Infamous time

XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
"Red name:: Player has killed many other players. Be careful of red names because you can be next. The more kills you rack up the longer you will stay in this mode. The punishment for death while you have a red name is far more severe than usual. Killing monsters at or above your level will reduce the duration of being infamous."

How many monsters do you have to kill exactly?
Post edited by XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    u have to kill a lot
    i just usually set up an aoe in valley of scarred and go afk
    easy mobs so its somewhat faster
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, in other words, it's not really worth it.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guess it depends on server. I still aoe grind in VoS often and I usually see pkers doing just that. Besides west arch, this is another magnet place for pkers, so it can work to your disadvantage.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    um? really? who cares about this? IF you got red named you must be somewhat good at PK or you killed lowbies or an alt of yours... If you cant deal with the time spent as red named, dont do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    um? really? who cares about this? IF you got red named you must be somewhat good at PK or you killed lowbies or an alt of yours... If you cant deal with the time spent as red named, dont do it.

I don't think this is really necessary, this thread was a genuine question.
    @OP, I don't personally know but I know a friend of mine spent HOURS killing mobs and still didn't get down to a pink name from red name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think this is really necessary, this thread was a genuine question.
    @OP, I don't personally know but I know a friend of mine spent HOURS killing mobs and still didn't get down to a pink name from red name.

genuinely someone who should not have gone red named to begin with then, i would agree with that. b:victory but the answer is simply not a number of pve monsters to kill... it is the amount of time in hours spent in doing so = to the number of hours you can spend in catshop till the desired effect is achieved...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    genuinely someone who should not have gone red named to begin with then, i would agree with that. b:victory but the answer is simply not a number of pve monsters to kill... it is the amount of time in hours spent in doing so = to the number of hours you can spend in catshop till the desired effect is achieved...

I don't see anywhere in the OP's statement that they didn't want to be red name and that they couldn't deal with it, in my perspective they were just asking a genuine and innocent question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a couple hours ago I went down from 11 hours to 0 in approximately 15 cycles of the mobs at the entrance to VoS, admittedly I was spacing a couple times and the mobs would reset.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see anywhere in the OP's statement that they didn't want to be red name and that they couldn't deal with it, in my perspective they were just asking a genuine and innocent question.

I just ignore what he says. You're wasting your time.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited April 2013
    I just ignore what he says. You're wasting your time.

100% agree b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Depending on how many mobs you're able to pull at once, aoe farming in VoS is a very quick way to get rid of infamous. I lose somewhere around an hour of infamous a minute grinding avalanche nomads / icewind snipers on the northern end of the map.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Instead of grinding mobs for an hour or so you can just go and run a few PV's I've gone down from 70ish hours to 30 in just 3 runs, takes all of 15min and gets you exp too ;3
    Depending on how many mobs you're able to pull at once, aoe farming in VoS is a very quick way to get rid of infamous. I lose somewhere around an hour of infamous a minute grinding avalanche nomads / icewind snipers on the northern end of the map.

@ Jark... hello you :P
    And he is quite correct... we've spent hours doing it >.>"

Dat Mob spam @-@'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
    edited April 2013

@ Jark... hello you :P
    And he is quite correct... we've spent hours doing it >.>"

Dat Mob spam @-@'

Well that's not bad....DQDQDQDQDQ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was killing Lv. 150 mobs once and it took roughly 60 mobs to loose 1 hour. Running PV pretty much drains all my hours in 15 minutes.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do good old sfc and pull twice to three times -> done b:pleased

Nah just kidding, OHT3 is fast and PV is fast too, decide which one you prefer.
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why is everyone forgetting the mobs in cube?b:puzzled
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Why is everyone forgetting the mobs in cube?b:puzzled

You can kill the mobs in both the Cube and the Theater of Blood (and various other places I'm sure) But since the mobs are of a non-aggro-able type, it is not as fast and or as easy as OHT/PV, but everyone to their own i guess. oh also there is the whole "chance" of getting into the mob cube rooms, and the time limit on the ToB to consider.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    You can kill the mobs in both the Cube and the Theater of Blood (and various other places I'm sure) But since the mobs are of a non-aggro-able type, it is not as fast and or as easy as OHT/PV, but everyone to their own i guess. oh also there is the whole "chance" of getting into the mob cube rooms, and the time limit on the ToB to consider.

As well as the fact that those mobs don't even give anything decent in return. Mobs in map 3 drop tons of pots and DQ, as well as cards. Running PV nets you a lot of EXP. Killing mobs in cube gives... nothing, really.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    As well as the fact that those mobs don't even give anything decent in return. Mobs in map 3 drop tons of pots and DQ, as well as cards. Running PV nets you a lot of EXP. Killing mobs in cube gives... nothing, really.

So very true~ You only really get benefit from mobs in cube if you are a veno trying to lvl a pet :3

And fancy seeing you here again huh Jark? what a coincidence :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay post counts!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    So very true~ You only really get benefit from mobs in cube if you are a veno trying to lvl a pet :3

And fancy seeing you here again huh Jark? what a coincidence :3

ikr? I never would've imagined.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    ikr? I never would've imagined.

If we keep talking in size 1 print it gives off the impression that we're whispering and makes it really private and cute don't you think? :"3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    If we keep talking in size 1 print it gives off the impression that we're whispering and makes it really private and cute don't you think? :"3

Definitely. Of course it's also a pain to read, but meh.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Definitely. Of course it's also a pain to read, but meh.

Haha, you and your bad eye sight, you poor thing :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Haha, you and your bad eye sight, you poor thing :c

It's not that bad. We are using an extremely small font size, after all...

Okay, yeah, my eyesight is that bad. But I have contacts in so it shouldn't matter!
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    It's not that bad. We are using an extremely small font size, after all...

Okay, yeah, my eyesight is that bad. But I have contacts in so it shouldn't matter!

Haha, i can read it fine, you might need new contacts deary x3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Haha, i can read it fine, you might need new contacts deary x3

These are new contacts...
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    These are new contacts...

Oh... opps ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Red name:: Player has killed many other players. Be careful of red names because you can be next. The more kills you rack up the longer you will stay in this mode. The punishment for death while you have a red name is far more severe than usual. Killing monsters at or above your level will reduce the duration of being infamous."

How many monsters do you have to kill exactly?

Wasn't this removed from the game? Could swear I read it or heard it somewhere, a long time ago. Maybe I'm wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Except like 90% of the mobs in PV are level 102 (there are a handful of 105 mobs). If you are 103+ PV isn't going to be useful for draining infamous time. Of course I don't pk much so I have never had more than like 20 hours. I just carry a guardian scroll or stay in safe zones in that case and wait it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]