TW Season 4 Predictions

Options
jndjsn
jndjsn Posts: 32 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
Last TW season there was a post asking which faction would end up number 1. Most voted for vindi at the time they were being rolled every TW by LG, which was kind of shocking to me.
Vindi's "TeamH&M" members left Enelysion and rejoined Vindi, ever since then LG was in the other side of the foot.

This thread will not be about Vindi or LG who will most likely remain number's 1 and 2 of Season's 4 TW.

This thread willl be about the "Tier 2" as some call it, factions of Sanctuary which are as followed:
Enelysion
Kakumau
Regicide
RavenTail

Enelysion being probably at the top of the other 3.

Kakumau who has been steady for quite some time, and might even be better than all the 3 factions listed above, if some members of Vindicate join due to lack of TW or anything of the sort.

Regicide who has recruited about 5+ very well geared LG members(5 r9/r999 makes a difference, just look at what happen with vindi ;) ) and is slowly but stably growing.

Raventail who had a shocking win vs Regi the week before map reset.

So the question is, which one of these 4 factions will turn out on top at the end of this TW season? Poll will be up and any non-flaming comment will be welcomed.
Post edited by jndjsn on

Comments

• chunleilu
    chunleilu Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Enelysion has been amongst the lands for quite a while now. They are more of a land oriented faction than actual fighting type faction. They had a chance to test their strength and improve themselves by fighting Legendary towards the end of the season but they backed out and kept attacking smaller/equal strength factions.

Considering the above I would not be surprised if they are amongst the top 3 Land owning factions again this season. They play more for lands than play for competitive fights or playing as underdogs and fight bigger factions to test their strength and improve.

RavenTail is hanging by a thin thread, if they stick together and can accumulate a few more good geared people can easily beat all of these factions but with the personalities that are in RavenTail they might fall anytime.

Kakumau has been consistent and actually goes for competitive fights rather than lands. So their members would have fun challenging fights but may not be good with land count.

Regicide depends on how many people re join them. As of now they are the weakest of the above 4 factions but since they are a big name from the past they might have better influx of people through the season and be a force to reckon with again.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wtf? you put rt and regi as tier 2 factions? idk what your smoking. and no i dont say this just cause i don't like them. rt was never a tier 2 faction and regi is going downhill their both tier 3 factions now.
  • jndjsn
    jndjsn Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wtf? you put rt and regi as tier 2 factions? idk what your smoking. and no i dont say this just cause i don't like them. rt was never a tier 2 faction and regi is going downhill their both tier 3 factions now.

ok?...
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    jndjsn wrote: »
    This thread will not be about Vindi or LG who will most likely remain number's 1 and 2 of Season's 4 TW.

LG didn't even finish #2 this season; they were third. So they can't very well remain #2.

Of the factions listed, Enelysion has the best attendance/sign-ups. This has enabled us to beat factions that have better geared individuals/squads. As the season continues more Enelysion people will reach the top level of gear. This will give us an advantage up until the point where PWI releases the next set of uber gear.

Kakumau will probably be next strongest, they've improved their attendance drastically in the past months and whoever their TW coordinator is has a good strategic mind. They also have all the clerics that Raventail and Regi lack.
  • Jensul - Sanctuary
    Jensul - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All hail Raventail!
  • sintank
    sintank Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All hail Raventail!
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    oh god, this noob again, surprised they haven't banned you from the forums b:shocked
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    LG didn't even finish #2 this season; they were third. So they can't very well remain #2.

As the season continues more Enelysion people will reach the top level of gear. This will give us an advantage up until the point where PWI releases the next set of uber gear.

You dont honestly think Enely will be the only faction of the four to have members upgrade their gear do you? and if you don't i'm not seeing an advantage for Enely here...
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    honestly this season depends fully on vindicate,

they have people with gear strong enuff to challenge the best, but desperately cling onto eachother out of fear lack of skill may show when fighting an equal opponent.

