My next gear step?

Options
Saeidon - Heavens Tear
Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Wizard
This is my current set up.
http://pwcalc.com/f4df50bbf51b81ff
Looking for some input on where people feel money is best spent after I get the S3 armour all to +10.
I'd love it if you could back up your reasons too. I'm not looking to upgrade purely because something will look prettier (I used oht 2*boots alongside stage 2nirvana legs and chest for example, because they made more sense for my toon at the time), but simply for the logical next best step for improvement (note that shards are unlikely to change as I want the best in the end, so I imagine I'll get josd... When that will be, I don't know).
All my gear is bound so there is no resale value to take in to account when upgrading.

Also my budget is whatever. It took me 2 months to make 2billion in game, so if the next step should be a 1billion coin item, I'll save for that next rather than get a stop gap 300mill upgrade. If the 300mill makes better value for money though, I'm all over it.

I can also get gear to +8 for practically free, as I have 700 event gold on an alt that is otherwise unused (this would not apply to cube necklace as it would of course be bound when I upgraded it)

Advice greatly appreciated :)

Edit: The engraves are of course not correct per item, but they do add up to my overall engraves to take things like necklace in to account.
I love drinking tea
Post edited by Saeidon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Maybe up the necklace as the first next step. Not too hard to get a s2/s3 cube neck anymore, and gives you better pdef per refine and more atk/def levels.

Other things would be upgrading the cape to matchless wings, better tome, and upgrading the r9 ring (able to be refined, so a good def boost).

Other than that, nothing really jumping out at me.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I doubt I'll upgrade the necklace unless it is to stg4. Sorry, should have mentioned that too. I'm not wanting to upgrade and refine unless it is to end game at the moment, as I can just see myself wanting to reroll it in the future anyways and lose the investment.

Why do you suggest matchless wings ahead of stg2 or stg3 nirvana?
    I love drinking tea
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't really know much about the heaven's tear economy (nothing, to be exact) but I'm assuming prices wind up being relatively similar to those in Sanctuary. I'd say go with either stuff from the NW forges or finish sharding jades if that's a plan for you.

I wouldn't suggest matchless wings themselves above g16 vana, especially if you're including the hat (personal opinion) because they forge a lot better and together give an extra 500 hp. The heaven's ravager and NW hat are much better options though, and you seem to be able to afford them (the hat requires a lot of BQ though and a leveled base)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I was looking at heavens ravager earlier, and in all honesty I don't think I would ever get it. Its arguable if is even better than the matchless wings (unless I'm looking in the wrong place, away for the weekend so can't look at the forges for another couple of days).
    The guild base helm is nice yeah, and we do have a levelled base, but I only rejoined faction 2 months ago... Would be a number of months before being back at the contribution for it.

Economy is, roughly speaking.
    7mill per seal of war.
    135mill per josd
    Gold is 1.5mill atm.

I have to admit I do hate still having the glorious robe: torment (I had it from a few months after anni packs first came out) but its so hard justifying removing it. Even if you just look at the benefits of matchless wings over it, the difference isn't significant!

I know that you chose nirvana stg3 over stg2. Can I ask why that was?
    I love drinking tea
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Money is certainly an object for me, as a non cash shopper I don't ever want to be wasteful (not that cash shoppers do lol)

Trying to break down the economy a bit more (just calculated very roughly and rounded off)

Stg4 cube neck = 1billion
    Sky cover = 80mill
    Stg2 sky cover = 500mill (+ 60mill of farmed tokens)
    Matchless wings = 150mill
    R9s2 ring = 600mill +(120mill of farmed tokens)
    Scroll of tome = 400mill
    Emperor tome = 1.4billion from scratch (+ 150mill of farmed tokens)
    +11 orb (might be worth going +11 on armour, and/or weapon first?) = 150mill
    +12 orb = 270mill
    Josd = 135mill
    Nirvana stg 2 hat and cape combo = 70mill
    Nirvana stg 3 hat and cape combo = 100mill (assuming about 7 rolls total)
    Guild base helm = n/aI have about 20k contribution.
    New fashion = gold price + 2mill per white dye..... Jk jk

All the above takes unrefined and unsharded values. As mentioned I can refine anything but the cube neck to +8 for practically nothing (5-20mill of mirages maybe due to my alt with event gold), but something like a ghost port ring at +8 would obviously be a bit stupid!

Note because of my situation it is likely that I will look to improve armour ahead of the weapon. But refining higher than the current +10 is not out of the question, in fact +11 is likely as it isnt too costly (icebourne are however, such a small upgrade for such high cost).

