Seekers, most op class? pvp wise?

Options

Comments

• Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry, what?

As of right now they make a pretty significant difference, even with how high people can bring their attack levels. Maybe if we get those +2 Attack Level shards then they wouldn't, but right now? Oh boy. Oh lawdy.

It really makes no big difference even the opposite. Real PvP involves debuffs at any time and you just have your own buffs. Simply having much def levels while you def is close to 0 will result in nearly instant death if you can't protect yourself somehow. Def level are useless while you dont have high base stats to back them up. Tho seeker and Clerics need high Def level as a main strateg to be most effective in pk...

Everything I said is End-Game wise with absolutely equal gears...thats the only way to fairly compare the classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The one you quoted stated sins as OP...rofl...sins...the weakest End-Game class^^The buff means nothing...the strongest classes are the ones who can debuff your def to nearly 0. Def level mean nothing in real pk...cept for clerics...where def levels are really OP 1on1 wise...with self buffs only.

Sins are not the weakest class what the duck are are you talking about.
    Wow.. Def levels? Okay - never reading anything you say ever again.
    Fail attempt to ridicule iHax who actually makes decent points. You sir, are smoking unicorn rainbow farts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sins are not the weakest class what the duck are are you talking about.
    Wow.. Def levels? Okay - never reading anything you say ever again.
    Fail attempt to ridicule iHax who actually makes decent points. You sir, are smoking unicorn rainbow farts.

Then do your homework and test it out. That's it. Everything I stated can be proofen. Ask others if you don't belief me or test it out yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Then do your homework and test it out. That's it. Everything I stated can be proofen. Ask others if you don't belief me or test it out yourself.

Done it.
    You're still wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Done it.
    You're still wrong.

So what did you test out? Have you tested all chars compared to all chars equally geared and full 12ed with once josd and the other time full vit and so on? you cant test such things on a regular server...ijs^^ You never have tested it decently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So what did you test out? Have you tested all chars compared to all chars equally geared and full 12ed with once josd and the other time full vit and so on? you cant test such things on a regular server...ijs^^ You never have tested it decently.

You can't really compare a none regular server to this though, considering how gears, items, level caps and sometimes even skills will be entirerly different from what's able to achive in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Good luck debuffing someone's pdef to absolute 0 in the first place.
    Even if that's the case, def levels are not dependant on pdef nor mdef.

You're spouting stuff and demanding others to show evidence, yet all your evidence is a claim that you tested it all. I doubt it.

If you think def levels are pointless in PWI, then you have no idea what you're talking about. You are obviously talking about private servers and... like you just said "You can't test such things on a regular server"

Stop your nonsense b:bye
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Good luck debuffing someone's pdef to absolute 0 in the first place.
    Even if that's the case, def levels are not dependant on pdef nor mdef.

You're spouting stuff and demanding others to show evidence, yet all your evidence is a claim that you tested it all. I doubt it.

If you think def levels are pointless in PWI, then you have no idea what you're talking about. You are obviously talking about private servers and... like you just said "You can't test such things on a regular server"

Stop your nonsense b:bye

That is no nonesense and I said nearly to 0 not 0. YOu ppl rely on your buffs. If you are always fully buffed then yes ofc def level are overpowered. But ppl really depending on their buffs in 1on1 situations are slackers anyways, so I useally ignore them.

Def Levels don't depend on phys or Mdef? lol? Do you play this game since one month or something? Ask ppl that really made their Thought about this game like Asterelle aso...playing this game for over 4 years like I do. But then guys like you come sneaking around the corner and tell nonesense.

Surely you get less DMG when you got lots of Def level, but the more base reduction (def) you got the more benefit you gain from def level...

@PServers: There are few servers that are identical to the official one, you just get everything for nearly free and besides that...the game mechanics are always the same...you can compare any class with anything as long es they are equally geared.

REMEMBER THAT ALREADY!!! EQUALLY!!! and with self buffs only ofc^^

But no offense...there are a lot of braindead ppl roaming through PWI...I sometimes sat down 10 hours a day to test something out in matters of this game...and I don't need proof...just because you're to lazy to test it yourself^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    Options
    Surely you get less DMG when you got lots of Def level, but the more base reduction (def) you got the more benefit you gain from def level...

Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself completely and yet you call other people braindead. You're a funny guy I'll give you that much.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself completely and yet you call other people braindead. You're a funny guy I'll give you that much.

I guess you dont get my point there...while you get slightly less dmg...it won't save you anyways thus making def level useless while debuffed. I never contradicted myself...you just didn't get what I was trying to say =P and ofc I'm funny...and crazy...that's why I'm playing this game^^

Although I make one big mistake anytime...In real PvP situations I just assume that your opponent is elite...using every little mistake you do to bash you into nothingness....ofc 99,9% of PWI's players are not even close to that. Sorry I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    Options
    I guess you dont get my point there...while you get slightly less dmg...it won't save you anyways thus making def level useless while debuffed. I never contradicted myself...you just didn't get what I was trying to say =P and ofc I'm funny...and crazy...that's why I'm playing this game^^

You're not making a point, you're forcing your opinion on others like a Jehovah witness.

The only way def levels are useless is when the attacking person's attack level is equal to that of the defending person's def level. Which is not making def levels useless, it just equals it out.

You'll take "regular" damage because it would be equal to 0 attack and 0 def levels on both parties. In pwi itself it's next to impossible to test it out because there's only so many people with the exact same attack levels as def levels.

I'm not saying def levels will save you from damage taken with mdef/pdef debuffs, i'm saying def levels will still ensure you're taking lower damage if you're debuffed.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You're not making a point, you're forcing your opinion on others like a Jehovah witness.

The only way def levels are useless is when the attacking person's attack level is equal to that of the defending person's def level. Which is not making def levels useless, it just equals it out.

You'll take "regular" damage because it would be equal to 0 attack and 0 def levels on both parties. In pwi itself it's next to impossible to test it out because there's only so many people with the exact same attack levels as def levels.

I'm not saying def levels will save you from mdef/pdef debuffs, i'm saying def levels will still ensure you're taking lower damage if you're debuffed.

welll so why does it happen that 150+ Def level seekers get 40k zerk critted from a barbs arma when the barb only got like 100 Attack levels? SHouldn't the dmg be way lower then? Yeah maybe it should but it isn't. Doing the same arma zerk crit while you don't debuff the seeker only deals like 13k DMG...curious... it takes one day to roll both a seeker and barb on a Pserver to compare them...with the same gear we got in PWI.

try it, ss it and show us your "oh"-effect.

Edit: Oh I forget to state that the same seeker with full vit stones only take 46k max dmg...just 6k more dmg^^ while having 63 def level less^^

Besides arma is the only skill that can be used to compare because its dmg is always the same as long the hp and mp remain the same^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    welll so why does it happen that 150+ Def level seekers get 40k zerk critted from a barbs arma when the barb only got like 100 Attack levels? SHouldn't the dmg be way lower then? Yeah maybe it should but it isn't. Doing the same arma zerk crit while you don't debuff the seeker only deals like 13k DMG...curious... it takes one day to roll both a seeker and barb on a Pserver to compare them...with the same gear we got in PWI.

That 40k would be much much higher without defense levels. I'm not even going to bother arguing over specifics of the builds in question.

/argument.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That 40k would be much much higher without defense levels. I'm not even going to bother arguing over specifics of the builds in question.

/argument.

I edited my other post because I forgot to write that the same seeker with just vit stones and without 15 def level blessign just gets 6k more dmg^^ so much for your def levels^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    Options

Because it also depends on which debuffs you use from your genie b:bye debuffs like EP don't take pdef/mdef/def levels into consideration at all, it increases damage taken overall.

Also, saying arma is the only skill usable for this is nonsense. Wizards have a skill based from HP as well. Not as effective in getting high numbers, but serves the purpose nonetheless.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I edited my other post because I forgot to write that the same seeker with just vit stones and without 15 def level blessign just gets 6k more dmg^^ so much for your def levels^^

I'm in TT right now. Can we get a math expert or something in here to show whether or not Def levels are effective? 'cause all Joe's got is anecdotal evidence at best, and I'm too lazy to bother going and testing damage with and without defense levels (well, that and I'm in TT so I can't anyway) so please, someone with math. Come help out.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Because it also depends on which debuffs you use from your genie b:bye debuffs like EP don't take pdef/mdef/def levels into consideration at all, it increases damage taken overall.