I do however feel like sum vindi's might get bored, and wherever they choose to go will be the 3rd strongest faction :)

My bet is on Enely too, why? cuz its the only faction of of the 4 thats getting solid 80 sign-ups every single week, they may not have as many powerhouses as RT or maybe even Regi, but they have a lot more TW-active members, which is why we've done how we've done in the last season

Disclaimer: when I use the word powerhouse im not referrring to skill in any way, Im talking about people with gear strong enuff that a 3 year-old cud play that char and come as a good player, while in reality hes pressing Tab and 1 without touching any other buttons
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Im rooting for Kaku, cause i love their idea of doing TW. Always going for challenge and improving. Gotta respect that.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

You are by far the most ignorant person ive met on this game in the 5 yrs ive been playing.
    In the end I say Vindi but out of the choices id say Regicide. The leadership has the exp and organization + members are growing. Active TW ppl.;
  • Skorge - Sanctuary
    Skorge - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hail King Raventail! Long Live the Kings!
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You are by far the most ignorant person ive met on this game in the 5 yrs ive been playing.
    In the end I say Vindi but out of the choices id say Regicide. The leadership has the exp and organization + members are growing. Active TW ppl.;

ignorant? who can regicide even beat anymore? they lost to raventail LOL
  • spoilin4afight
    spoilin4afight Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All hail raventail b:laugh
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You dont honestly think Enely will be the only faction of the four to have members upgrade their gear do you? and if you don't i'm not seeing an advantage for Enely here...

Of course they will, but we still have the numbers advantage/more people upgrading.

The problem with the other three factions... is that there's three of them. If Kaku and Regi merged they would equal or exceed Vindi. Seriously. They both have what the other faction needs. But yeah everyone likes having their own faction, politics, etc.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    all hail kakucide \o/ or regimau!!
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    all hail kakucide \o/ or regimau!!

u know nothing!

Legicate
    super mega interresting:
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's bored chu again b:bye.
    I based my analysis on my memory of factions and the current TW and forum posts on Sanc.

How are you ranking these factions? Are you ranking them base on TW prowess and fighting ability, willingness to take on stronger opponents regardless of power, or the number of land? You can only choose 1 of the 3.

If it's TW prowess and fighting ability: Only time will tell as people move in and out of factions, so any of the 4 is in the toss. Having more people showing up in TW may be a factor which is why Enelysion may claim the title. However based on the TW results and vids so far, Enelysion has avoided alot of the harder fights. As most TW veterans know, you get 80 signups when you have easy TWs. When it's against harder ones with low probability of winning the signups drop dramatically. Having more people with better gear don't matter if you don't have the courage to test them out.

If it's Willingess to take on stronger foe: This means lower number of lands. You have Raventail, Kaku, and Regi (if Regi is willing to take on the challenge). Raventail has personality issues but they are blood thirsty so they will go at it with anyone. Kaku just like challenges and fun. Regi is becoming similar to Kaku in looking for good TW and fun as long as they can avoid more scandals that cause exoduses of members. Enelysion has consistently avoided these types of fights in all the 4 years or so of their existence with few exceptions now and then.

If it's the number of lands: Enelysion will win hands down. They avoid dealing with #1 by attacking only smaller factions with their full 80 and avoid #2 by no showing or refusing to bid on any faction that they considered stronger (like vindi). Those like LG will not bid on Enelysion as their leaders are friends with each other. Enelysion's members don't PK as much and so not much PK drama to instigate being bid on by the big factions. Naturally, enelysion will maximize their lands while at the same time keep their members happy with easier TWs.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All hail RavenTail before they stomp you into the ground!! *Bows*

Long live RavenTaaaiiiil
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's bored chu again b:bye.
    I based my analysis on my memory of factions and the current TW and forum posts on Sanc.

How are you ranking these factions? Are you ranking them base on TW prowess and fighting ability, willingness to take on stronger opponents regardless of power, or the number of land? You can only choose 1 of the 3.

