What S3 Wep Would You Craft For Your Cleric & Why?

X_SkyRoze_x - Heavens Tear
X_SkyRoze_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Cleric
i dunno if this topic has been discussed before if it was im sorry for creating a new thread..... b:surrender

i wanna get my cleric s3 wep and im kinda confused which wep type would be best

out of

☆Foundation of World - Wand
☆Glaive of Nirvana - Glaive
☆Sandy World - Magic Sword
Post edited by X_SkyRoze_x - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The one that fit better with your fash. (not joking XD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • LadySerenwyn - Sanctuary
    LadySerenwyn - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a foundation of world on my cleric, simply because it was the first one to drop for me. I do really love the reliability from the small range between min and max damage on it though.

I would have been happy with any of them however.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a foundation of world on my cleric, simply because it was the first one to drop for me. I do really love the reliability from the small range between min and max damage on it though.

I would have been happy with any of them however.

Agreed.

Really the only difference is the attack range, although the average is the same (ie. 3-5 dmg, 4 ave vs 1-7 damage, 4 ave). I believe they pull from the same add-on pool and have the same chances to get each random.

It comes down to a personal preference. The trend in the cleric forums is as Serenwyn said, most prefer a smaller range for more consistant and reliable heals. I went slightly different with the magic sword because I wanted a larger range on my attacks when I pvp. Cleric's have a problem with spike damage and charm bipasses and the higher range of a sword and a bit of luck can make the difference between a kill or falling short. Sword was a safe choice for me because its wider range than wand for more spike, but not as wide as glaive or pataka.

There are some minor differences, for instance wand's strength req is 47, sword req is 52 str, glaive req is 54 str, and pataka is 56 str. This doesn't matter too much since G16 armor requires 54/55 str anyways. Pataka has only 1 aps if you share it with a veno who plans to melee, also.

Edit: That was weird. Wrote this, alt tabbed back to game, and LadySerenwyn was literally on my char taking up half my screen.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sashanka - Heavens Tear
    Sashanka - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What was said earlier. Clerics in general tend to choose Wands as their weapon of choice (aside from R9), due to it's limited range of Magical Attack, which contributes to more consistant heals. Regardless, you'll notice that there's actually a lot of clerics that carry glaives instead. The reasons behind this could be several, from personal preference, to the fact that clerics, are always "gravitating" towards glaives as their weapons; R8, RR8 and R9 are the prime examples of this. But, if you get to choose and you don't want to go any further than G16, I'd go for the Wand, giving you both Damage (Atk. Levels) and consistant heals (NOTE: That Atk. Levels don't contribute at ALL for your heals [inserts "Pan Gu kills a kitty everytime a cleric wears DoT's.." [/COLOR]b:laugh[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]]). If you inttend to embrace a more supportive build for your cleric, I'd go for RR8 glaive but I'll leave that discussion to another topic.. b:cute
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The one that fit better with your fash. (not joking XD)

i agree to an extend. there are differences though. check the pwdatabase site for % probabilities of each bonus. some people like channeling on their weapon, so sandy world or something wouldnt be very good. find the one with stats that best suit you, and then pick the one that looks best.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whatever you like best. All of them can get the same stats and you're healing a lot anyway, so it's not really much of a deal if it's a wand or glaive.

I personally got a wand on my cleric, while my mystic has a glaive. Just a mattwer of which molds I came across/what didn't look silly. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    a different point of view is to consider the resell value (if you're getting lunar) or how easy it is to find on already made (with the stats you want or not). From my limited experience, swords eem more popular (probably because most classes use them)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If your Cleric is going to be pure support, I'd suggest opting for the wand due to it having more consistent/reliable heals overall.
    If you're planning to PvP or you're gravitating towards DDing (or have other AA alts) then either the magic sword or the glaive can work out well.

In general, all those weapons are good and the differences really come down to personal opinion.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★