Also, saying arma is the only skill usable for this is nonsense. Wizards have a skill based from HP as well. Not as effective in getting high numbers, but serves the purpose nonetheless.

xD I'm well aware of that, just used devour and Tangling mire on a 100 STR genie.
    I'm in TT right now. Can we get a math expert or something in here to show whether or not Def levels are effective? 'cause all Joe's got is anecdotal evidence at best, and I'm too lazy to bother going and testing damage with and without defense levels (well, that and I'm in TT so I can't anyway) so please, someone with math. Come help out.

That would be ofc very neat (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I kinda lost track of what this is about ... Why bashing on defense lvls all the sudden ? And why only the barb (one of the rare classes that can actually get close to a -100% defense debuff) vs a seeker (class that has no own +defense stat boost) ? And why taking the effect of defense lvls in a physical vs HA perspective, that we all know is not the big point of defense lvls to start with ? Like you show with your example Joe, your seeker will be 1shot with either "build", so what's the point ?

You're right, debuffs are dangerous for seekers, just as for archers or psychics, since they have no + defense stat boost. That is a whole other issue, which is more to explain why a seeker would be easier to take down on a wizard then on a psychic. Another point is that defenses, in the way they build up, tend to be a bigger part in the damage reduction then defense lvls. However, defense lvls have other perks like the fact they can't be debuffed (well they can, but they can go negative) and is an all-round protection. Just like HP, but with the advantage of damage reduction over just higher hp pool (pots, healing, etc).

Yeah, there are 2 distinct defense barriers, both with their own situational and class-bound advantages. Why totally bash down 1 of them over the other on 1 specific case...

(BTW, last time I checked, which was looooong ago, Asterelle was JoSD sharded...)
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    I kinda lost track of what this is about ... Why bashing on defense lvls all the sudden ? And why only the barb (one of the rare classes that can actually get close to a -100% defense debuff) vs a seeker (class that has no own +defense stat boost) ? And why taking the effect of defense lvls in a physical vs HA perspective, that we all know is not the big point of defense lvls to start with ? Like you show with your example Joe, your seeker will be 1shot with either "build", so what's the point ?

You're right, debuffs are dangerous for seekers, just as for archers or psychics, since they have no + defense stat boost. That is a whole other issue, which is more to explain why a seeker would be easier to take down on a wizard then on a psychic. Another point is that defenses, in the way they build up, tend to be a bigger part in the damage reduction then defense lvls. However, defense lvls have other perks like the fact they can't be debuffed (well they can, but they can go negative) and is an all-round protection. Just like HP, but with the advantage of damage reduction over just higher hp pool (pots, healing, etc).

Yeah, there are 2 distinct defense barriers, both with their own situational and class-bound advantages. Why totally bash down 1 of them over the other on 1 specific case...

(BTW, last time I checked, which was looooong ago, Asterelle was JoSD sharded...)

well ty, finally one that knows what he's talking about...I actually ddn't want to bash on def levels...although they don't deserve to be hyped like that...they own if you are a cleric and seeker ofc. But like you said...seeker are not OP just because their def can be debuffed to a very low amount which makes them vulnerable unlike cleric which can easily boost their own def.

What the most ppl are missing in their understanding is that seeker are not OP. There are classes that are just killing them on equal terms like nothing.

So ijs the most powerful classes are those that can easily debuff others. Which makes Barbs the most OP in that terms...huge HP buffer...phys def boost in tiger form, powerful skills (the most powerful, arma that is), high DMG output and great debuffs...not to mention solid shield and invoke...cornered beast...

If you take it that way then Barbs are far more OP then seeker. Even clerics are far more OP...although seeker can debuff the opponents metal def pretty low as well^^ if you know how =P

In the end it all depends on what class you're fighting against and on what terms. Also I wouldn't dare to open my mouth if I hadn't played ALL classes to an extent, PvE AND PvP wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• trands
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @Joe : Like I said in reply to the OP, I find seekers a though opponent for my own class. The defense lvls are a part of it, but more a minor one. I don't have great debuffs but more rely on attack levels, so naturally the seekers defense through defense levels is thougher for my own class. But the main reason is that Gemini slash that is rather terrifying (well, at least in a context like NW). I really find Gemini slash a bit to powerfull in combination with zerk weapon, especially since it's not even a spark costing skill.

