Endgame Gear - The future of Jer

Jeremied - Sanctuary
Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Cleric
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on where I'm going to take Jer. Since he's almost lvl100 (f:grin), and I'd like to be moderately prepared for what lies ahead before I get there. Mostly crazy people and NW. I did something similar by farming/collecting my TT90 before reaching lvl90.

I think I'm going to go the g16 route, instead of r8r like I'd originally planned. Now that g16 seems fairly easy/potentially fun to farm as of late, and I've sort of fallen into really liking the aesthetics of the armor's model, I threw together a PWcalc of what I eventually hope to get. Uh, keep in mind, Jer would be my first ever char that ever reached 100 (I'm addicted to alts), so any advice is appreciated.

Jerbuild v2 - Selfbuffs only.

I went with the might rings because I felt the pdef they give when refined was more worth it for my needs, and the fact that I will be using Jer in NW. I'm a pretty casual player, and am no stranger to farming, and would be able to swap the Sky Cover between my cleric, sin (whenever I level him, he's just for fun atm), and my hopefully eventual HA veno.

I'm still going to continue to collect rep even though I'm not going to go r8r, maybe to get r8 to protect me better in NW than my current TT90 set does. And if the game isn't shut down by the time I manage to get everything, I'd like to take him r999, mostly for that snazzy puri weapon. :T

EDIT: Updated, much happier with it now.

EDIT2: The gears are refined so high because I can swap them between characters. I'm primarily a mage user, so having a refined set would reduce a lot of headaches.

I'm also going to go for all 6 pieces of g16 (because I think it'll be faster to get that first), AND Cloudcharger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
"You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
Post edited by Jeremied - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This was my cleric before I went r9rr and got my Sky Cover: http://www.pwcalc.com/d172e607ac9bca45

One thing I feel I should stress about g16 Nirv route for basically everyone: do not refine it over +10 and do not shard it with end-game gems (JOSDs/cit gems/vit stones/and yes...garnet gems) unless it's a hat/cape. Otherwise, you're throwing massive amounts of money down the drain should you ever go ahead and go r9rr.

Now about that cape...

Please do not +10 a Cape of Elite Leather. ): You have two options here:

A. Matchless Wings/Wings of Cloudcharger - The more defensive of the two options. Matchless is better and can also be upgraded via NW, but it is more expensive and it can be a ***** to track one down to buy. Cloudcharger is cheaper, but at the cost of not being quite as good and not upgradeable.

B. g16 Nirv cape - This is for mainly offense. Point blank. More atk levels from the g16 Nirv armor set bonus = more damage for metal maging in NW.

Also, one thing you may want to consider since you mention getting r8 anyway is getting a r8r wep for defense levels. It really helps. Use it for supporting then switch to g16 Nirv for DDing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Ah, thank you for the tips Eoria! Seeing another high level cleric's build like that'll really help. And thanks for putting up with my complete endgame noobness. I did mention I've never had a char higher than lvl97 yet, lol. b:chuckle I didn't plan on sharding stuff like JoSDs or drakeflames or anything like that in my g16 anyway, since I think of it more as a transition before my r9r gears as my true endgame. I just need something better than my TT90 man dress. :T Knowing me, I'll end up running around in g16 for a while though, and could stash it between chars, so I'll probably take good care of it.

Yeeeeaah, capes are not my forte. I already have the Elite Leather, so I'll definitely look for a Cloudcharger asap and scrap/donate my Elite Leather. I don't know if Matchless would fit into my budget, but I'll definitely keep an eye out.

I was hoping to go full r8r back before NW came out (because it looks awesome and I was going r8 anyway), but now I'd rather put that coin towards r9 and r9r.

Updated my build. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Get a better tome. I am not sure what it is you really want to prioritize, but I always felt a tome should help compliment your magic (if you put any vit in) or your vit (if pure). The level 4 ones are fairly cheap if you make them yourself. Or you could try and find a less popular level 5 one (like the Book of Congratulations). Another thought: If you use resets wisely, an Str tome can be shared with all characters. It's what I do with my Pan Gu (not an Str tome, but the same idea).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Okay, I'm logging that Strength tome idea for later. That would come in really handy between myself and my veno. However, I am striving for a Pan Gu for my little sin later anyway, and is part of the reason why I've so adamantly worked to farm his DQ bracers to put towards it later.

