How to get more tokes in NW? (question for fellow wizzys)

Options
Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Wizard
Hi all!!
Well my question is the following, during the last NW`s I had found myself stuck on 8k points , sometimes I got a little more, sometimes a little less but that s the average amount I always got, maybe I`m doing something wrong cause I`m pretty sure I can get more but still can find out or understand how to do it, or what is the best way for us (wizzys) to get more points, so once again I will appreciate any help or tips you can give me.
Before you ask for it.. since the stupid pwi calculator seems to not work for me, I have 6.37k hp , my weap is the Requiem +5 (just got it a couple of days ago still working on refines) and i`m full nirvy g16 ... working on changing it to r9rr.. coming up next.. and my genie.. well is a good one since Adroit help me to made it (thks Adroit b:thanks )
So thks in advance for your help b:thanks

FOR FORUMS MODERATORS This is a question addressed to wizzys so I will appreciate if you keep it on the wiz forums and not get moved to the NW forum. THks.
Post edited by Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi all!!
    Well my question is the following, during the last NW`s I had found myself stuck on 8k points , sometimes I got a little more, sometimes a little less but that s the average amount I always got, maybe I`m doing something wrong cause I`m pretty sure I can get more but still can find out or understand how to do it, or what is the best way for us (wizzys) to get more points, so once again I will appreciate any help or tips you can give me.
    Before you ask for it.. since the stupid pwi calculator seems to not work for me, I have 6.37k hp , my weap is the Requiem +5 (just got it a couple of days ago still working on refines) and i`m full nirvy g16 ... working on changing it to r9rr.. coming up next.. and my genie.. well is a good one since Adroit help me to made it (thks Adroit b:thanks )
    So thks in advance for your help b:thanks

FOR FORUMS MODERATORS This is a question addressed to wizzys so I will appreciate if you keep it on the wiz forums and not get moved to the NW forum. THks.

You get tokens for dealing/taking damage, so really one of the biggest things you can do to get more tokens is just to get better gear. Better gear means you are alive more to deal more damage, and also means you can soak up more damage before each death. I've found that I don't get many tokens when I go with good squads, because my squad does a lot of the work and not many opponents are alive to hit me or get hit. I get the most tokens when I split off from a good squad with 1-2 other people and just fight 2v20s or 3v20s near enemy bases (instances are basically always full when you are trying to lock them). Going with good squads I generally get between 100 and 150 tokens (~10-15k personal), when I do the 2v20/3v20 thing I usually get between 200 and 400+ tokens per nw (20-30k+ personal contribution). Unfortunately I don't think much of this post is very useful for you, most of the token reward is gear based imo, although you can increase your chances of getting action by focusing on lands adjacent to enemy bases and by going with squads that don't steam roll your opponents.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's odd that your contribution is so low. I go to NW on my level 93 wizzie and I average about 6.5k contribution per night. Your higher level and obviously better geared but only getting 1.5k more than me, that doesn't seem right some how.

I'm not sure what blessing your using, but I have Jones blessing. When you go with the O'Malley it means you deal less damage as well as take less, which is the opposite of what you want. If possible I try to stay with my squad and stand more behind them, so I can avoid more hits. I also spam undine on everything I attack, it really does make a difference on how much damage I do.

Also getting personal kills really helps, so occasionally you will have to move from the safety of your squad. I try to get at least a couple each battle. That means you have to find someone to go one on one with. I prefer sins for this, not only because they normally can't handle the damage, but it's also pay back for all the times they stealth stun me. Hit them hard from max distance so they don't have time to escape or get to you.

Plus, I try to avoid op geared players. I have no chance at my level of going up against an R9, when I see one coming at me I turn tail and run. And often I can get them to chase me as I run directly into a group of R9's on my side, then giggle as I watch them die.

Lastly, don't be afraid to die. You have 5 respawns available, letting it get down to 2 is not a problem. Being overly cautious will really hurt your score. Take a few risks, if your not sure either way if you can survive try to stick it out. More than once I've gotten into a fight thinking I didn't have much of a chance only to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i would say crow control, because 80% of my NW i ever did so far, i always got more tokens even tho my credit were less then my friend who got more credit.

i am a bms, i stuns a lot, silent with smack, etc. last NW i get aprox 7,8k points.
    my sin friend got 8k + creidt, i got 226 tokens and he got 197 tokens b:laughb:laugh
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are you sure that isn't just because he was in a less winning side that you? I recall that contribution should scale directly with token amount given the same side. Not sure though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's odd that your contribution is so low. I go to NW on my level 93 wizzie and I average about 6.5k contribution per night. Your higher level and obviously better geared but only getting 1.5k more than me, that doesn't seem right some how.

I'm not sure what blessing your using, but I have Jones blessing. When you go with the O'Malley it means you deal less damage as well as take less, which is the opposite of what you want. If possible I try to stay with my squad and stand more behind them, so I can avoid more hits. I also spam undine on everything I attack, it really does make a difference on how much damage I do.

