Extreme Lag, Game Crash, Disconect from Server

falconxs
falconxs Posts: 47 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Has anyone else been having these problems? Slightly before patch last night and certainly after patch I can hardly play now. If I am not crashing every 5minutes my game is so laggy I can not take more than two steps every minute. Yes I have even changed my graphic settings from the highest quality that I normally play on to the best quality setting the pwi suggest for moving through west arch to avoid lag. I am not where near large groups of people but questing in Morai so there should not be any lag here. To begin with I rarely lag, dc or crash ever, but of late its been happening with such frequency I am about to just give up in frustration. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thank you.
Post edited by falconxs on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Extreme lag and disconnects are rarely the server's fault; when they are you'll see a raft of people posting complaints. Most likely it's a problem with your ISP or some node between you and the server; if you search around (most likely in Tech Support) you can find posts where someone (most likely SylenThunder) has given instructions on how to do a tracert to the server to narrow down where the problem is. (Sometimes it's your computer running out of free memory and a reboot helps.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ursomimao
    ursomimao Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same kind of problem, since I started playing this game I never had a lag like this (15-20k ping). All the other online content is at normal speed, even the PWI site is normal, but ingame it's almost impossible to move today b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    I'm still waiting for someone to post some information, or to actually read this post and follow instructions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is WTFast allowed 2 be used? i hear it reduse some pig and doesnt change ip its legit program need to be payed , it should help i am just wondering if pwi allows it
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    is WTFast allowed 2 be used? i hear it reduse some pig and doesnt change ip its legit program need to be payed , it should help i am just wondering if pwi allows it
    As long as it's not making any changes to the client files, or going through a proxy it will be fine. If it proxies through a server, you'll get auto-banned by the proxy detection bot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]