I'm starting to wall of text here trying to give exact info!!! I'll stop. Feel free to ask if you want any more values :)
    I love drinking tea
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Why do you suggest matchless wings ahead of stg2 or stg3 nirvana?

That's why I shouldn't be allowed to type at 6am. lol

Yeah, the s2 hat/cape combo would be better. S3 may refine better, but the stats on s2 are better.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I was looking at heavens ravager earlier, and in all honesty I don't think I would ever get it. Its arguable if is even better than the matchless wings (unless I'm looking in the wrong place, away for the weekend so can't look at the forges for another couple of days).
    The guild base helm is nice yeah, and we do have a levelled base, but I only rejoined faction 2 months ago... Would be a number of months before being back at the contribution for it.

Heaven's Ravager refines much better, as it's g16 instead of g14. The base stats are debatable as you lose the 4% pdef reduction and a little pdef in favor of mres, 5 more vit, and 2 more def levels, but I think the g16 refines make it much better.
    I know that you chose nirvana stg3 over stg2. Can I ask why that was?

G16 provides more hp from refines than g15, and if you restat for more magic (and possibly a little dex for the crit if you're just 4 or 5 away as I was) you can make up a lot of the lost damage from the g15 attack levels. I was also able to run a lot of lunars/warsongs so farming the badges wasn't too bad. With the addition of the hat as well, which I would definitely recommend if you go that route, you also get a bonus 500 hp. Looking at them again, I actually don't see heaven's ravager sets as that strong an improvement over the g16 set. I still think the heaven's ravager cape is better, but I think it can be saved to be one of your last improvements if you want to do g16 vana cape/hat as an intermediate step since those are relatively cheep right now, at least on sanctuary, and heaven's ravager stuff still winds up costing a pretty penny.

I find that, as a rule, the thing that prevents me from killing isn't that I don't hit hard enough, but that someone kills me first. For that reason I prefer the survivability of g16 to the attack levels and crit of g15. I honestly didn't even see much of a drop in damage, if at all, between the two, though I can pull out my old g15 DoT hat/cape and check if you want confirmation.

Here's the link if you want to play around with it a little. Note that stats will vary from this exactly, as I set everything to +10 when it can range from +6 to +12

With the glorious robe:torment at +10 and all else the same as now, you have 10176 hp, 20436-22990 magic attack, and 58% reduction to physical damage taken completely unbuffed.

By replacing the robe and hat, you go to 21200-23849 magic attack, jump to 11067 hp, and only drop to 56% physical damage reduction. You'd also pick up a little magic resistance. Since you didn't say 10* orb prices or citrine gem prices, I'll just use current sanctuary values for those and assume yours are in a similar place:

The robe and hat would be 100m
    The refines to +10 would be approximately 240m. I'm not sure if people sell refine services on HT but in sanctuary you can pay someone with event gold to get +0->+8 for you for around 40m/piece, if I recall correctly. The 4 10* orbs to get +9 and +10 on each would be about 40m each on sanctuary right now, your gold is more expensive so it might cost a little more though. I'm also not sure how long it takes for 10* prices to jump back up after a sale, ours still haven't risen much.
    The citrines would be approximately 100m, with each costing 16.6m each give or take, assuming you are patient enough to set a buy shop rather than buying from other shops.

I also think a sky cover would be a good investment, either g15 or g16.

-I apologize for the incoherence of the above, I wrote this while running a lunar and it was initially 2 separate posts, so the thoughts are rather mixed up-

• Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree heavens ravager is better, but not significantly, certainly not worth the 400ish mill it would cost to upgrade!

The next step is +10 on the r9 btw, I haven't done that yet so I'll be at 11015 hp before the next step (I won't be refining the robe at all, +7 is fine for something that I really would prefer to switch out anyway.

I'm not sure if I would want citrine gems, because ideally I'd end up with JOSD's, however, they aren't out of the question entirely (I.e. if there are multiple things that would be more beneficial to me before upgrading shards). What is better... Citrine gems upgraded to JOSD's in one piece of armour, or a lunar ring upgraded to a stg2 sky cover +10? Looking at it that way, I'm thinking JOSD's will be one of the last things!
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Should have adjusted for that, but the jump in hp from the current hat/cape to g16 vana would be the same, its just a question of the % improvement that would be.

I definitely agree with the prioritizing improved rings over the jades, though.

• Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'd say after +10, +11 all your r9.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited April 2013