must have skills?

kkkkasada
kkkkasada Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Blademaster
hi, i reach soon 90 and i will go for demon. i visited ecatomb, so i read skill descriptions. ofc nice to have all skills but i wanna spend my money on gear instead non useful skills. so the question is:which skills must i have at lvl11?
my bm is a common bm usually i use axe/fist and sometimes pole for fun. i play pve only.

i thought obvoisly weapon masteries, roar, marrows and bell +hf ,but hf its to expensive.

for example i dont know demon Fan of Flames worth it? at other aoe skills i get 600-1000 dmg add on but effect doesnt seems good.
Post edited by kkkkasada on

Comments

• Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well ofc u need mastery's for weapons you use most and ur support skills roar and bell max , demon HF if you have the book is certainly worth getting learned but if you haven't yet its a question of how much its selling for on your server if ppl are still charging crazy amounts for it idk if its worth buying over getting gear certainly not before 100 its main attraction was nirvana which is no longer farmed as intensive as it used to be

as for your other skills, you say your pve and u use axe and fist mostly so u do need to be looking at those skills out of fist chain cyclone heel becomes more spamable once its demon with the shorter CD and will give you another AoE, as for with your axe all AoE skills want to be maxed as soon as possible starting with the axe paths highland cleave (increase in atk rate) then moving to drake sweep (chance for added chi) then fissure and fan of flames in pve your going to be doing a lot of aoe grinding and bonuses to your damage with aoe's will make it go faster dont worry about drakes bash too much as its lvl11 bonuses are more apparent in pvp also max leaps these can be usefull for getting mobs into position when ur pulling

for you pole lvl GS and meteor rush, not all bosses are HF'able GS gives you and alternate de buff that can also be used while HF in CD and meteor give another possible stun and a skill to move mobs ( useful in lunar and delta ) otherwise lvl skills as and were your using them if u spam tiger maw less than oceans edge lvl oceans b4 tiger etc etc this is ofc just my advice im sure other ppl might have more to add
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thread first made me proud, then made my sad, then made me laugh. Here is why; I'm a strong demon supporter so first I was "yah, demon skills. Here we go!" but then when I considered for PvE what skills were truly valuable ofc HF, but thats so expensive many demons can't get it. Then I thought Bell. But sage bell is considered slightly better (wouldn't trade demon for sage, honestly.) Then I thought masteries,... again sage are slightly better, at least for PvE although the demon 1% crit is prolly more valuable in pvp. Then I thought Diamond Sutra, which is a great skill but the price tag (50-85m) for the 10% crit for 15 seconds doesn't match. Stun? Pvp. Any really good aoe bonuses for demons for PvE? Nope. A few that are good for pvp but mostly its for the lvl 11 damage boost.

Then I was sad, lol.

So I was reassessing the whole sage vs demon debate and it reminded me of how frustrated I was with the sage BM in squad tonight. He did nothing wrong, but I realized I didn't even consider him a bm. Mobs would get pulled, he'd stun the group of 15+ mobs, miss 5 of them so I'd stun anyways. He HF'd first so I GS'd, but suggested we do it the other way around since I had demon HF, so he wasn't HFing the mobs. He was overwriting the 100% myriad proc with his GS so he stopped doing that. Got to the boss, let him bell even though I planned to overwrite it with demon during the bosses special attacks. First boss he HF'd while people were still sparking which was fine because I then overwrote it with my demon HF. I said I'd go first on the next boss since it really would only take 1 demon HF to kill the boss or both our HFs if he went first. He said he'd GS and I asked why he'd do that with a barb and a veno in squad able to debuff better than GS, just spark. So people sparked, I sparked+CE+HF and easily got aggro. Realized he was 2.86 aps without tome and cyclone heel and was using Striking Dragon's just to be that. Realized then that if I'm on any other class a BM is a BM, pretty much. But if I'm playing my BM and am in squad with a sage BM... I'm the only BM in squad that can do the BMs full job, lol.

That realization made me laugh.

Decided to share it. Its not meant to be insulting to either culti. I started out insulting my own culti since I realized how few of our skills are really "needed" for PvE.

Anyways, HF and bell are the main things people will be looking for. RotP is great since it becomes more reliable and has a shorter cd, which can save lives. If a wizard or archer gets aggro then just that 1 second cd difference means you can alternate stuns with their knockbacks better and keep them alive. Highland Cleave is also a nice skill since as you go from aoeing a group of mobs to cleaning up the last 1-4 still alive you won't have to cyclone for those few remaining mobs. Speaking of Cyclone, its most used for the damage boost, but there are a few breakpoints where 15% and 20% aps boost are different. Since you are level 90 and just getting most of your aps gear you'll run across a few of those. 1.54 aps, 2.22 aps, and 2.5 aps all boost to higher speeds with lvl 11 cyclone.

Other than that, Highland Cleave, Fissure, Fan, Cyclone, and Drakes Sweep are all worth getting lvl 11 just for the damage bump.

Also for FCC having the extra range on Drakes Ray and Far Strike is nice for pulling down those harpies or getting an extra hit as they kite away.. Most these skills aren't "must have" but are just nice to have.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i will quickly chip in, excuse the typing, laptop is at war with me.

I am a poor player to. I got my marrows first, big help in fights.

I got roar next, lvl 1 to demon straight, it was amazing.

I got demon aoe skills, except highland and fan of flames.

The above allowed me to tank delta stage 2 and 3 with bp.

Over time i made other skills, i farm my skills, so took me a year or so to get them. Only missing a few skills, have most of them now.

Weapon mastery i got last, didn't see a big difference in damage numbers or agro management. I still get agro.
  • kkkkasada
    kkkkasada Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i didnt know that dmg boost is significant, so if i have money for buy that books, i will learn that. i go for demon couse of spark, and demon hf. (side note: you can get into op squads with +12 r9+ if you have only demon hf. so i better spend x millions and get faster squads. ofc its not enough, you have to play nice too, but i can spam spwanpoint warsong runs, or maybe upcoming instances. i mean 2-3x more badges in same time is important for me) ofc if i dont wanna play with random wc squads, then i can get it later.
    i saw some pv runs and i like it, i speak about feeling: rawr get all mobs i kill them all :D
    but they dont give me money, so i have to kill bosses too. i have a sage aps farmer but i wanna do it even faster, and with marrows(+buffs) i get over 30k p def or 10k+ mag def so i take less dmg and do more dmg
    but really i dont wanna make sage/demon discussion. i choosed demon ( will choose in game)
    ty for infos