If it's TW prowess and fighting ability: Only time will tell as people move in and out of factions, so any of the 4 is in the toss. Having more people showing up in TW may be a factor which is why Enelysion may claim the title. However based on the TW results and vids so far, Enelysion has avoided alot of the harder fights. As most TW veterans know, you get 80 signups when you have easy TWs. When it's against harder ones with low probability of winning the signups drop dramatically. Having more people with better gear don't matter if you don't have the courage to test them out.

If it's Willingess to take on stronger foe: This means lower number of lands. You have Raventail, Kaku, and Regi (if Regi is willing to take on the challenge). Raventail has personality issues but they are blood thirsty so they will go at it with anyone. Kaku just like challenges and fun. Regi is becoming similar to Kaku in looking for good TW and fun as long as they can avoid more scandals that cause exoduses of members. Enelysion has consistently avoided these types of fights in all the 4 years or so of their existence with few exceptions now and then.

If it's the number of lands: Enelysion will win hands down. They avoid dealing with #1 by attacking only smaller factions with their full 80 and avoid #2 by no showing or refusing to bid on any faction that they considered stronger (like vindi). Those like LG will not bid on Enelysion as their leaders are friends with each other. Enelysion's members don't PK as much and so not much PK drama to instigate being bid on by the big factions. Naturally, enelysion will maximize their lands while at the same time keep their members happy with easier TWs.

^ Pretty much this.

I can surely say Enelysion will win because they go after lands and have the sign-ups.

RavenTail has been growing steadily but I don't know what to expect from them. If they manage to stick together and not fall apart due to some of the people that are in there, they may become very powerful.

Kakumau just wants fun TWs, never cared about having a lot of lands. They go after challenges and discourage any form of "easy TW" and "easy land taking" unless there's not much choice (like with the current map reset; a lot of small factions and alt factions are on the map). Gotta keep the members happy too by getting TWs.
    I don't think we'll ever win this, as it's land based.

Regicide; I can't tell. I surely hope they can keep going (I love TWing against them) and grow and improve. The past few TWs were pretty easy against them due to their sign-ups but I hope they can get back to having a lot of people for better TWs.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • fghjklzxcvb
    fghjklzxcvb Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I would just like to make a point here. Enely can double-defend any 2 of these factions. And it you look at the last season, had to do this almost every week. Sometimes triples too. So let me ask you this; if you're already facing a 3 vs. 1 situation, why would you look for even more enemies? For the triples we usually didn't have enough people to fight all 3, so we fought and won 2 instead (though not necessarily all of the factions listed above, Corvinus liked to take a shot too.)

I think it's just common sense to not make too many enemies at the same time. 2 or 3 per week is enough for anybody, isn't it? Double-defending Kaku and Regi at the same time strikes me as what most people would call a "hard fight" so why would they want to make it even harder by poking LG too? Picking "easy" fights for attacks was mostly just to make sure we at least ended the weekend with the same number as lands as we started with (if we didn't have enough sign-ups and had to no-show one in a triple-defense.)

This poll is stupid. Everybody knows who is the strongest of the 4 factions listed. If we get a chance to play with LG without getting ganked by 2 other factions on the same weekend, then I'd like to fight them. Don't think we'd win, but I think it's probably the longest battle either faction could have 1 on 1. I'd say it'd last at least an hour. More if Enely turtle it. Neither LG nor Enely can last more than 30 minutes vs. Vindi, but both are in a whole different league than Kaku, Regi and RT.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Poasting from no name alt does not change a fact Ene never attacked a stronger enemy unless it was a pre-arranged gank. No one ever said ene is weak just not challenging and dull for most people that look for actual TWs. It was a scavanging fac of sanctuary since the beginning for 4 years, winning few double defenses in the last few months against drastically weakened regi does not really say much.

