Trouble with PK at endgame

Options
dragoorphis
dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Cleric
So my cleric has full r93rd and +10 weapon. He does okay in PK, but I been having trouble fighting endgame barbs so other tanky class because I cannot get in a charm bypass. For example I hit a full r93rd +12 barb with full Vit Stones and +12 NW cube neck for 4k . . . Even If I triple spark and get in a crit with tempest at half HP the most I can hit is like 15k or so. Even with that, I can only kill if the barb is at exactly 50% HP or so, because these barbs have 45k in Tiger Form. Plus, with Auto Pot now it is really hard to keep other classes at half hp because they just "heal" after I slept them.

Anyone have any tricks for killing these endgame classes? (BMs and some of the other classes are extremely tanky as well).

Is there a way? Or do clerics just DO NOT have enough DD power to kill them?

Or is my damage just really bad? b:sad
Post edited by dragoorphis on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Use the morai skills.

Also, yes you are going to have problems killing end-game barbs and BMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Use the morai skills.
    This c: Go and render ALL the charm ticks somewhat useless!
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This c: Go and render ALL the charm ticks somewhat useless!

I dislike new Cleric skills. They are painful. I had a Cleric, in one of my videos actually, omnomnom my charm. I was at 3k HP and it didn't tick. Just sittin' there, 3k HP, all sexy and temptin' and what not. Just ready to get shot down. Man. I should reroll Cleric.
  • dragoorphis
    dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You guys are talking about Mark of Weakness correct?
    Exactly how does it skip charm? Like if the enemy has 60% Hp, and I hit him/her with Mark of Weakness, and it brings Hp down to 30%, the charm will not tick?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Absorbing Array or whatever is the charm debuff. Mark of Weakness is the crit debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    one thing some people overlook is to always keep your distance from melee fighters
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't spark. It doesn't yield a large enough damage increase to be worth doing.
    Instead, take advantage of morai skills which skip defense levels and most shields, use your debuffs and watch enemy hp. You want to set it up so that right when they tick you can go all out and make the best of your ten seconds you have to kill them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's not like you are supposed to kill a +12 r9-3 barb in the 1st place...

Tell your friends to assist you to take down those beasts
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    What you guys doing in cleric sub forum? b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I been having trouble fighting endgame barbs so other tanky class because I cannot get in a charm bypass.

There is a reason they are called TANKY class. They TANK. They can TANK lots od dmg and not die. Thats what they are for. No single class is really supposed to kill charmed barb. If a single player can easly solo kill at end game a charmed barb it mean the barb just sucks. Barbs are made to take as much dmg as possible. My lvl 60 charmed barb on NW can easly survive hits from like 5 lvl 90-100 average geared people or hardly (but still survive) a well geared lvl 102 mage class (I tried to kill it using my Nirvana+7 mystic, charm was ticking at 5% of the lvl 60 barb HP... and the barb was not using any skills, just standing there, I didnt use spark on the mystic though, but still - lvl 60 barb in dreamchaser gear vs 102 +7 mystic?).

On the other hand - remember that lots of HP mean lots of Charm use. With like 40k HP it can take even 5 mins to kill whole platinum charm!
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So my cleric has full r93rd and +10 weapon. He does okay in PK, but I been having trouble fighting endgame barbs so other tanky class because I cannot get in a charm bypass. For example I hit a full r93rd +12 barb with full Vit Stones and +12 NW cube neck for 4k . . . Even If I triple spark and get in a crit with tempest at half HP the most I can hit is like 15k or so. Even with that, I can only kill if the barb is at exactly 50% HP or so, because these barbs have 45k in Tiger Form. Plus, with Auto Pot now it is really hard to keep other classes at half hp because they just "heal" after I slept them.

Anyone have any tricks for killing these endgame classes? (BMs and some of the other classes are extremely tanky as well).

Is there a way? Or do clerics just DO NOT have enough DD power to kill them?

Or is my damage just really bad? b:sad

If you believe you should be able to take down a 45k HP barb then you are sadly mistaken. A 45k barb roughly what a cata barb has in terms of HP and is expected to last while whole squads bash on it in order to take down a crystal.

To take down a high HP character as a cleric requires a lot more of a set up than some other classes. It involves stacking your absorbing arrays on the target, sleeping/seal/SoG in the process + mark of weakness to get their HP close to half and then nuking away. Unfortunately it is a very predictable process and can be avoided by your opponent.

The arrays are going to be your best friend, it will nulify healing and charm ticks to some degree making it easy to kill them. You may need to time when you go into violet dance if you have trouble staying alive while in it. Wait till you can sleep them before switching and it will still give you time to stack some debuffs.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Your scenario (+10 cleric vs +12 barb) is nearly impossible to pull off if the barb knows what he's doing. As for keeping their hp at half ish before sleep, use thunderball. This is the closest example I could give you but obviously the barb in this video is not +12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDIDdxmUxvI
    Was intended to have this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQXWStYcwGs
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Kniraven is wrong, the triple spark is not 'not worth it', its the only actual way to kill them... a jaded +12 r9rrr barb, seeker, or bm, will not be hit for 15k with anything you can throw at them, unless you spark. Fighting a full jades seeker, the hardest I hit was an 11.9k triple sparked crit from wield thunder, and yes it was extreme poisoned and magic defense debuffed. 15k isn't even half of 45k anyways, so yeah, killing without triple spark is just not gonna happen.

And yeah killing said barb solo is difficult for anybody, but you can sure as heck make him waste charm, lol. During one nation war I fought this barb and since I knew if he dug the flag he'd be unstoppable, I held him down for a long time and debuffed him with morai arrays and triple sparked a few times, got kinda close once... he musta burned through 300 or 400k charm just in those few minutes lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931