From that point of view, I don't find barbs very menacing, again from my own class perspective. Yeah, arma hits hard and the physical debuff can make the other skills hurt. But I'm always aware of you attacking me since you have to come upclose, and will be able to hit a defense charm or something. No realy instant nearby, ranged or big control skills, so easier to kite. And arma has a cost : 2 sparks and a hp cost.

As far as I know, all classes have their thougher-to-beat ennemy class. I don't consider seekers as specially OP. They are very versatile for sure. I do find it wicked they hit harder then sins while being harder to take down, but that is really just in combination with GoF weapon. That is where my earlier comment comes from. I'd rather see them with a puri weap or a purge weap. GoF on long ranged nuke skills is more powerfull then a 30~35 defense lvl buff. (And for good order, I love puri proc but would trade it instantly for the ability to zerk on a caster.) But that would make other classes flip probably b:laugh
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Joe`s whole argument just lost all credibility with commenting how buffs are such a great help against debuffs that affect defenses. First of all, everybody is buffed in NW/TW unless they just got purged, giving advantage to classes that have other means of reducing damage. Secondly, the real debuffs that scare people are the ones, which basically kill your defenses, like spark wizzies got, making stat buffs fairly inefficient.

And picked from other thread, though Id take the numbers with grain of salt, further on thread is conversation bout some wrong approaches.

BM - 943,827; 453,890
    Wizard - 565,305; 435,505
    Cleric - 416,689; 421,084
    Barb - 970,647; 466,516
    Veno - 433,040; 450,439
    Assassin - 480,122; 438,084
    Psychic - 431,563; 437,482
    Mystic - 547,340; 436,115
    Seeker - 1,250,571; 601,405

Few things which should be noted. BM isnt using magic marrow in said calculations nor is barb in trueform. Still those numbers are fairly suggesting. First number being effective health against physical damage, latter against magical damage.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    As a psychic I do find seekers the hardest class to face.

Re-roll.

Now.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Re-roll.

Now.

Ikr, I played seeker and psy can kill me with little trouble. In the other hand, I have to be careful not to trigger their shields and pay attention when they use physical immunity. In NW, once psy use psy will, if my magic attacks don't zerk crit, I'm dead.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Joe`s whole argument just lost all credibility with commenting how buffs are such a great help against debuffs that affect defenses. First of all, everybody is buffed in NW/TW unless they just got purged, giving advantage to classes that have other means of reducing damage. Secondly, the real debuffs that scare people are the ones, which basically kill your defenses, like spark wizzies got, making stat buffs fairly inefficient.

And picked from other thread, though Id take the numbers with grain of salt, further on thread is conversation bout some wrong approaches.

Few things which should be noted. BM isnt using magic marrow in said calculations nor is barb in trueform. Still those numbers are fairly suggesting. First number being effective health against physical damage, latter against magical damage.

Yeah sure, while it is true that everyone is buffed during NW/TW I didn't wanna talk about those PvP events...Just because...if you're going in alone and facing too many players at once you dont stand a tiny chance, no matter how good you are and how skilled you are. 10 max geared ppl against one is certain death.

That is not PvP thats ganking and I dont really like TW/NW...just a waste of time and destruction of K/D...I rather 1on1 fair and nicely. In 1on1 situation skill even matters more then gearat a decent level. I hate getting ganked. That's no fun at all.

For example...on my Server Momaganon I could easily kill anyone that is selfbuffed in 1on1. There are just a few Clerics that are annoying to kill xDD

From all casters...right geared Clerics are the most OP because they can dish out rofl DMG and are nearly unkillable...(in such 1on1 selfbuffed situations ofc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yeah sure, while it is true that everyone is buffed during NW/TW I didn't wanna talk about those PvP events...Just because...if you're going in alone and facing too many players at once you dont stand a tiny chance, no matter how good you are and how skilled you are. 10 max geared ppl against one is certain death.

That is not PvP thats ganking and I dont really like TW/NW...just a waste of time and destruction of K/D...I rather 1on1 fair and nicely. In 1on1 situation skill even matters more then gearat a decent level. I hate getting ganked. That's no fun at all.

