Remove purify spell.

Horosho - Lost City
Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Title.
It's to op and not fair at all I mean come on what class is supposed to tank 1v20?
Post edited by Horosho - Lost City on

Comments

• darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    get better gears before talk
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013

Even if you have literally endgame gear it's to op <_<
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No don't remove purify.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While we're at it, lets remove Apothecary all together too.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I used to be on the "get better gears then QQ" bandwagon, but after seeing a R9R3 psychic pretty much solo a whole 20 v 1 in a tiny amount of time I switched sides. Nobody should become tankier the more people attack them - opposite infact. It wouldn't be SO OP imo if they removed the speed and/or vac buff after purify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
    AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    remove aps remove gof and purge,ohh cmmon cry me a river,casters were in a VERY bad position cuz sin just came outa stealth and apsed u,now some balance came and ppl go QQ about this.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    remove aps remove gof and purge,ohh cmmon cry me a river,casters were in a VERY bad position cuz sin just came outa stealth and apsed u,now some balance came and ppl go QQ about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0 here ya go.
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If the developers had not intended for arcanes to get the Purify Spell on their weapons, they would not have added it in the first place.

Just learn to live with it. Learn to adapt like arcanes had to when Spirit Blackhole on bows were introduced...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013

^This +1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    If the developers had not intended for arcanes to get the Purify Spell on their weapons, they would not have added it in the first place.

Just learn to live with it. Learn to adapt like arcanes had to when Spirit Blackhole on bows were introduced...

Sorry but SB isn't that OP. SB doesn't let you run the whole map in pvp.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let's get rid of God of Frenzy, Sac Strike, purge, etc. while we're at it.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013

The procs you named aren't op like purify that just lets you tank 1v20.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's pretty funny how people don't seem to realize overbuffing is just as bad as leaving something incredibly underpowered. Which casters weren't even to begin with, especially after the addition of Morai skills. Purify Spell is a broken weapon proc, Infinite would be a much better choice. Any Arcane that thinks it's a good thing because "lulzweweresounderpowered" needs to get off their high horse and realize these two simple truths.

1. Arcanes were never underpowered. If you died to an APSer he was better geared than you or better skilled. Same refined gear against a same refined weapon means you have time to react.

2. Purify Spell is on a whole different level than GoF or Spirit Blackhole. Those two require the user to be able to attack, the more people on them the less chance they have to live. Purify Spell gets stronger as more people attack, and if anyone but super endgame people attack they're nothing but a burden and actually HELP the user of Purify Spell.

Imbalanced proc is imbalanced.
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry but SB isn't that OP. SB doesn't let you run the whole map in pvp.

Perhaps, but Archers with Spirit Blackhole still pose a huge threat to arcanes on the battlefield. Besides, arcanes complained like mad when Archers began using purge bows. Do you honestly think that the developers would remove Purify Spell now that people complain about it? Come on man...

Like said on my previous post. If they had not intended it, they would not have put it in the game in the first place.

Now let's go for a donut, my treat!
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    It's pretty funny how people don't seem to realize overbuffing is just as bad as leaving something incredibly underpowered. Which casters weren't even to begin with, especially after the addition of Morai skills. Purify Spell is a broken weapon proc, Infinite would be a much better choice. Any Arcane that thinks it's a good thing because "lulzweweresounderpowered" needs to get off their high horse and realize these two simple truths.

1. Arcanes were never underpowered. If you died to an APSer he was better geared than you or better skilled. Same refined gear against a same refined weapon means you have time to react.

2. Purify Spell is on a whole different level than GoF or Spirit Blackhole. Those two require the user to be able to attack, the more people on them the less chance they have to live. Purify Spell gets stronger as more people attack, and if anyone but super endgame people attack they're nothing but a burden and actually HELP the user of Purify Spell.

Imbalanced proc is imbalanced.

+1.
    5chars.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps, but Archers with Spirit Blackhole still pose a huge threat to arcanes on the battlefield. Besides, arcanes complained like mad when Archers began using purge bows. Do you honestly think that the developers would remove Purify Spell now that people complain about it? Come on man...

Like said on my previous post. If they had not intended it, they would not have put it in the game in the first place.

