What are some of your pwi pet peeves?

Options

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Imagine you are in a nation fight while your team is full while fighting against ~12 of the other team. You (me) the barb just grabs the flag and ofc the goal of NW is to bring the flag to a specific point. But nearly anytime in any nation when I grab the flag I need to bring it to the spot myself without any friggin help. No cleric, no archer, not even ppl that would keep the enemys away from me.

So many times nearly the whole enemy squad gathered around me and ofc killed me (if more then 8 full r9r2 ppl that's really no miracle). Then I always think to myself...if all the enemys are attacking me, WHAT ARE MY FRIGGIN NATION MATES ARE DOING MEANWHILE!!!!!!! Remembere 20 against 12..sometimes even less enemys...

Oh, this is so annoying. When I used to run NW I did so on barb, and it was rare that I got help when I had the flag. Often I had no problem but sometimes I'd get 10-15 enemies on me and couldn't make it... really, the other team is smart enough to go after the flag carrier, why aren't they smart enough to follow?? It really aggravated me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    heyacaya wrote: »
    I hate it when people don't listen when they're told to do something or not to do something. Or when they don't know their role. I did an FB29 for a sin using my wizard and cleric. He was told to stay back and let me tank on my wizard. When he didn't listen, I left my wizard behind and he complained that I wasn't attacking. You want me to attack, let me do my job.

I've also been watching faction as members were doing dungeon runs with randoms and they were complaining about a cleric using wellspring only or DDing. I ended up going along (at a lower level than the cleric they had) and healed. She turned around and left after saying "Looks like I'm not needed here". Of course you're not needed, you don't know how to listen or heal properly! It's sad when a lower level cleric heals better.

Also, you want to be healed or ressed, make sure you're doing your job. If your job in that particular squad is to be a DD, then DD. If you don't know how to DD properly and you keep stealing and dying, don't blame me. It's also a pain when your tank tells you not to heal then almost gets himself killed and forces you to pretty much res him since he's that low on health.

I'm curious as to what in 29 was giving you problems that the sin couldn't just quietly work on his own mob?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I hate it when people don't listen when they're told to do something or not to do something. Or when they don't know their role. I did an FB29 for a sin using my wizard and cleric. He was told to stay back and let me tank on my wizard. When he didn't listen, I left my wizard behind and he complained that I wasn't attacking. You want me to attack, let me do my job.
    Solution: Do what you need to do, don't worry about them. If they die, rez em after you get to the boss. b:pleased
    I've also been watching faction as members were doing dungeon runs with randoms and they were complaining about a cleric using wellspring only or DDing. I ended up going along (at a lower level than the cleric they had) and healed. She turned around and left after saying "Looks like I'm not needed here". Of course you're not needed, you don't know how to listen or heal properly! It's sad when a lower level cleric heals better.
    I will usually follow up by telling them as much. I'll also typically offer training to help then be a better cleric. They usually don't respond or rage though.
    Also, you want to be healed or ressed, make sure you're doing your job. If your job in that particular squad is to be a DD, then DD. If you don't know how to DD properly and you keep stealing and dying, don't blame me. It's also a pain when your tank tells you not to heal then almost gets himself killed and forces you to pretty much res him since he's that low on health.
    I just let em die. If it wipes the squad, oh well. I'll come back and rez everyone, and make sure that I tell the tank to pay more attention to his HP so it doesn't happen again. Tank may still sit and range, but usually the squad will get a clue that he's an idiot.

(I also have a bad habit of letting the aggro-***** Sin's and BM's just die and rez them at my convenience when they aren't the designated tank. Not really a bad habit, but they think it is. =P )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    A few FC selling related pet peeves-

1. I typically sell mobs+heads at 200k to 250k a spot. I don't think that's that expensive considering 90% of the people buying them are alts of people that are already 100+. But basically every single time I've went to sell lately, all of the PMs are people wanting it for free. No. **** off. I use the money to go buy spots in other rooms and to cover tele fees. If you want a free room, then go clear it yourself or do normal/alt FC. ((Note that I do give out free spots regularly to guildies, but yeah...))

2. No, we do not need a seeker to kill mobs all the time. You can do it just fine by chaining CC. Like, tonight the squad ended up as my veno, two wizzies, a mystic, a BM, and an archer. I pull half and half with veno and BM stuns+dgs as the mobs come in. I launch a nova that goes off right after BM stun ends. Meanwhile, one wizzie is channeling Mountain Seize in case they don't die by the time nova's immobilize ends. Result? Mobs CC'd to death and no deaths on our part.

3. If you're not in the level range I advertise, then I'm probably not inviting you unless I can be flexible due to squad's current level make-up. Please stop PMing me repeatedly.

4. I clear the harpies in the hallways and the one in the exp room flying in the middle. If you really want the rest of them in the exp room cleared because you can't pull without aggroing them or can't resist tabbing and hitting them, clear them yourself. kthx.

5. If I request an AOE DD in WC, that means I want either a mage, an archer, a psy, or a seeker. A sin is not an AOE DD, ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Wait, when did Sins bet Bell and Fissure? Oh lawdy.

I may have been a wee bit hung over and half asleep when I wrote that.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When I form caster/non-Sin&BM BH's & specifically say "Look for Caster DD's yada yada" - 10 pm's from sins/BMs, when were you EVER a caster? f:scaredf:worry
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When I form caster/non-Sin&BM BH's & specifically say "Look for Caster DD's yada yada" - 10 pm's from sins/BMs, when were you EVER a caster? f:scaredf:worry

Considering it's not Nirvana and there are no bosses that specifically require casters... that's kinda racist. I shall take this as an act of war, and from now on I shall not include any kind of caster on my BHs. Let this be known, the time of Melee is now! This oppression from Casters shall come to an end! Be it peaceful or bloody, only your actions can tell, but rest assure this tyranny comes to an end, and it all starts now!

Rise up with me, my Melee brethren! Only with your help can we overcome them! Only together can we rise up and take the respect and dignity we deserve! ARE YOU WITH ME?!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Considering it's not Nirvana and there are no bosses that specifically require casters... that's kinda racist. I shall take this as an act of war, and from now on I shall not include any kind of caster on my BHs. Let this be known, the time of Melee is now! This oppression from Casters shall come to an end! Be it peaceful or bloody, only your actions can tell, but rest assure this tyranny comes to an end, and it all starts now!

Rise up with me, my Melee brethren! Only with your help can we overcome them! Only together can we rise up and take the respect and dignity we deserve! ARE YOU WITH ME?!

*purify procs*
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Considering that most Aba/SoT BHs WCs I see (that aren't for cleric/barb) are for sin/BM, I don't think you have much of a place to complain that a few squads prefer non-melees to avoid problems if you don't manage to kill the bosses before they buff up (since most sins/BMs seem to forget they have any skills other than triple spark on bosses.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Yes.

Yes we are.

:3

b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Considering that most Aba/SoT BHs WCs I see (that aren't for cleric/barb) are for sin/BM, I don't think you have much of a place to complain that a few squads prefer non-melees to avoid problems if you don't manage to kill the bosses before they buff up (since most sins/BMs seem to forget they have any skills other than triple spark on bosses.)

Oh boy, someone took me seriously. Okay, if we're being serious, class segregation solves nothing. If you need certain classes because you already have the arcanes you need, or just really need that melee DD, then exclusion is fine because you've already met the requirements needed for that particular class in whatever instance you're running.

Excluding a certain type of class just because you can won't really do anything, I seem to recall Arcanes and non-aps DDs crying about that all the time when they couldn't get Nirvana squads. If someone's petty enough to actually try that with BH they should know that the people they exclude will find squads easy enough anyway, may as well just make it easier and take whoever. The odd full caster or full melee or even full healer run's fine, but excluding people from each run is kinda dumb. It makes no actual impact on the people you try to affect with such an action

Ew. This is a wall of text. That's nasty. Anyway, on bosses aps is far more effective than skill spam, the only high aps class that generally should use skills on bosses would be sins using Ribstrike, otherwise HF/SS now and again for BMs and Sins respectively. You don't skillspam bosses as melee like you don't auto attack them as arcane.

MELEE BRETHREN LET US PURGE OUR WORLD OF THESE IGNORANT AND ARROGANT CREATURES. THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR PLACE, LET US SHOW THEM WHO THE DOMINANT RACE TRULY IS. WE SHALL RE-TAKE OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE THRONE OF THIS WORLD. WE. WILL. BE. THE BEST. RARARARARARARARARARA.

I'm so tired.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If your squad isn't able to kill Rain Leaf Dryad before in one spark cycle before it buffs up, then sorry, aulto-attacking from then out is a recipe for a squad wipe (and even if you don't wipe, the kill will be slower than if you had skill-spammed from the beginning.) If your squad isn't able to kill Lord of Captivation in one spark cycle before it buffs up, then skill spam is more effective than auto-attack.

Not every BH Aba or Seat squad can (or should be) barb-cleric-veno-5 APS BM-5 APS sin-one random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When a high level rages because you do not want their help in a low level bh, and calls you things like "ridiculous noob," and claim "you don't even make sense," and gets really mad because "DANG IT! I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!!!" instead of saying cool, good luck or maybe even dusting off some forgotten alt in that range and going for the fun of it.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If your squad isn't able to kill Rain Leaf Dryad before in one spark cycle before it buffs up, then sorry, aulto-attacking from then out is a recipe for a squad wipe (and even if you don't wipe, the kill will be slower than if you had skill-spammed from the beginning.) If your squad isn't able to kill Lord of Captivation in one spark cycle before it buffs up, then skill spam is more effective than auto-attack.

Not every BH Aba or Seat squad can (or should be) barb-cleric-veno-5 APS BM-5 APS sin-one random.

I've run with squads that are unable to kill it before it buffs up. Once it does, it's a simple matter to walk a foot back and wait for it to unbuff, then attack. Continue this cycle until it's dead. Skill spam is inferior to aps in terms of sheer DPS on a single target, arguing otherwise is pointless because it's been proven time and time again. The odd amp timed well with sparks is good, spamming skills is not. Lord of Captivation is one of those very few and far between exceptions, due to the anti-aps buff it receives.

I'm not saying every BH squad should be an ideal setup, nor should it only consist of a certain type of class. Take whoever, most squad setups can handle something as simple as BH, there's no need for segregation of any kind when it come to that unless you just really need something you lack, such as an APS DD or a healer or whatever else suits your needs.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When a high level rages because you do not want their help in a low level bh, and calls you things like "ridiculous noob," and claim "you don't even make sense," and gets really mad because "DANG IT! I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!!!" instead of saying cool, good luck or maybe even dusting off some forgotten alt in that range and going for the fun of it.

People getting mad annoys you?

That's weird, it should be the opposite. For me at least.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I've seen barbs walking away from a buffed Leaf Rain Dryad or Lord of Captivation when they should be flesh reaming/devouring/frightening or whatever; a barb in tiger/panda should not be auto-attacking and so won't trigger their buffs. And skill spam during the buffed period is surely superior to no DD during it? Walking away to wait out the buff is just dumb, you've got skills, use them. If you've got good enough reaction speed to walk away as soon as the buff occurs, you've also got good enough reaction speed to land one or more skills during the buffed period, but I have yet to see any skill animations other than triple spark from the spastic crowd on those bosses, apart from possibly an initial HF at the start (before any boss buffing.)

People getting mad annoys you?

That's weird, it should be the opposite. For me at least.

You mean people not getting mad annoys you? You're strange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You mean people not getting mad annoys you? You're strange.

The other opposite, people getting annoyed makes me pleased.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The other opposite, people getting annoyed makes me pleased.

Likewise.
  • NodHaven - Heavens Tear
    NodHaven - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    my pet peeve is that ****** power lvl bs. it has ruined the whole game. every one and there brother is lvl 100+ now. where's the fun in that? i remember when lvl 80+ was good for everyone and only the people that had been playing sence beta were lvl 90+. its so sad. it was a good game but its gone to **** -.- b:angry
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Scenario:
    Full Lunar; 20k+ hp barb
    you, cleric, bm, +2

You: full r9 t3 seeker +10 (buffed, with bp)

You let the barb pull because heck, he has a natural anti stun,
    chaining it with vac lets him do a full pull.

Barb goes up, asks you if you're ready, and then starts doing stuff group by group...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Scenario:
    Full Lunar; 20k+ hp barb
    you, cleric, bm, +2

You: full r9 t3 seeker +10 (buffed, with bp)

You let the barb pull because heck, he has a natural anti stun,
    chaining it with vac lets him do a full pull.

Barb goes to pull, doesn't use ANY anti stun, stops @ first group,
    and just starts batting away at some mob, entire squad starts helping
    him bat away at the 3-4 mobs when you have another 30-40 mobs to kill b:angry

Not even just then. Any time anyone stops at the first group. I've had so many sins do exactly that it's not funny. I've started doing full pulls just because I want Lunars to go faster. b:sad
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Most squads now can handle at least 3 or 4 groups. I haven't seen any recently that couldn't do halves. If you have a couple people with more high end gear you can do fulls. Same with warsong pavilions.

edited May 2013
    Options
    I know I posted last but that was hours ago and I hate editing stuff that long after

When people use "need" to describe anything in game. It's a game. You don't need anything in it. Though some of the people may need to get a life.

• Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is the mouse over info pop up box anytime i hover over a skill...For the love of god its been 3 years..i know what my skills do give me the option to turn this off...bad enough there is no HotBar Lock feature.

Do it..Do it Naow!!!b:tired
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My pet peeves? Okay, here come my QQs:

- Horns, especially because they freeze item transfers.
    On top of that, 99.99% of the time, it's some terrible one-liner from an unfunny one;

- People that spam the same ad every minute (about selling an item or looking for one);

- Those who put "cheap" on their vendors, while it's stupidly overpriced. Same goes for expressions like "offer" or "I dare you (to buy)";

- Perverted roleplaying (basically in world chat). Go find a 18+ game to express your fantasies, darn it;

-Being lagged/disconnected and logging back as dead... It happens to me every day now. b:angry

- A broken Advanced Grinding Machine (it works for now though).

etc.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    One word:

Packs f:fume

They should have NEVER been introduced!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    not sure if any of these have been listed yet:

- people who don't use the illusion stone teleport and instead fly to every location to save money (and waste everyone else's time)
    - people who leave the squad or dungeon to make a trade or help someone else do something -- have some respect and consideration for your squad mates
    - people who abbreviate my name as "Vina" instead of Vin. if you're gonna type 4/5 letters, you might as well go all the way and say the full name.
    - people who spam world chat with personal conversations that could just as easily be had in squad chat. here's a hint: the rest of us do NOT think you're cute. we also don't care about the 5 friends who think you are, or what any of you have to say to each other.
    - people who are greedy about loot. they either drop squad or wait for everyone else to port out so they can pick up all the drops themselves even though someone else paid the wine.
    - people who get an attitude for no sufficient reason (omg someone asked if i am the same person as this other guy who has an identical name! how dare they think i am that guy! *rage/quit squad*)
    - people who leave squad when things don't go their way (oh the first boss didnt drop what i need, lets reset WS and do the pavilions all over again so i can get what i need. finish the run? no thx. bye.)
    - clerics who think they are brought to WS to DD. no. just no. we bring you so you can heal. if we wanted more DD, we would take another sin. idc if you're r999. you were brought along to HEAL.
    - "dd" clerics who nag for chi so they can triple spark instead of BB
    - sins or BMs who cannot solo earth pav
    - anyone who fails earth pav
    - anyone who STILL fails earth pav even with the extra person helping them
    - r9s who say they need help in their pav right off the bat, meanwhile other ppl have garbage gear and still manage to solo
    - people who pick up every mold (not the banker) and say "oops" every time, and the rest of the squad who thinks it's cute or funny rather than kicking the idiot
    - people who put you through a long interview process just to join a squad. "sage? sage amp? sage soul degen? sage this? bramble that? wep link? armor? can you solo metal?" -- if i couldnt do WS i wouldnt PM!
    - people who are ultra picky about what class and culti they bring to WS and end up forming a squad that cannot pass the pavilions.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    also... people who don't wear HP charms and die constantly and brag about never using a HP charm as if it's a badge of honor. it's not.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013
    Options
    not sure if any of these have been listed yet:

- people who don't use the illusion stone teleport and instead fly to every location to save money (and waste everyone else's time).

OMG, I hateeeee this. One time I even dropped some coin so that they could teleport anyway, since they said they didn't have the money and they responded that they preferred to keep the money and just fly anyway. I was so annoyed, I dropped squad.

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Clerics who go all hypocrite when they get told they're doing something wrong (not purifying tank in drake etc) and then they are like " I cam here to HELP YOU, you do not respect me blahblahblah " as said cleric is same lvl as the BH squad and needs bosses as well.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47