Meanwhile, the Book of Congratulations is going on my want list, because I stuck it in my calc, and having more hp than mp unbuffed as a pure mag cleric is just funny to me for some reason. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You should use all 6 pieces of the g16 armor. The 5 piece and 6 piece set bonuses help WAY more than anything short of r9 will (+20 atk and defense levels)

As for your collection of rep, and your rank 8, the rank 8 recast weapon can get purify spell just like r9rr can, also the rank 8 recast weapon can have a ton of defense levels as an add on (many r9rr also carry a r8r weapon just for this defense when surviving is more needed than damage dealing, and this is often the case with clerics)

Plus, you'll be wanting that rank 8 ring to go with your skycover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, my current calc has the (5) g16 set bonus already, and I sort of like the +phy resistance that the Cloudcharger gives. Plus, it's something I could definitely share between my alts, where the level 100 robe won't (Consider how long it's taken me just to get Jer to 97, haha).

And while the r8 ring is nice, replacing that Sign of Frost makes me lose out on a crapton of phydef, since it's non-refinable. Because I'm definitely getting r8 and I'll have to get the ring anyway, I'll use it during pve, and keep the Sign of Frost: Chaos for NW. I'm really easy to sneak up on, you see, so I'd prefer the pdef... b:chuckle

I found out the r8r glaive also has puri, and did a happy dance. However, I'm the kind of guy that'd like to go the extra mile for a sure chance on r9rr, rather than get lucky with a 6.67% chance on r8r. But if I DID get lucky...eeeeee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, my current calc has the (5) g16 set bonus already, and I sort of like the +phy resistance that the Cloudcharger gives. Plus, it's something I could definitely share between my alts, where the level 100 robe won't (Consider how long it's taken me just to get Jer to 97, haha).

And while the r8 ring is nice, replacing that Sign of Frost makes me lose out on a crapton of phydef, since it's non-refinable. Because I'm definitely getting r8 and I'll have to get the ring anyway, I'll use it during pve, and keep the Sign of Frost: Chaos for NW. I'm really easy to sneak up on, you see, so I'd prefer the pdef... b:chuckle

I found out the r8r glaive also has puri, and did a happy dance. However, I'm the kind of guy that'd like to go the extra mile for a sure chance, rather than get lucky with a 6.67% chance. But if I DID get lucky...eeeeee

You can recast the r8 weapon as many times as you like until you get it.

Also by both using the r8 weapon and not using the 6th piece you're missing out on a total of sixty attack levels which your opposition will have.

That's my 2 cents, now I'll kindly butt out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    =) You don't have to butt out, any information is good for me since this would be my first lvl100 character, despite playing for years. I'm just a very casual player though, and this build is more of a midway endgame since I will eventually go r9, and hopefully r9rr.

I'm also almost purely pve and only do NW because it's fun pvp with no real downsides, and helps my funds. I seem to do alright as I am now in NW, or at least I have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can recast the r8 weapon as many times as you like until you get it.

Also by both using the r8 weapon and not using the 6th piece you're missing out on a total of sixty attack levels which your opposition will have.

That's my 2 cents, now I'll kindly butt out

It really depends on your role. I would rather keep a def level weapon for TW, but you are indeed correct that the 60 attack levels will really lower your DD output.

Honestly, the best option is to make the g16 robe and weapon for DDing and keep the other robe and r8r glaive for supporting. Time is the only real factor.

EDIT:
    I found out the r8r glaive also has puri, and did a happy dance. However, I'm the kind of guy that'd like to go the extra mile for a sure chance on r9rr, rather than get lucky with a 6.67% chance on r8r. But if I DID get lucky...eeeeee

Yes it is 6.67%, but at least it is a unique add-on. Conversely, the over 25% chance to get def levels is not too shabby either.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    It really depends on your role. I would rather keep a def level weapon for TW, but you are indeed correct that the 60 attack levels will really lower your DD output.

Honestly, the best option is to make the g16 robe and weapon for DDing and keep the other robe and r8r glaive for supporting. Time is the only real factor.