Now let's go for a donut, my treat!

He said after the ability to get 5APS was obtained. That was never intended, it just kind of happened. It was after the realization that money could be made off of it that it was pretty much endorsed.

Wonder if they'll do to Purify Spell what they did to APS. That'd be pretty lulzy.
  • spikeshot
    spikeshot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

+1

Purify Spell isn't OP if everyone would stop attack him and start CCing him and try to deal your highest damage. Just Purge -> Amp -> Nuke -> Dead. People are just facerolling skills in and that is why Purify Spell is triggered. It's part of the game, learn to play with it.
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what u want us to just sit there and get aps to death?lol make your life my easy? wtf hell no.want us to run slower then we already do?yeah gtfo b:laugh
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    spikeshot wrote: »
    +1

Purify Spell isn't OP if everyone would stop attack him and start CCing him and try to deal your highest damage. Just Purge -> Amp -> Nuke -> Dead. People are just facerolling skills in and that is why Purify Spell is triggered. It's part of the game, learn to play with it.

Except to CC, alot of classes consequently trigger the purify since their control skill is also an attack. And a level 60 trying to deal their highest damage is not going to scratch a r9rr.

If they make it so that purify does not proc on CC attacks then sure.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    spikeshot wrote: »
    +1

Are u kidding me, how are you going to CC an AA with purify proc on it.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Title.
    It's to op and not fair at all I mean come on what class is supposed to tank 1v20?

Remove purge too? What class is suppose to solo kill 20 people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Remove purge too? What class is suppose to solo kill 20 people?

With 20 people you can kill an archer just saying, but with purify spell it's near impossible.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    what u want us to just sit there and get aps to death?lol make your life my easy? wtf hell no.want us to run slower then we already do?yeah gtfo b:laugh

What you want is a get out of stun free card and get to nuke to death? lol make your life easy? wtf hell no. want us to not stun at all? yeah gtfo b:laugh

See, I can be stupid too.

Only undergeared or underskilled Arcanes died to APS, or still do. +10 vs +10 or +12 vs +12 APS vs Arcane R9 (let alone R9R3) the APSer is gonna have a hard time killing them with a proper genie and apo usage, WITHOUT Purify Spell. It's just not needed.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2013

+2

b:chuckle
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    +2

b:chuckle

U are just an other Insurrect loser that sucked without Purify spell.
    edited April 2013
    U are just an other Insurrect loser that sucked without Purify spell.

Its kinda funny all these years I have said nothing about the uneasiness of playing a Wizard with EA's and Sins everywhere ( being a good sport ). Then all of a sudden people have the right to complain about a long waited upgrade because they are no longer on top anymore. Chillax brah EA's still ****ing hurt and "Black Hole" is amazing.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Its kinda funny all these years I have said nothing about the uneasiness of playing a Wizard with EA's and Sins everywhere ( being a good sport ). Then all of a sudden people have the right to complain about a long waited upgrade because they are no longer on top anymore. Chillax brah EA's still ****ing hurt and "Black Hole" is amazing.

SB is easy to avoid, purify spell is just op <_<
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How "interesting" to see people QQing about nonsense again. Auto abilities and blessings and genies were a huge mistake ingame causing a major **** up.

"Purify spell on weapon OP WAAAHHH QQQ!!!!" Clerics purify CD is MUCH faster than the proc >.> and sage/demon mystics too. Also effects added with it is just like using apoth, casters are slow anyway.

"Purge on bow is OP WAAAHHH QQQ!!!" Venoes purge is even more OP than the weapon -_-" . Archers with purge bows are not threatening IJS. Good venoes with sage purge, myraid and faceroll over 40 people b:sweat easy 1-2 shots.

"GOF/Zerk is OP nerf it!!!" Yeah... right >.> sacrifice some HP for some damage... especially for APS users, usually kill themselves if they don't have BP. I rather use GX b:beatup

The devs should have made blessings (or runes) with procs, not gear...
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
    edited April 2013
    SB is easy to avoid, purify spell is just op <_<

Not when there are 5 Sins with top gear running around and 3 archers with top gear shooting to kill you. Its very difficult to get the hell out of getting purged while trying to survive.
This discussion has been closed.