Bring vana back?

MechSin - Sanctuary
MechSin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestion Box
I dont know about most but i for one loved vana. It was so much fun doing it different ways or doing it with npc weps if we felt like it. It has been dead for a while now and i think we should not let it go to waste. Maybe add badges to it or something? Maybe post ideas how you feel about vana / how to improve it?
Post edited by MechSin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Been suggested quite a few times already.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thats a good idea. Lets make it the one instance where you are not allowed to bring your own equipment and get random gears assigned for the duration of this instance. Random gear between g12 and g16 (complete set same level). No more need for "link weapon" "5aps only" "omg you noob" and all that ****. With the random stuff, everyone gets to learn to play as a "noob" and with "noobs" even though it may be the oposite of the role they normally find themselves in. Could help people create some understanding for eachother b:pleased ("noob" because its about gear instead of skill, but that seems for many people a reason to call others noob).

And yeah, then make some reward that makes people want to do it of course, dont really care what :)
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love a revamped Vana instance. However, it would need exponentially better rewards than before to match NW. If that was done, then, raps and cannies would also become worthless due to a larger influx. There would need to be a bottom limit NPC price, like mirages.

A skillbased instance is admirable but ultimately futile. Let's admit it - most people were incompetent for FCC, and then Vana. Most squads attempting a pure skill based instance would die pathetically, then QQ until it was made easier.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You go in there with npc weapons? What's stopping you from doing that now? It's not like the instance is suddenly closed up on us.
  • Kerius - Dreamweaver
    Kerius - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thats a good idea. Lets make it the one instance where you are not allowed to bring your own equipment and get random gears assigned for the duration of this instance. Random gear between g12 and g16 (complete set same level). No more need for "link weapon" "5aps only" "omg you noob" and all that ****. With the random stuff, everyone gets to learn to play as a "noob" and with "noobs" even though it may be the oposite of the role they normally find themselves in. Could help people create some understanding for eachother b:pleased ("noob" because its about gear instead of skill, but that seems for many people a reason to call others noob).

And yeah, then make some reward that makes people want to do it of course, dont really care what :)
    newb≠noob

ijs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love a revamped Vana instance. However, it would need exponentially better rewards than before to match NW. If that was done, then, raps and cannies would also become worthless due to a larger influx. There would need to be a bottom limit NPC price, like mirages.

A skillbased instance is admirable but ultimately futile. Let's admit it - most people were incompetent for FCC, and then Vana. Most squads attempting a pure skill based instance would die pathetically, then QQ until it was made easier.

Assuming it takes much skill at all to do the PVE in this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Assuming it takes much skill at all to do the PVE in this game...

That's the sad part.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love for this to happen too, but ijs about 2 of these threads turn up per week. Maybe you guys should look at forum history and post in one of those. Just make sure your not committing Necro lol b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^True. Be nice to have them add badges, molds, mobs, tougher bosses. It was already easy before NW and S3 came out. But then again, im sure it'll be revamped on the next content update, along with barb/veno skills, maybe more gear add-ons through NW, veno pets, map extension. hopefully a new instance. Most is speculation of course, till we see a link to Chinas content update. Other areas that can use a revamp is OHT & Frost.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think they should remove all the raps and cannies from nirvana and replace them with shards. (Maybe replace cannies with immaculate shards and raps with perfect shards.)

Then it would be possible to actually farm shards for your gear directly. I would do nirvana again if you could get ~2 immaculate shards from a run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]