Assassin vs Blademaster

Options
Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
SweetieBot, who wins between a bm and a sin in a pvp encounter. both endgame and both aps. the sin has adversity daggers and the bm has rerolled warsoul fists, r9 s3 top and axes.
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, who wins between a bm and a sin in a pvp encounter. both endgame and both aps. the sin has adversity daggers and the bm has rerolled warsoul fists, r9 s3 top and axes.
    The characters are all a little strange, they do live in halloween land, and the storyline (or plot) is about Jack trying to find a new purpose in life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If the Bm has rerolled axes, why does he need fists? He'd easily 1 shot the sin using axes.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Aps BMs have never been a trouble for me, even when I was using G13 unrefined daggers.

As Zsw said, BM has much more killing/surviving potential using full R9.3 with skill spamming.

But it also depends upon BM: there were times I killed a BM with full R9 +10/12 sharded with vit. stones without even using a charm.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Aps BMs have never been a trouble for me, even when I was using G13 unrefined daggers.

As Zsw said, BM has much more killing/surviving potential using full R9.3 with skill spamming.

But it also depends upon BM: there were times I killed a BM with full R9 +10/12 sharded with vit. stones without even using a charm.

why would you kill a bm using a charm? you smack him with your daggers not your charm b:bye
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The BM wins because he is a much more skilled and well manered player than the sin b:laugh
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It can go either way, but leaning towards BM.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Blademasters b:dirty
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I assume we're just talking about a straight punchout? Prolly the bm. If we're talking about skill usage then its up to the player. They're on pretty equal footing. Although BM with r9t3 axes vs an aps sin... I hit some tt99 aps sins for 15k+ with my axes only +5. Your question kind of asks to compare endgame weapons vs midgame pve armor.

While the sin has higher damage, the bm has muuuuch higher defenses and if its a 1v1 will also have phys marrow. So the bm will probably hit the sin for more damage than the sin is hitting him, plus the bm should have a higher hp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If we're given APS armors, then we can instantly assume that both are extremely squishy in comparison to their weapons. If the sin has any sense, they'll sit outside of the range of S3 axes, and use their range+ daggers to smack away.

Therefore, the BM's chances to win mostly depends on either 1. Breaking the sin's movement lock and counterstunning, or 2. Using ranged skills (Hurl, Smack, Poleblade, +range axes, Ray, etc) to outdps the sin.

If the sin in question can tank either getting stunned or the ranged skills, they'll win. APS BMs in general have very little defense. If they can't, however, the sin will probably die.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.