EDIT:

Yes it is 6.67%, but at least it is a unique add-on. Conversely, the over 25% chance to get def levels is not too shabby either.
    I could probably do both, time (and patience) is something I have a lot of. Rank is something I've been building up since I made Jer, and with g16 fairly easy to farm now, I don't see any reason not to grab a Glaive of Nirvana and get that 18400-22500 magic attack I had in my first calc.

I'd definitely shoot for Purify, I'm just not sure if I'd be willing to reroll 100 times when I could put that coin towards r9rr.

Honestly, I'm glad I finally posted this thread. It's really helped. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like your setup.

These were my cleric's gear when I played PWI. I had 2 sets of gear, the first for survivability, and the second for DPS:
    http://pwcalc.com/3a8bdf1b2a6e4c95
    http://pwcalc.com/04a0e2b7399c88dc

I switch between the 2 sets and sometimes have a hybrid of the two, depending on what i fight and my ping at the time.

A few of my own thoughts, taken with a grain of salt:
    * I played in Dreamweaver where there is not much PKing. If I were in a PKing server i would likely have sharded all or most of my armors garnet. When I made these gears, garnet gems in my server costed about 7 mil more than citrines, and had less overall survivability if I were to get hit by 50% phys and 50% magic. but in pk, phys damage is much more common than magic damage, and it is also good to balance your 2 defenses so neither can be exploited. PVE doesn't exploit your weaker defense so its not as important. i cant remember if sanctuary is a PVE or PVP server (forgive me, its been a while since i played), so take that into consideration when sharding
    * 4 sockets and +12 magic on each of those g16 pieces is gonna be pretty hard and expensive to get. it is pwcalc's default setting so in case you werent aware of it, you can just change it to something you think may be your actual goal. if you plan to extend your sockets to 4 on all of them, that will cost a lot and maybe consider getting r9 instead since its auto 4socket and also can be upgraded much more in the future.
    * if you are getting 5 pieces of g16, why not get the 6th, for the extra attack levels? sure, attack levels are not as useful for clerics as other classes, but 20 attack levels is a lottt to lose to get a bit more defense from cloudcharger.
    * from how I see it, the cleric build you put up is an excellent support cleric, because of a very good survivability. this is good if you don't plan on doing any damage. if you want damage, you will end up losing a bit of your defense (i think its worth it because you can easily gain a lot more damage in exchange for a little bit of defense, from where you are right now). for example, g16 weapon will have more magic attack as well as 40 attack levels, in exchange for roughly 16 defense levels. this is completely up to you if you want to do. my personal preference is to be able to do lots of damage as well as survive, so im personally willing to lose some defense if the attack i can gain is more than the defense i lose.
    * (in the case that in real life your sky cover isnt +11 yet) from the same standpoint, the +11 on sky cover is better than +11 on puzzle cube badge if and only if you never plan on doing swap-gears. what i mean is, if you plan to use magic rings in any case, you would be better off putting the +11 onto your necklace, because you dont have to worry about losing that extra defense when you take your rings off and keep the necklace on. in this situation you would be able to use the +11 more often since it is on your necklace. however, if you plan to use phys rings ONLY, and never use magic rings, then keep the +11 on sky cover.
    * im one of the rare clerics who put DoT into part of their gears. i need it but most other clerics dont. so i like your hat shards the way they are.
    *when i made this set of gears, I thought i was going to continue playing pwi and get a full set of r9rr. the only reason why i stopped mid-way between r9rr and r9r is because I had to quit. therefore, a mix between r9rr and r9r is NOT a good endgame set, because you get neither the complect bonus of a full set of r9rr or the complect bonus of a full set of r9r.

These are just my opinions. I hope it helped in some wierd fetish way.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    personally if your not into pk or tw for that matter don't invest in rrr9 it would be kind of a waste imo just stay g16.

Me i tw/nw with my veno but my cleric is 101. she just used r8 unless i acct stash venos g16. b:cute
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keep the glaive

if you haven't recast it yet don't bother; go full G16 and worry about R9 later

As a G16 you sort of need the bonuses from G16. Once you get R9 you get the option to switch around since R9rr bonuses don't include cape. Then you might want a G15 hat/LA helmet with matchless wings

+10 is too much if you're going r9; keep the funds to R9 instead. Use morai shards
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive