LionsTank's Perfect Introduction to Pure BladeMaster Leveling (lv. 1-30)

Options
lionstead
lionstead Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Blademaster
LionsTank's Perfect Introduction to Pure BladeMaster Leveling (lv. 1-30):

About BladeMasters (BM's):

BM's are one of the best soloing classes for people who want to be leaders. BM's are almost always at the head of squads dealing damage to the main mob of monsters. Most of the time, BM's can take on monsters quite a bit higher in HP and levels than themselves. Being the strong tanker in most squads, they play an important role in factions, and squads alike. Overall they are strong in Phy. attack and defenses when they are created properly.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"]**Side Note**

I am creating this guide for those who have already tried and failed at making a pure BM character.

After reading for many hours on the forums to see what I was doing wrong, I eventually had to create a new BM character. This guide was made to prevent what happened to me, from happening to other players.

**Side Note End**
[/COLOR]

Contents:

Role- What is a BM's role while in squads?

Stats- How to use your stat points

Skills- what skills to level up, and when.

Pre-Questing Knowledge- Some basic info as to what you will gain from questing.

Quests- All of the quests to take in order, and their rewards / benefits.

Grinding- When and how to grind.

On Your Way (AKA thanks)- congrats you have made it through this extremely long leveling guide!

Summary:

This guide includes hours upon hours of in depth information on how to level up a BM collected from REAL gameplay and experience not only from myself, but also from a plethora of many other sources / players. My main sources are myself, the pwi forums, the pwi website, and other players.
****A huge thanks to MaeSxyFarm for aiding me, and guiding me in leveling! Along with Ardeshir, and the Immortal faction!****

Role:

*Tip*

Play with your own style, and figure out the best way to play for yourself.

*Tip end*

Mainly a tanker class that takes most of the damage for their squad members. Normally lead the way in dungeons. They are also famous for being a strong solo class after level 60. Finally, BM are the kings of status effects, specifically in terms of stuns. There are two primary stat builds that players use with BM: Heavy strength build in order to wear heavy armor, or a mix between strength and dexterity while wearing light armor which has a better mix of magical and physical defense.

Type:
Tank, Melee Physical Damage Dealer

Weapons:
Dual Swords, Dual Blades, Blades, Swords, Scythes, Spears, Clubs, Poleaxes, Sledgehammers, Dual Hand Axe, Dual Hammers, Fist Weapons

Stats:

*Tip*

Don't ever add to Vit. or Mag. or else this entire guide won't work for you. If you do add to those two stat areas then you will have to start over again, in order to fallow this guide properly. Sorry in advance for the issues that may arise later on due to this strict requirement. Just fallow this guide step by step, and you will be fine.

*Tip End*

To start off this guide there are a few suggestions I would like to give you, as to how to build a PURE BM. The basic ratio for a pure BM's stats every time they lv. up should be a 3;2 ratio between Str. and Dex. Now you need enough of the Str. for using weapons, and for physical damage. The Dex. you need for accuracy, evasion, and critical hit %.

Equation (Per every one lv.):

Str. - 3 per lv.

Dex. - 2 per lv.

Life Saver:

Life saver below if you ever need a sudden boost of Dex. / Str. just in case you need to get a better weapon fast (Equations are only to set your character back on the right track after you go out of the 3;2 ratio given):

((Lvl.-1)*3)+5) = Required Str. For your lv.

((Lvl.-1)*2)+5) = Required Dex. For your lv.

Skills:

*Tip*

This information is also to be used for later leveling past lv. 30. Please copy this information into a notepad on your desktop for future reference.

*Tip End*

Level these Skills Only to lv. 1:

Stream Strike

Diamond Sutra

Vacuous Palm

Shadowless kick

Fan of Flames

Mage Bane

Piercing Winds

Atmos Strike

**Side Note**

The mana cost becomes too expensive as you level Diamond Sutra up, and becomes less worth the points you spend. Even though it is a healing skill.

**Side Note End**

Specific Skills lv's:

Tiger Maw- Level up to level 5 then stop.

Drakes Ray- Level up to level 5 then stop.

Draw Blood- Level up to level 5 then stop.

Golden Bell- Max out.

Alter Marrow Physical- Level up to level 5, then level as you can with left over points.

Roar of the Pride- Max out.

Ocean
Post edited by lionstead on

Comments

• lionstead
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Aeolian Blade- Level up to level 5 then stop.

Drake’s Bash- Max out.

Cyclone Heel- Max out.

Level With Leftover Points:

Cloud Sprint- Max by 59 for Will of Bodhisatva.

Spirit Chaser

Farstrike

Highland Cleave

Drake Sweep

Meteor Rush

Fissure

Quests:

*Tip*

Try using the smaller Exp. giving quests first, that way they don't spam your quest book later. Also so you get to know how to play with your character.

