Solo FC with this build?

Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear
Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Blademaster
I'm wondering if i could solo fc with this build. Also how long it would probably take/ how many hp potions. Note: I have this armor already, i do plan to upgrade to lionheart soon. My other question is if i should try with this build or wait a week or two two before i get the lionheart set.

Link 1- Axes http://pwcalc.com/f4029e179a2bd89b

Link 2- Fists http://pwcalc.com/7be03ad3197d38f5

And to anyone who may ask, yes i have alts for those buffs.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Post edited by Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Yes you're able to do it. The duration and cost in pots, however, depends on your skill with the class, how large of pulls you do/how well you can handle the pulls, your genie setup, and so on.

If I were to judge based purely on gears and assume the minimum skill required + maximum time taken (IE: only doing one group at a time between bosses), it'd probably take you at least 2 hours to do the whole thing and the charm/pot/repair costs would make it something not worth doing.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pwpedia-Experience Points

Right at the top is a table that shows exp loss based on number of people in the squad. Alot of people think 2 people in squadmeans half the exp but if you're the same level its more like 1/6th less exp. If you are getting 83% as much experience but things are going twice (or faster if you're debuffing for each other correctly) as fast then obviously two people is the way to go.

For me the sweet spot was 4 people. Its about 40% less xp but things go fast and smooth. A cleric, veno, sin, and bm.

So, to your question. Kossy was right on that yah you could prolly solo easily enough (if you glitch the second boss and know how to time the Bishop boss) but you'd bee looking at 90 minute runs. Go with a couple friends and you could be doing three runs in that time for more than double the xp and almost no hp food. Plus alot less hassle.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear
    Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Right at the top is a table that shows exp loss based on number of people in the squad. Alot of people think 2 people in squadmeans half the exp but if you're the same level its more like 1/6th less exp. If you are getting 83% as much experience but things are going twice (or faster if you're debuffing for each other correctly) as fast then obviously two people is the way to go.

For me the sweet spot was 4 people. Its about 40% less xp but things go fast and smooth. A cleric, veno, sin, and bm.

So, to your question. Kossy was right on that yah you could prolly solo easily enough (if you glitch the second boss and know how to time the Bishop boss) but you'd bee looking at 90 minute runs. Go with a couple friends and you could be doing three runs in that time for more than double the xp and almost no hp food. Plus alot less hassle.

ty for reply.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personal experience, go with deicides, the aps damage may not be much, but the hp gain from triple sparking will mean lower costs. I find fcc on a bm cumbersome, pulls take too long alone, and if you die, getting a cleric for rez is time consuming.

Once you reach the magic mobs part, switch to mdef ornaments.
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personal experience, go with deicides, the aps damage may not be much, but the hp gain from triple sparking will mean lower costs. I find fcc on a bm cumbersome, pulls take too long alone, and if you die, getting a cleric for rez is time consuming.

Once you reach the magic mobs part, switch to mdef ornaments.

Hm..vanity's 8mil or decides 60-80mil.. im assuming he doesnt have that much to drop on a weapon or his ornies would be better, would have better armor and better axes.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Hm..vanity's 8mil or decides 60-80mil.. im assuming he doesnt have that much to drop on a weapon or his ornies would be better, would have better armor and better axes.

Very probably, but he'll need Deicides eventually for G13->G15->G16 (or go untradable TT route). I argue with factionmates often about the importance of PvE gear like Deicides vs def or pvp gear since I farm everything. Sooner he gets Deicides the faster he'll make coins, get exp, etc... But you're right, if he only has 10m for GVs then that can't be helped.

Btw Ezio, you used the wrong GVs in your calc.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am not sure about prices now, but a month ago, gv = 8~12m, deicide = 30~70m. Some people would straight up trade high refined gv for their deicide (archer build alts i presume).

Raising money through farming every day is not hard, but has to be done consistently. Plus as saku pointed out, you have to eventually get it, i kept my gv fists for 2 weeks, before i bought deicides for 38m back in the day. The difference was quite noticeable for me.

If op wants to do fcc for exp, just ask friends, people to tell you when the exp room is done, and kill the final 3 bosses only. With that hp pool, buffs, should be doable with some work.

If selling fcc, best to team up with a sin that can solo bosses, s/he can stealth, and OP can clear mobs.

Nix valley is good for exp as well.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Umm.... no

With 2 people at the same level in the squad, 120% of the base experience is split 2 ways. So you each get 60% as much experience as you would if you solo it (i.e. 40% less).

2 people - 40% reduction
    3 people - 53.33% reduction
    4 people - 59% reduction
    5 people - 63% reduction
    6 people - 65% reduction

The difference between having 4, 5, or 6 party members is almost insignificant (and it's far less than you would get with 2 people).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Umm.... no

With 2 people at the same level in the squad, 120% of the base experience is split 2 ways. So you each get 60% as much experience as you would if you solo it (i.e. 40% less).

2 people - 40% reduction
    3 people - 53.33% reduction
    4 people - 59% reduction
    5 people - 63% reduction
    6 people - 65% reduction

The difference between having 4, 5, or 6 party members is almost insignificant (and it's far less than you would get with 2 people).

Ah, ty. I used to remember how to calculate it but hadn't looked into it in about 2 years so was honestly just kind of guessing at the numbers. Knew they were somewhere around there.