Post edited by Lealis - Lost City on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How to fix this:

1. Mute speakers.

OR

1. Mute speakers and put on music of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How to fix this:

1. Mute speakers.

OR

1. Mute speakers and put on music of your choice.

even easier, go to options, turn off the music and its done, u still have the skill and action sounds
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Solution: Add a radio into PWI.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    You do realize your "solution" is something that's against the ToS, right?

That said, the game has a slider for music. It's not that difficult to turn the music off while in archo and play whatever else you want via realplayer or something in the background.

P.S: Your poll is biased and (no offense) horrible. Not really much of a real poll since it implies anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion is wrong.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How is switching an audio file against ToS? It doesn't give an unfair advantage, other than not having to go AFK to get headache meds. Use your head, if it doesn't provide a realistically unfair advantage, it's just fine and dandy. Also, good luck catching someone for something like that.

Just provide a source for your claims. Make sure it says switching audio files is specifically against ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    How is switching an audio file against ToS? It doesn't give an unfair advantage
    Gonna cut you off right there because the rest of the post just builds on an assumption and is rendered irrelevant by answering this.

It doesn't have to provide an advantage. PWI doesn't allow you to modify or alter their files down to the name of elementclient.exe unless explicitly stated otherwise. If you'll remember from before multiclienting became legal, this was one of their biggest issues with it since they claimed you had to alter the client/use a third party program to do so even though that wasn't the case.

And while it's silly, arbitrary, and basically impossible to enforce that rule for something like changing the music files in your music folder (something I'm sure MANY have done, except they don't go around saying they have) it still remains as a rule which is why I pointed it out. Better to have OP know to keep that sort of thing to him/herself than to end up having a ban issued and then the OP gets upset due to lack of knowledge.
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You do realize your "solution" is something that's against the ToS, right?

That said, the game has a slider for music. It's not that difficult to turn the music off while in archo and play whatever else you want via realplayer or something in the background.

P.S: Your poll is biased and (no offense) horrible. Not really much of a real poll since it implies anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion is wrong.

b:lipcurl What I meant was to ask PWI to add a radio in the game. Didn't the game had a radio a long time ago?
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While I agree that music files should be able to be amended, PWE has the TOS so anal retentive that they can claim anything is against their TOS.

Heck,, I'm sure some GM could ban you if you lifted your left butt cheek while farting "Moonlight Serenade" instead of your right. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In fairness, if most players solution is "turn off the music", then there's a problem. Otherwise why do we even have game music to begin with? They could have simply not bothered and saved development time, since "we can play our own music instead". Don't really see any problem with a change in some of the older game musics, variety doesn't hurt.
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    b:lipcurl What I meant was to ask PWI to add a radio in the game. Didn't the game had a radio a long time ago?
    Yeah we used to. And we had a live chat with GMs too. Then they just kinda... died. b:sad
    While I agree that music files should be able to be amended, PWE has the TOS so anal retentive that they can claim anything is against their TOS.

Heck,, I'm sure some GM could ban you if you lifted your left butt cheek while farting "Moonlight Serenade" instead of your right. b:embarrass
    Hmm....
    19. Disciplinary Action/Account Termination

PWE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
    Yep sounds accurate! b:laugh

(And yes, I agree that something as simple as swapping music is a silly rule but it is what it is and in some cases you have to make rules like that to keep people from trying to find loopholes that will bite you in the butt later on)
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm sorry but this had me rolling about in fits of giggles! XD Excuse me while I resume rolling across my living room floor...

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    The "Radio" was just a link in-game that opened your browser to various music streaming sites. (4 if I remember correctly) It was likely removed because everyone that insisted on playing the client on underpowered systems QQ'ed that it crashed their system when they clicked on it.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yeah we used to. And we had a live chat with GMs too. Then they just kinda... died. b:sad
    They claim that they had it, but 80% of the time, even when it was supposedly in use, you could not actually get anyone on the support team.

I questioned frankie about this in a deep discussion we had once. He basically said that they had too many tickets and no one was free to man the chat. Even later, they increased the support staff to the 20's, but you're looking at a bunch of college interns that are supporting not just PWI, but the 10 or so other games that PWE currently has on their playlist and the associated systems. Which explains quite a lot about the quality of support we receive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]