Also highly doubt Regi and Kaku merge would win against Vindi, don't think it would even be an even TW, would still expect 10-15 minutes roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Temptatious - Sanctuary
    Temptatious - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, I've fought against and even with all of these factions. Each has a unique style and usually work well to their advantage.

Enelysion: Has always, always, always been a faction to gather up land, they really loved down south for a while there, and then just sit. And wait. And wait. And before, no one bothered attacking them. I won't go into details on some theories as to why that have been circulating the past few years. I was a member for a short period, wasn't impressed, and went my separate ways. Then, someone actually attacked them last year (Endeavour) and they were almost wiped off the map. At that time, Endeavour was only pulling 60ish in TW, maxing out at an 80 once. Several members went from Endeavour to Enelysion and by the next season, Enelysion had developed a much larger member base.

The next faction to actively attack Enelysion was Regicide, who was again pulling 60 against Enelysion full 80. The last few fights I've been in against Enelysion we had 40-50 people against a full 80 and with those numbers, gear and skill can't even do that much to help. The biggest thing Enelysion has going for them is their numbers they can pull .They have an 'elite' group of 20 or so members a HUGE herd of freaking clerics, and then other lesser geared, but equally important individuals. However, it's been proven by Vindicate that these numbers aren't enough when faced up against similar numbers, so if once again they get on someone's bad side, it could start hurting their land count.

Kakumau: I've fought them a few times and I must applaud them. They have a wonderful, clean attitude when it comes to TW and even losing to them has been enjoyable. Never trash talking, killing after the fight is over. They are truly a pleasure to fight against! Strategy-wise, they have an unusual policy of no TW requirements, however still are able to pull decent enough numbers to make it count. They've always seemed well organized when fighting them. While Kaku tends to hang back, I think they have good chances against the other three listed factions.

RavenTail: Well, I've only fought them ONCE so don't have too much experience (not to mention it was a Monday night TW, which honestly someone needs to go flick a GM on the nose until they get that fixed). They don't seem to be nearly as established against as Kaku or Enely are, and their faction seemed to be lacking clerics and archers were are vital when it comes to TW. In all fairness, I believe the TW would have gone much differently on a Saturday night since we were missing the Euros as well as people who were working (hard to TW with no cata barbs QQ). They have nice DDs and some tough *** barbs, but it shows that they're still 'newer' at working together.

Regicide: Welll......yeah. Only been here for a few months, but I have to say I'm enjoying it. Being in a TW that isn't always winning is far from a stretch for me (granted, I'll take a 2 hour loss over boring 15 minute wins any day, but I am there just for the enjoyment). Regi had it really rough last season, never topping more than two lands at once, thank you Enely for that fun hunt. Lost members through out the season steadily, but I think things will be quite differently for this season. Recruiting has been going fairly well and numbers are rising steadily.Not to mention there is always room for more /shameless.faction.advertisement.

In the end, I couldn't make a guess. It's week one, it's anyone's game, and hopefully ALL the factions are up for some good fights this season. I look forward to see you all in my damage log in the upcoming months b:chuckle
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Imma echo my wifey on that.

Kakumau fights have been great, and I've really enjoyed fighting them both from Endeavour and Regicide. I wish kaku the best and hope they can continue to be a healthy active faction.

Raventail has proven an interesting experiment and I am kind of watching it with a degree of curiosity, though I definitely agree with Tempy that had it been a saturday TW where we wouldn't have been very short on people, it would have been a very different story. While I do find them annoying at times with the constant world chat drama about pk that gets really old really fast, I do admire their tenacity.

Enelysion does an impressive job of sustaining 80 at every tw (against opponents of equal or lesser strength). But let's be honest for a second here, contrary to some of the enely posts, they've ALWAYS been all about trying to take easy territory, whether they're getting attacked or not. Back when Endy was still a thing they attacked Endy every week until we would trounce them, their signups dropped steadily, until they stopped. Once Regi attacked, Enely magically gained a desire to fight again, and would talk about how they missed fighting us while we were busy with Regi since we wanted the harder fight, even though usually it meant losing both.