Also make sure your doing spirit cult. Quests, even if I do not list it here

*Tip End*

Lv. 1

Try your best

Lv. 2

First time to the city

Lv. 3

Welfare introduction
    Rebuild the kingdom
    Cure the injured
    Kill the Crypt Flame

Lv. 4

Try to leap
    Need for weapons

Lv. 5

Visit the Elder
    Worried for the hunter

Lv. 6

Hidden Heroes Village
    Preliminary phenomina
    Lv up lucid silver chest
    A solo task: elder goth vanguard

Lv. 7

The repayment
    Wild ursog stinger

Lv. 8

Scary flame
    Light as a feather

Lv. 9

Quest Mastery 1
    Fantasy fruit

Lv. 10

Fantasy fruit
    Fantasy fruit

Lv. 11

With added strength

Lv. 12

Rhinodrakes tear
    A sudden happening
    Spirit cult.
    Walled stronghold

Lv. 13-15

Quest Mastery 2
    Scarlet fruit (x4)

Lv. 16-17

Tellus city
    Tide born discovery
    Fantasy fruit (x6)

Lv. 18

Work together
    Anti-poison poison
    Inferior cactopod
    Timber field

Lv. 19

Tarantula lair
    Human warrior
    Lola's path
    Apothecary's revenge
    My obese sweetheart
    The persistence
    Snaggletooth armour
    Holy compass

Lv. 20

Spirit cult.
    Preparations
    Call to duty xenobeast

Lv. 21-24

Quest mastery 3
    Scarlet fruit (x 5)
    Fantasy fruit (x5)
    Profundity scroll lll

Lv. 25-27

A river of jealousy
    For mister shih
    Nightmares
    Monsters here
    An example
    Black ore mine
    A strange alter
    Meet the general
    The tease
    Old hunters sigh
    Chang's story
    Seek help
    A sad case

Lv. 28-29

Spirit cult.

Missing spirit
    plague of god
    The ferry
    No ambition
    For the recluse
    Miss Chang's new coat
    Tender love
    Gardner's worry
    Salvation
    Gold finder
    The stolen note
    Boatman's worries
    Lone girl in the wild
    Daisy and dandelion
    Winged tiger
    Pet search
    The elders secret
    Beautiful Chang's wish
    Love of dragon
    Cure the poison
    Stolen goods
    Wolf bone poultice
    Divine order of light

Lv. 28

Fantasy fruit (x5)

Lv. 29

*Free Questing*

Grinding:

When your grinding what do you need to do exactly, and what is it? Grinding is the act of killing monsters for EXP. that way you can level up. Now I would say that you shouldn't really need to grind to often, unless of course you need to level up fast in order to get a weapon. But of course questing really is the best way to do that.

So what do you need to do in order to be proficient and gain food EXP. from grinding? Normally due to the fact that BM's are so strong, we can take on higher LV. Monsters. So that exactly what you need to do when grinding. Challenge yourself and take on ten levels higher than yourself monsters. Make sure you bring lots of pots though.

A great place to start grinding when you're in the lower levels, is Hill of the Swarm, and eventually right outside of Arch.

On Your Way:

Hopefully you've made it this far with my lengthy and information filled guide. I have to give you a great big "THANK YOU" for sticking with this guide for such a long time, and reading all of my input on BM leveling. Sorry for making the post so lengthy, but I had to put so much information inside because I had to put in info for lv. 1-30… Please if you enjoyed this post, pm me / post below as to what you want me to do next :)

***I Hope you have a great day***
    ******* Sincerely Lionstead *******
  • lionstead
    edited April 2013
    Options
    To what level did you play a BM yourself ?

How do you make a non-pure BM ? make babies with a cleric so that you get a paladin ?

Your role description comes from barbs btw :)

sorry for being a bit critical

I currently Have played up to Level 45. But I had to start over for this guid b:chuckle but anyways, I only have gained my knowledge from those around me, the forums, and my gameplay. Thanks for such a fast post :)b:pleased
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Leveling guide:

WC "wtb 10 consecutive heads 1mil each bigroom"

Repeat until 100

Buy 200 gold and sell on market, obtain +5 G16 chest, G15 pants, TT99 HA wrist/shoes and TT99 LA orns. Get Regicides and shard alabaster and ruby gems in them. Refine gear to +5, refine weapon to +10, refine LA orns to +12 MUST MUST MUST

shard all rest with DoTs, learn only spark, spark +, demon spark; who needs stun and aoes

Go into BH100 like a boss

???

Profit!
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Deleted the other post because it was in between your parts. BTW what i dont agree on:

LA i dont think you should consider light armor. Sins and archers get their damage multiplier from dex, they want to put as little points possible in str. That is why they use LA. Not at all because it is any good because honestly LA sucks. HA gives good phyz defence, AA gives good arcane. LA doesnt give either. Not medium both, no crappy both.

