and dealing damage. Not the best in either. I hate being not the best and balance is for pussies"

vs

"hmm a class that is made to do huge amounts of damage with stealth and stuns so they dont see me coming and cant fight back. Me be assasin, watch my leet gank skillz !!!"
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    not impressed by much but i like this.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The simple mind:

"hmm, a class with a balance between healing (support) and dealing damage. Not the best in either. I hate being not the best and balance is for pussies"

Actually mystics are top notch healers as well as top notch mag dd's. They're also decent tanks. The issue is more about who's behind the mystic.

vs

"hmm a class that is made to do huge amounts of damage with stealth and stuns so they dont see me coming and cant fight back. Me be assasin, watch my leet gank skillz !!!"
    [/QUOTE]

I dropped lots of stealth / stun sins in NW with just a couple hits as mystic. I can't tank near as many bh bosses on my sins as I can my mages. The derpa derpa sins on the new BH SoT,and Aba boss are worthless. People mostly take sins on BH metal, or lunar for BP and nothing else.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Durr thuper healz and purty petz wiff purty skillz! I think that about covers it.

Hehe well those players are usually the ones that quit their mystics and then switch to another caster class and start rolling their face and pawning, saying mystics are underpowered. That's why I'd say there are other classes appealing to them.
    Actually mystics are top notch healers as well as top notch mag dd's. They're also decent tanks. The issue is more about who's behind the mystic.

I dropped lots of stealth / stun sins in NW with just a couple hits as mystic. I can't tank near as many bh bosses on my sins as I can my mages. The derpa derpa sins on the new BH SoT,and Aba boss are worthless. People mostly take sins on BH metal, or lunar for BP and nothing else.

I doubt "simple-minded gamers" would be able to pull that though. Or be a good healer without a "wee bb and afk" button around.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Uh I have done many metals with just casters before and knowing firsthand how epic mystics are... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Jaiden_/ - Sanctuary23
    Jaiden_/ - Sanctuary23 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Lol at those who underestimate myst. Mystics are one of 3 things: 1 your really op, 2 your just bad, and 3 your in the middle which end result those are the ones that quit... Were the class that truely reflects player skill. Scew that "not the best of anything" We can heal perfectly. We can be a super heavy DD. Heres a fun fact about really good mystics out there that do pvp and pve if you meet a myst that can be really lazy at times it means they are an above average myst. why? because to be good you have to at least multi task decently DD/healing both squad and summon/ debuffing/ect. and that takes alot of focus and effort. If you plan to use a summon as a DD and cant keep it alive while healing squad you should b:bye mystic or practice (Do this one)b:chuckle
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

^I agree with this 100% mystics are so freaking OP, and i love the vid xD!

I sometimes wish I was a Mystic and not a seeker Q_Q

The sad life of rolling a seeker then wanting to re-roll but not being able to afford to gear a Myst to the same standard as my seeker QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

That's because most players don't think, like dogs, you should know that long ago.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The acceptance for mystics in bh is still not very good. It used to be good when there was caster and people wanted invigorate. But now... tsktsk
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm one of those that has an alt mystic i got it to 81 and lost interest in it...i prefer my main my veno anyways. maybe its b/c she is 102 but not sure. Maybe everytime i went to do bh they wanted me as a healer and not more of a DD. if i wanted to play the healer id play my cleric. although throwing heals once in a while isnt a bad thing.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    that is weird because when people ask for healers, they say mystics are not healers. And when people ask for aoe dds, they say mystics only have 1 aoe skill... b:cry
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited May 2013
    Options
    that is weird because when people ask for healers, they say mystics are not healers. And when people ask for aoe dds, they say mystics only have 1 aoe skill... b:cry

On my server ppl started trusting mystics in BHs as healers, still hard convincing random-squads of being a healer in other instances. But I never really had trouble as taking a DD spot in squads. People saying mystics have only 1 aoe...it's ME that wouldn't run with them o.o
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Maybe everytime i went to do bh they wanted me as a healer and not more of a DD. if i wanted to play the healer id play my cleric. although throwing heals once in a while isnt a bad thing.

This is the reason i struggle with taking mystics in squads anymore on my alts ...
    Mystics are a great class in every dungeon when well played, but a stupid mystic (and there are SO many ) can ruin runs pretty fast. I usually tend to kick them when we dont find a cleric and we tell them that they NEED to be main healer. Never tried Mystic as a main healer in WS and i dont know if its even possible but in nearly every other dungeon they can solo heal. I do however take mystics in when we already have a cleric because they are great dds AND backup healers.

But really we are no wizzies and no Psys, we dont have our great healing ability for nothing and if you dont want to be main healer when there isnt any cleric, then really dont play a mystic. I cant tell how many times there wasnt any clerics and we had a mystic and weve been told exact this what you said ... and yeah i kicked them for a mystic that actually knew that he or she can heal AND dd. Its a part of this class and there are no playing styles like Im only a dd mystic or Im only a healer myst, its like a veno who refuse to amp because shes AA ...
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That was pretty amusing f:laugh

Mystics are always nice to have a around; it's just not very easy to find good ones. I've played one before (though at the moment it's on hiatus) and I know they are rather complex as they can serve a variety of roles in and outside of squads.

I can't blame people for being afraid of dragging a mystic along, but I'm one of those people that will give mystics a chance regardless and will simply avoid the ones that turn out to be horrible players.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Have to admit the main aoe that a mystic has along with debuffs is bad as hell and on spark its a monster.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Zoldi - Lothranis
    Zoldi - Lothranis Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    *Never tried Mystic as a main healer in WS and i dont know if its even possible but in nearly every other dungeon they can solo heal.

This is possible for sure. I'm one of these mystics who usually prefers DDing rather than healing but I've already solo healed a lot of Warsong. But honestly everything depends as usual of your gear and the gears of the people that are in your party anyway. With a "dream team" this is even possible to do a full WS with almost no heal.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This is possible for sure. I'm one of these mystics who usually prefers DDing rather than healing but I've already solo healed a lot of Warsong. But honestly everything depends as usual of your gear and the gears of the people that are in your party anyway. With a "dream team" this is even possible to do a full WS with almost no heal.

I've seen a mystic do it, but I'm also aware people can solo it; so it's not so great an accomplishment if a healer isn't even needed.