As for Regi, last season was a low point for us. In the last 2 weeks we've picked up a lot of new/returning members, and if we don't get full 80's now I think we'll at least be pretty close. Looking forward to seeing you again Enely, should be fun with comparable numbers. If you would like to add yourself to these numbers click here -shameless faction plug is shameless-
    f:hehe
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I've been in Enely, nice group of folks but not willing to challenge themselves.
    Kaku.. seems fun I guess. Don't know how their TW works but kudos on taking on tougher opponents.
    RT.. still a cute little puppy. No organization. I sorta expected a clash of egos to happen and I was right seeing how one of their major players (Darca) left.
    Regi.. well, if LG's losing members, more than likely they're going to Regi. Maybe it's time for LG to take a seat behind Regi for this season since their players seem to go back and forth between the two.

Very hard to pick who'd win but it's easier to pick who'll not win. RT. LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options

Very hard to pick who'd win but it's easier to pick who'll not win. RT. LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL

Its because they all got real life unlike us and getting laid 24/7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well since I did not comment on Regicide's chances, not that anyones cares but I do hope Regicide do good this year/season, at least better than the last one. As an old old Regi member/veteran/whatever and a current Vindi that does not hate Regi I never really stopped paying attention to whats going on in the faction and to be honest after a long time it seams Regi might be coming back on the right track;

A lot of bad decisions in the past and shady individuals highly ranked or even allowed around the faction literally destroyed any positive attachment that (SOME) old members had and made a lot of them leave but really, with most of them (cancerous, not old members) being gone now and some new fresh people brought in that had nothing to do with past dramas I do honestly believe Regi can come on top of these 4 if they keep up some good work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    We're comparing 4 factions, and u guys keep saying enely goes for the easy wins :o yet these 'easy wins' are the other 3 factions that we're comparing with :P I dont know what happened with Ende (cuz I quit PWI during that time), but from what Ive seen since the last 3 months that im back is that Vindi is the strongest by far, there's so many r999 desperately clinging onto eachother that they're made themselves the most ignorable faction TW wise, I doubt anyone still cares for 1st place. LG while way behind vindi is prolly way ahead of everyone else, tho this is speculation cuz they havent fought with enely in forever. Enely altho way way way behind vindi and prolly way behind LG is way ahead of all the other factions atm. So I find this comparison with the other factions rather strange. All I know is that Enelysion has beaten all these factions in 1v1s and some even in 2v1s, what will happen is completely unknown so to be honest there's only 1 conclusion...

ALL HAIL RAVENTAIL!
    super mega interresting:
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The last time Enely and Regi fought, Regi lasted for an hour and a half with 50 people, even after Enely pulled out of Kaku after, what, fifteen minutes?

We've since picked up around 30 actives, and many of them are highly geared, experienced pvpers/twers. I hate to break it to you Enely but no matter how many more people you guys got since then you can't fill more than 80 which you guys have always done anyway. Maybe some members got better gear but the margin of improvement is probably nowhere near as significant. I'm really looking forward to TWing against you guys this time. Should be fun to fight you with us bringing anywhere close to a full 80.
    f:victory
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Jensul - Sanctuary
    Jensul - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The last time Enely and Regi fought, Regi lasted for an hour and a half with 50 people, even after Enely pulled out of Kaku after, what, fifteen minutes?

We've since picked up around 30 actives, and many of them are highly geared, experienced pvpers/twers. I hate to break it to you Enely but no matter how many more people you guys got since then you can't fill more than 80 which you guys have always done anyway. Maybe some members got better gear but the margin of improvement is probably nowhere near as significant. I'm really looking forward to TWing against you guys this time. Should be fun to fight you with us bringing anywhere close to a full 80.
    f:victory

Booogity boogity boo!