What would you go?

LightHealery - Lost City
LightHealery - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Venomancer
So I have a level 87 venomancer on the verge of sage/demon. Don't know if this has been asked yet but what culti would you go if you wanted to be a support-type or a offensive-type?

b:surrender sorry if this has been answered already. You can link the pages if it has.b:surrender
Post edited by LightHealery - Lost City on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The two cultivations are very balanced for venomancers. If you like gambling for higher spike damage, pick demon. If you prefer better chi gain and generally more consistent skill damage, pick sage. In any case, hie thee to Ecatomb.net's skill page and compare for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I was picking my culti, most of what I was hearing from venomancers ingame was "Demon is more solo oritented, sage more squad-friendly." Personally I feel both cultis are very balanced [apart from the new imbued transformations - whoever thought that a crit reduction buff = 35 chi gain is a moron. I'd kill to have that chi ;3]

I picked demon as I felt that suited my playstyle better - for example, when my ironguard procs [and with two myriads to use as well, it's fairly consistent] it devastates mobs and players alike :D As Mayfly said however, it's a gamble and can't be relied on. If you prefer consistency then perhaps sage would be a better choice for you. Ecatomb is your best friend when deciding a cultivation b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd suggest demon for all forms of pvp. Greater amp duration gives your team mates more time to take advantage. I'm also one of the few who would tell you they prefer the reduced cooldown to more frequently purge key targets over a 5 meter aoe. If your enemies are ever standing that close together then they're as good as dead anyway.

Demon also has a more practical antistun and a spammable speed buff to make them the fastest kiting class in game as well as good flag catchers in NW.

That's my two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I was picking my culti, most of what I was hearing from venomancers ingame was "Demon is more solo oritented, sage more squad-friendly." Personally I feel both cultis are very balanced [apart from the new imbued transformations - whoever thought that a crit reduction buff = 35 chi gain is a moron. I'd kill to have that chi ;3]

I picked demon as I felt that suited my playstyle better - for example, when my ironguard procs [and with two myriads to use as well, it's fairly consistent] it devastates mobs and players alike :D As Mayfly said however, it's a gamble and can't be relied on. If you prefer consistency then perhaps sage would be a better choice for you. Ecatomb is your best friend when deciding a cultivation b:chuckle

I would had prefered a thousands times to had got 5 chi gain each time I transform, instead of 5% resistance to crits f:angryf:despise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would had prefered a thousands times to had got 5 chi gain each time I transform, instead of 5% resistance to crits f:angryf:despise

Agreed. It kinda ticked me off when I found it, the butterfly from greatly favours the Sage. Despite that I'm still as happy as ever to be Demon!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • LightHealery - Lost City
    LightHealery - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well see I'm used to playing on a PvP server and getting killed everytime I turn around and my veno is on a PvE server with herc and nix, so it's a bit harder to adjust to not being killed when I turn around b:laugh . Any tips?