Your role, I hope it isnt gonna make new BMs try and challenge me for the tanking role and make them run ahead because really your telling them to take the barb role :)

Your advise on grinding mobs 10 levels higher. The exp bonus from fighting higher level mobs is small and most likely it will not weigh up against the lower amount of mobs you can kill per hour. You need to find a balance where you can keep up your killing speed and dont get to much of a exp malus for them being lower. I think usually this ends up with mobs being slightly lower than you. If possible i would try for the highest level mobs that you can AOE (area of effect). meaning that you can take the damage of multiple mobs attacking you and kill them before they kill you. If you cannot aoe mobs that are near enough your level, find ones that you kill fast enough that you do not receive enough damage to require you to rest/meditate. (you dont want to go more than 8 levels below you, preferably not more than 5 or so)

Doing small exp quests first. Dont see much use in that, i always looked at the geography. You will notice that you get a bunch of quests in one area over a few levels, and then in another area. Try to minimise useless traveling by getting all the quests in 1 area and moving on when that areas quests are all depleted.

Since nowadays most people are following walpurgas guide, i think it might be a good idea to also give some attention to the social aspect. Since you wont randomly walk into very many people doing the same quests you are doing, it may be worth the effort to be a little more proactive in finding people to play with at your level. Primarilly this can be done by talking to all the similar levels you meet and adding them to your friendlist instead of waiting until you get to that quest where you need a squad. Also think about finding a faction. Although that could cause you to run into more players that are offering you help in powerleveling than actual people to play with :/

Since the DQ items dont provide coins anymore, making ends meet financially may also be a topic of interest for many low level players.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Light armor is horrible. There are only three pieces of Light Armor a BM should ever consider wearing:

Level 60 Bracers of Blood Moon
    Two pieces of TT99 light armor
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This comes off as a leveling guide for 1-30 and unfortunately in today's game leveling 1-30 can be done quicker than it takes to read this guide. I think you did a good job with the guide, I think you have the right ideas, I just don't see a need for such a guide.

Capn told you the only acceptable pieces of LA, although I'll add TT90 gold wrists in there since iirc the tt90 gold HA only gives -.05 while the LA give -.1

~Drakes Ray is your best ranged attack because it can be used with any weapon (Far Strike and Spirit Chaser will hit harder but are pole and sword only). HF and Myriad can be considered a ranged attack but 2 sparks and only a couple meter range. Smack is a 79 skill with a great hit from any class of weapon but has a 40 second cd and usually used for other purposes (saving a cleric, chaining stuns, or as an entry move). I suggest leveling Drake's Ray.
    ~Aeolian Blade is also your second-line stun until Roar and Drakes bash are leveled and hits surprisingly hard. It also doesn't cost chi. Its a "level when you can" skill.
    ~Magic marrow is more important for BMs to master since we are an HA class, but there is no mention of it. Phys marrow really only matters once you're good at canceling boss attacks with shadowless kick.
    ~Fan of Flames is... nice. Its not great, but its useful to fill in while other aoes are in cooldown. I'd say level occasionally.

Also, the real main purpose of BMs is crowd control, HFing, and our bell. We're just so well rounded DDing and tanking both come naturally, but first playing a support role is more important.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I surprisingly support this thread.
    I can see you put a lot of thought and effort into it and I'm happy to see people playing and leveling BM the old fashioned way. It's obvious you are learning, and not just frost baby-ing up to a high level then having no idea what you're doing.

Others are right that LA has no purpose for us at all save those few pieces at higher levels, but I think they maybe forgetting it wasn't uncommon at all for BMs at very low levels to carry a spare LA set for grinding pure magic mobs.

Anyway, you will notice with each cultivation as you level that what is effective changes vastly as a BM. Prepare to adapt, it's what our class is best at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lionstead
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't remember writing about using LA... All I use is heavy armourb:laugh.. Sorry if I put LA in this guide... Didn't mean toob:bye
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Probably can include that you should go phys marrow at level 60 around wraithgate.

Not kidding

Best place to practice shadowless kick canceling, ever.

Even if you die a few times the experience is invaluable. From then on you can grind single mobs with essentially nothing but phys marrow-cancel-autoattack, even air ones.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Geat effort. Really nice for a Introductory Guide :3

If you need more info on some quests , then you can get it here.

Be warned, some of them are not even updated so new quests will not be there and other will show wrong info. But it is a start.

Btw in the blademaster subforum, the first sticky guides can be really helpful too, so you can refine your info.

Again, Really good effort :3

Keep at it. The only advice i could give would be that you can try to map all the Human quests from level 1 to 30, for BM's of course. That would be awesome.

And try to add some info there about the Apothecary skills. Those pots you can make for free can save your rump in a very tight spot. So they are handy.

b:victory