Confused on death cause

starsong76
starsong76 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Tonight for the first time I tried setting up a cat shop to try and earn some money but instead of selling anything I found my character dead.
I play on sanctuary a pve server and never flag my character for pvp I dont even dual lol. I was set up in arch in the middle of a area with alot of other shops. How did I die? and is there anything I can do to stop it from happening again?
Post edited by starsong76 on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You were inside Archosaur? The leading cause of catshop death is someone leading a boss into the city, usually one with some sort of aoe. Sometimes it's by accident, since most bosses don't deaggro until the one they're chasing dies. Most of the time it's someone being a soggy waffle and doing it on purpose to kill catshops.

This event is technically pretty rare, I think you just had a bit of bad luck on the timing. It doesn't happen often, from my knowledge. :) You'll just have to try again tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • starsong76
    starsong76 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah that would make since will have to make sure my catshop is harder to get to from a gate lol.
    Thanks so much.
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You were inside Archosaur? The leading cause of catshop death is someone leading a boss into the city, usually one with some sort of aoe. Sometimes it's by accident, since most bosses don't deaggro until the one they're chasing dies. Most of the time it's someone being a soggy waffle and doing it on purpose to kill catshops.

This event is technically pretty rare, I think you just had a bit of bad luck on the timing. It doesn't happen often, from my knowledge. :) You'll just have to try again tomorrow.

I've already wondered about dead catshops but never knew how that happens... I always thought that were GM's that spawned Bosses inside Archosaur b:chuckle
    How can people bring bosses to Archosaur?! On other zones with catshops, like Snowy Village it looks easier to people bring bosses to there, but inside Archo?!!! b:question
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The place I most often see dead catshops is Angler's Village, with Chin being the most likely proximate cause (Cenminator's a possibility, but with most world bosses spending most of their time dead these days, that's unlikely.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol hehe it happens man :3

I remember this time some dude in red name flew near the guards of arch and set up catshop just a lil ahead of them.

Awesomeness ensues XD the guards were attacking but he being in catshop mode had just "resist " showing in the attack log hehe