For example...on my Server Momaganon I could easily kill anyone that is selfbuffed in 1on1. There are just a few Clerics that are annoying to kill xDD

From all casters...right geared Clerics are the most OP because they can dish out rofl DMG and are nearly unkillable...(in such 1on1 selfbuffed situations ofc)

Group PvP is the scenario you're most likely to get rofldebuffed. If you don't want to talk about group PvP then we can discuss 1v1s, however you should know that no amount of defense will help you in group if you're focused and have no support. You will have your defenses severely reduced and you will die, however defense levels being something that can only be debuffed by about a max of 10, will be the saving grace that determines how well you can survive. They're much more useful than you think, especially when your defense are reduced.

Now. 1v1, your defense is unlikely to be reduced too severely, and if it is you can escape your opponent provided you're using a proper genie and know how to utilize class skills/have Purify Spell, or both. You can kill self buffed people? Cool story bro, irrelevant, but cool. Because there's a variety of factors that will attribute to your kills, and we don't know the details of each fight. Clerics surviving you isn't because of their self buffs, BMs have far more Pdef than Clerics. It's the class skills in combination with genie skills that allow for them to survive. Defense levels help, magic and physical defense help, but none of those factors solely determine how well they survive, and neither is entirely useless. You seem to think defense levels have such a small impact when compared to defense that they may as well be not needed, but that's simply not the case.
  • trands
    edited April 2013
    Options

Got to agree (kinda) with Zanryu. I tend to more look at group pk like NW/TW also. Not in getting ganked, but my group vs another group. A 1vs1 in an almost duel setting is more about the persons then the classes. You know the other is coming for you, you most likely know which combo they are going to use and should have a counter methode ready for the combos that really hurt.

I think in a group pvp scenario, the strong and deadly points of specific classes are way more noticeable.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options

Just wanted to add this too.

Seekers have the second highest effective damage too based on a similar set of calculations

BM - 125,532
    Wizard - 117,794
    Archer - 98,730
    Cleric - 117,554
    Barb - 286,144
    Veno - 99,222
    Assassin - 110,728
    Psychic - 107,870
    Mystic - 89,011
    Seeker - 138,716
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    you guys are all talking about the fail barbs on your servers, which is about 95% of them because they don't know how to play. If you ever fight one that knows what they are doing your going to die. The only reason barbs have been getting tons of improvement is not because they were unequal, but because the people playing them weren't good at it. And Eoria I don't fail, I can kick your *** every time. I'm not saying I can't 1 shot r9 +12 JOSD barbs with my combos, because I have, its the fact that they can't be stunned, slowed, and have infinite chi/sparking ability. And not to mention they can purge you, you can't fly away from them, and sage barbs do full damage in tank form. Try fighting flameofwar he knows how to play.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    you guys are all talking about the fail barbs on your servers, which is about 95% of them because they don't know how to play. If you ever fight one that knows what they are doing your going to die. The only reason barbs have been getting tons of improvement is not because they were unequal, but because the people playing them weren't good at it. And Eoria I don't fail, I can kick your *** every time. I'm not saying I can't 1 shot r9 +12 JOSD barbs with my combos, because I have, its the fact that they can't be stunned, slowed, and have infinite chi/sparking ability. And not to mention they can purge you, you can't fly away from them, and sage barbs do full damage in tank form. Try fighting flameofwar he knows how to play.

I agree with you there somehow. Barbs are the most versatile class although their movements are extremely limited range wise...Barbs got nothing to fear when it comes to 1on1...Soul of Fire for Wizards..Solid Shield...ToP...Domain...Cornered Beast...it's hard these days to kill a barb while it is very simple to perform deadly combos with a barb.

@Topic: Guys we can all break it down here to somethign I always tried to say. It's not the class that matters. All classes are good and I like them all (look at my sig) and surely some of them got an advantage over another but in the end it depends on how good you can play your Char. Def level have their highlights too but there are situations where HP would come in more handy ijs (especially for Barbs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Seekers are not OP. Like I said in other post, is the gear that matters and how people play with class. If you have R9 you can kill all 20 people at NW. A psy or a cleric is just as good as a seeker at same gear, same refine. There is no OP class.