Also getting personal kills really helps, so occasionally you will have to move from the safety of your squad. I try to get at least a couple each battle. That means you have to find someone to go one on one with. I prefer sins for this, not only because they normally can't handle the damage, but it's also pay back for all the times they stealth stun me. Hit them hard from max distance so they don't have time to escape or get to you.

Plus, I try to avoid op geared players. I have no chance at my level of going up against an R9, when I see one coming at me I turn tail and run. And often I can get them to chase me as I run directly into a group of R9's on my side, then giggle as I watch them die.

Lastly, don't be afraid to die. You have 5 respawns available, letting it get down to 2 is not a problem. Being overly cautious will really hurt your score. Take a few risks, if your not sure either way if you can survive try to stick it out. More than once I've gotten into a fight thinking I didn't have much of a chance only to win.

come to my server

I need more lowbie wizzies to ninja take aim b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    come to my server

I need more lowbie wizzies to ninja take aim b:laugh

Makes my wonder who are you Walpurga... b:laugh
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Alex_Gantz Its gear for sure refine/shards and a good genie!

I usually get between 50-90 tokens NW.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    refine armors, shard with p.def kite tons of enemies with purify helping and an omalley to stay alive easy, and u get tons of points.
    I get more points in fights when i get hit by many many ppl than when i kill lots of ppl.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure what blessing your using, but I have Jones blessing. When you go with the O'Malley it means you deal less damage as well as take less, which is the opposite of what you want.

Are the points based on damage after all defences ?
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Try to look for harder fights, as Adroit suggested. Going into a 20-6 where you're on the side with 20 will only get you a couple hundred, even if you're one of the top earners. Going into one with 10-20 on the side of the 10 will get you a ton more if you win. Winning a

The rest largely comes down to luck and/or gear. When you can take more damage, you earn more. When you kill more, you earn more. All else being equal, winning a fight will get you more than losing the same one, though winning a 20-10 will earn you about the same as losing a 10-20, in my experience.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @star prism......you are clearly a nub! How would wearing an O'Maileys blessing not help you to take more damage????? It adds 15 attk and 15 def levels you genius!15 def levels = take more damage. If you are going to speak in forums, then please re-read what you write and make sure you have a brain! How did the next few responders after you not catch that idiotic comment???
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    People were unsure as to whether you get tokens for the raw damage you take (IE you get the same number of contribution whether the incoming attack does 400 because you're fully buffed r9r3 with def levels out the a** or 2000 because you're r8 and wearing a jones blessing) or the final damage, IE the r8 person would get more contribution in the aforementioned situation.

In either case though, more def levels=surviving longer=able to kill more and survive for more charm ticks, so you should still get more contribution anyway. I mainly am using a omalley's in NW and then switch when the enemy nation has the flag and they're not very well supported but it's a tanky person. I used to use a jones, but I find I get at least 1k more contribution this way.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @star prism......you are clearly a nub! How would wearing an O'Maileys blessing not help you to take more damage????? It adds 15 attk and 15 def levels you genius!15 def levels = take more damage. If you are going to speak in forums, then please re-read what you write and make sure you have a brain! How did the next few responders after you not catch that idiotic comment???

Offensive much? Maybe you should reread what I wrote instead of just throwing out insults.

You do take less damage when you have a higher defense, let me explain it to you using an example. When you have no defense levels say a person hits you and deals 1000 damage, then when you increase your defense level when they hit you they deal 800 damage.

800 is less than 1000. Therefore with a higher defense level you take less damage. If a person didn't take less damage; people would not be putting JOSD in their armor. At 75-100 mil each that would be a very expensive mistake. With higher defense you take less damage which then allows you to take more hits. Big difference between those two.

The reason no one else commented is because they understood what I wrote, your the only one that didn't.

In regards to the question asked the reason I say having a Jones blessing is better than O'Malleys is because unless you have OP gear you cannot survive being attacked any way. Due to low HP, your defense levels are not going to matter, you are still going to be killed. But if you are killed it is better to be killed taking more damage than less. Plus with a Jones Blessing it lets you hit harder and as a (non R9.3)wizard your best chance at staying alive is to kill them before they can attack you. Based on my own experience the longer it takes me to kill someone, the less likely I am to win.

In NW this is normally how it breaks down for me. People lower and same level as me, I can kill before they even reach me (often in one shot) or have no problem killing them 1 on 1 if they attack me first. People higher than me in normal gear, if I use evasion, genie and apoths I have a 50/50 chance of surviving. People higher than me in good or OP gear I'm dead before I even know I'm being attacked.

I'm basing this on my own observations on how my character does. I'm only level 93, maybe once I'm a higher level and have better gear those 15 defense levels with help, but currently they don't make one bit of difference. I do know in last Sunday's NW I received 122 tokens in a 2nd place nation and average 6.5k points/100+ tokens each NW. At my level that is pretty damn good, so I must be doing something right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com